Infinite Scrap Processing at Xenon Gates

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rage4Me_Scav
xr

Infinite Scrap Processing at Xenon Gates

Post by Rage4Me_Scav » Wed, 12. Jul 23, 22:59

Pretty-Picture-1
Pretty-Picture-2
Full-Frontal
Side-View

There are 8x Scrap Processors, 4x Scrap Recyclers, 90x Solar Power Plants and everything needed to support them.

There are 30x Manticores and 2x Teutas. This is not enough to recover all destroyed ships coming through the gates believe it or not but it keeps the processors running at full tilt.

Its functional and looks pretty anyways...

Thanks
Xenon Gate Ring Scrap Processing - 12July2023.xml
(156.97 KiB) Downloaded 868 times
{Oversized images replaced by links. E.}
Last edited by Rage4Me_Scav on Tue, 18. Jul 23, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Infinite Scrap Processing at Xenon Gates

Post by euclid » Thu, 13. Jul 23, 16:33

The forum rules states that Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size. This is why I've replaced them with URLs. All you pictures (including the station) show just fine if you click the links. So there is no need to file any report ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Rage4Me_Scav
xr

Post by Rage4Me_Scav » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 22:33

euclid wrote:
Thu, 13. Jul 23, 16:33
The forum rules states that Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size. This is why I've replaced them with URLs. All you pictures (including the station) show just fine if you click the links. So there is no need to file any report ;-)

Cheers Euclid
When I click on the linked pic it says "URL signature expired".

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 23:23

Apparently your image host provides a limited time only. Maybe upload it somewhere else?

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Rage4Me_Scav
xr

Post by Rage4Me_Scav » Tue, 18. Jul 23, 03:56

euclid wrote:
Mon, 17. Jul 23, 23:23
Apparently your image host provides a limited time only. Maybe upload it somewhere else?

Cheers Euclid
I edited it but the links seem to take you away from this page....

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 18. Jul 23, 13:49

Rage4Me_Scav wrote:
Tue, 18. Jul 23, 03:56
euclid wrote:
Mon, 17. Jul 23, 23:23

Cheers Euclid
I edited it but the links seem to take you away from this page....
All the links work for me now. Glad you've solved it ;-)

Cheers Euclid

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 4. Oct 23, 13:45

I appreciate your effort of turning angry toasters into useful parts of society.

I am holding a Xenon gate (4-6 corvettes or so) and selling the drops still makes more than my traders and one factory combined. Still somewhat early in the game although I'm taking it slow. No need to rush and win. =)

Anyway, I had a similar idea but I'm not sold on the economy of the scrapping approach. It takes 11 solar panels for a pair of recycling modules and apparently you should have more scrappers to avoid congestion, so more than that.
That sounds expensive and probably implies a lot of station defenses to make sure the very angry letters of K and I don't interrupt the scrapping efforts.

OTOH it takes 10 stations to produce both hull parts and claytronics so that takes a lot of EC, too, and is probably a lot closer than I imagined. Just a different process to deal with.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Rage4Me_Scav
xr

Post by Rage4Me_Scav » Sun, 14. Jan 24, 23:53

Gazz wrote:
Wed, 4. Oct 23, 13:45
I appreciate your effort of turning angry toasters into useful parts of society.

I am holding a Xenon gate (4-6 corvettes or so) and selling the drops still makes more than my traders and one factory combined. Still somewhat early in the game although I'm taking it slow. No need to rush and win. =)

Anyway, I had a similar idea but I'm not sold on the economy of the scrapping approach. It takes 11 solar panels for a pair of recycling modules and apparently you should have more scrappers to avoid congestion, so more than that.
That sounds expensive and probably implies a lot of station defenses to make sure the very angry letters of K and I don't interrupt the scrapping efforts.

OTOH it takes 10 stations to produce both hull parts and claytronics so that takes a lot of EC, too, and is probably a lot closer than I imagined. Just a different process to deal with.
There is a resource on the map that goes to waste with unrealized utility and profit. This station takes advantage of that resource and makes something useful from it. It is 100% self-sustaining. The initial cost is next to nothing when compared to its output. All the energy you need. All the resources and manpower... its all built in. You will need to give it many many miners and traders (about 20 each) and many Manticores (about 35). 2x Teuta seem to be enough.

There is no reason not to build it.

It is a mega project though. It will take a week or so IRL (depending on how long you play per day) to construct.

x4

Post by 231281 » Sat, 2. Mar 24, 20:48

Товарищ, замени пожалуйста в своем чертеже L Аргон Общежитие на любой другой модуль! я не могу найти такой чертеж в игре и не могу построить твою станцию. Пожалуйста

nemo1887
x4

Post by nemo1887 » Sun, 3. Mar 24, 08:34

Ring portal defence.png

Return to “Construction Community”