Have a station that I want to copy.

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

docwho83
x4

Have a station that I want to copy.

Post by docwho83 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 16:46

Here the issue I spent the time in game working on this station. Ok this is the player hq with the research module.

Ok now I know it will mess with the game to have multiples of that module. I am not wanting that module to be on the copies.

Simply put I build a mega station that dose everything plus 2 s/m yards, 4 large yards, and 2 xl yards. Plus food and what nots for each race type. ALL 5 of them. If the module is in the game for production it is on this station not just 1. Now I am not using anything but large storage from argon, terrane, or telita.

Basically I have I want to say 300 to 500 modules due to connectors and production built. Plus 5 e piers, 4 3m6s, 1 4m6s ter, and ter 4 pier.

OK now to what I need to know. Either a mod to allow me to place and remove the research module. Or do I need to text edit the plan and remove the 1st index and renumber the remaining index.

Guessing edit is the only option but before I spend the time doing that I thought I would ask for help.
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

UnholyForager
x4

Re: Have a station that I want to copy.

Post by UnholyForager » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 22:05

I haven't personally played around with PHQ stations so I don't know if there is an easy way to do this. If you do go with the text editing route, there are a few things you can try first and see if they work. You should first remove any modules connecting your station to the PHQ module in game before saving your design to be edited. These can be added back in later.

I would first try to just remove the PHQ module in the xml and leave the station indices as is, it might be possible the game will still accept the plan starting at a higher index.

If that does not work, you could also simply replace the PHQ module with a different module in the xml file. To do this, just change the 'macro' string to a different module. This will give you a floating module where the PHQ used to be that you can remove in game as well.

If neither of these works for you and you end up messing around with the module indices, keep in mind you will also have to change the parent index for all your module connections.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: First method seems to work, index does not have to start at 1 from my brief test. For the second method, after you replace the macro string, also delete the ' fixed="1" ' part. Just to be safe, I would load the design into the station design simulator and resave it after you made all the changes.

docwho83
x4

Re: Have a station that I want to copy.

Post by docwho83 » Fri, 28. Jan 22, 14:54

Thanks for the information very grateful for the help. I did as you said just removed the first index line and then took it in to be modified.
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

Return to “Construction Community”