PHQ Terraforming all in one

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Candaan001
x4

PHQ Terraforming all in one

Post by Candaan001 » Tue, 10. Oct 23, 02:24

Hi everyone,
I am getting to the point where I want to start terraforming and want to build a PHQ that provides all the components without having to change the station every time.
So far my list of required modules is below.
Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

2 x advanced composites
3 x advanced electronics
2 x claytronics
1 x computronic substrate
2 x drone components
15 x energy cells
5 x graphene
5 x hull parts
4 x medical supplies
10 x metallic microlattice
3 x microchips
1 x plasma conductors
10 x refined metal
1 x scanning arrays
1 x shield components
5 x silicon carbide
2 x smart chips
1 x sunrise flowers
1 x teladianium
2 x water
4 x wheat
4 x food rations
8 x s/m construction
1 x s/m dock
1 x l/xl pier
28 x large container
15 x large solid
15 x large liquid
8 x large habitat

Vovadrik
x4

Re: PHQ Terraforming all in one

Post by Vovadrik » Tue, 10. Oct 23, 20:56

Terraforming projects require hundreds of thousands of resources and having for example 2 advanced electronics factories will take hundreds of hours of real time to actually get enough for even one project (540 units per real hour and 100k required for for example getsu fune project)

In reality you would need like 10 or 20 factories for each component to make it at least close to optimal time

And I think the biggest challenge there is getting enough mined resources to keep all the factories working

Candaan001
x4

Post by Candaan001 » Wed, 11. Oct 23, 00:39

Thanks Vovadrik, I'll work on higher values and post my build when done :)
20 of each components is going to be a challenge.

I'm already working on a fleet of 20 mineral and gas large miners plus transports for the job.
God I hope thats enough.

Candaan001
x4

Post by Candaan001 » Thu, 12. Oct 23, 02:36

So I was thinking about this whole terraforming thing and decided... what about de-centralized terraforming?
( Given that I have not done any terraforming yet )

The concept is if I wanted to perform a terraforming project while I was at work (8 hours) how many large containers would I need to fill and how many modules would I need to feed into them for that result?

Given that question, I got some figures from a few sites but mostly https://www.qsna.eu/x4/terraform because its well laid out and explained. (BIG thanks to the creator) and plonked them into a spreadsheet with some formulas.

The results are in the attached sheet.

I'm currently testing a few sample stations to see how well they work and how long it takes them to get producing at full capacity and will update here.
Attachments
terraforming requirements.zip
(15.74 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

Candaan001
x4

Post by Candaan001 » Mon, 30. Oct 23, 23:58

So my idea of decentralized terraforming supply works reasonably well.

My PHQ is configured with energy cells, S/M fabrication, docks and piers, accommodation and supplies for many staff and is supported by about 14 freighters and mining ships.

While the PHQ manager will get some of the required wares, I find that frequently I have to manually set the freighters to travel many sectors away to my dedicated manufacturing facilities to collect wares.

I have now completed Memory of Profit and Getsu Fune and have just moved to Scale Plate Green.

I'll post up my PHQ blueprint tonight when I get home.

Something I did not take into account was the amount of end product storage modules I needed for the ware fabrication stations.

What I am doing now is making wares stations with about triple the number of container storage modules.

I'll post up the blueprints for those as well.
I have a base station blueprint that has the basics, and then I customize it for each ware.

Return to “Construction Community”