X4 Foundations Vanilla - Tachyon Ops 'Teslaboom' Terran OWP

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Targ Collective
x4

X4 Foundations Vanilla - Tachyon Ops 'Teslaboom' Terran OWP

Post by Targ Collective » Sat, 22. Apr 23, 13:26

If you like my designs, you can find a full list by searching the forums for Tachyon Developments for production stations and Tachyon Ops for various military stations. Sometimes the line between civilian and military blurs; in these cases Tachyon Developments will be used for stations that do not specifically have a solely military role.

Presenting for the discerning entrepreneur who has the Terran reputation and materials to field OWPs of mixed sizes.

Why build Terran?

Because rearming missiles is much easier than the Community of Planets which require specific subwares. So long as you have a Logistics Hub and Production Facilities in range to supply and distribute your missile components you will have much more market share available for missile arming - you can draw on a bigger proportion of the market.

Also Terran beam turrets - so long as they are targeting small and medium craft - do reasonable damage with a minimum of friendly fire.

Why space the Terran Discs? Because that is necessary to validate all the hardpoints as free for construction.

The station is designed to have excellent firing sights so you should get high actualised damage as long as enemies are in range.

I'm giving one sample image for you to see - the Large variant, which is the final version of the OWP. There are three smaller versions for the entrepreneur on a budget, or with time constraints. These should be each immediately after the previous on your build menu for each one size larger.

The station is upgradeable - each smaller size can upgrade directly into each larger station at a click. If you wanted to faff around with station design you wouldn't be looking for my builds, right?

EDIT: After aggressive image shrinking and optimisation I can't seem to get image uploading to work, and would appreciate it if someone who knows how to post images the forum will accept would guide me. I'm not sure if using external images is against forum rules or not, most boards prohibit this but I can't remember it stated here and am about to check. My current draft image is height 288 width 512 and has been compressed to 16.0 kb.

These beauties take an even mixture of missile and beam turrets. I've left these with the default - Light and Heavy Guided Missiles. If you want more firepower you may wish to consider switching to Swarm Missiles, be aware they don't have as much range.

The four double pillars represent the Eight Terran principles - Energy Cells, Protein Paste, MREs, Medical Supplies, Metallic Microlattice, Silicon Carbide, Computronic Substrate and Credits. The Station and Fighter Drones represent the two purposes - Ships and Stations. Finally the turrets represent the necessity - preparedness. Everything Terran in a nutshell.

I advise conserving missiles for capital vessels unless you are confident in your supply lines. Savegames count. Testbed by leaving the game running overnight and see how your missile stocks are in the morning. If you run out of ammo then bulk up your economy or rely on the lasers, which should certainly be enough on the larger builds.
Attachments
Tachyon Ops _Teslaboom_ Terran OWP Size 1 Micro.xml
(24.45 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Tachyon Ops _Teslaboom_ Terran OWP Size 2 Small.xml
(105.68 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Tachyon Ops _Teslaboom_ Terran OWP Size 3 Medium.xml
(167.96 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Tachyon Ops _Teslaboom_ Terran OWP Size 4 Large.xml
(241.01 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Last edited by Targ Collective on Sat, 22. Apr 23, 13:48, edited 5 times in total.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Return to “Construction Community”