Terraforming PHQ

Forum for sharing construction plans and loadouts.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gnorke6988

Terraforming PHQ

Post by Gnorke6988 » Sat, 21. Oct 23, 00:33

Does anyone have any plans for a Terran PHQ that won’t break a pc once it’s built for terraforming? I like the idea of all production being at the PHQ, but I don’t want an extreme build.

TwoPunnyFourWords
x4

Re: Terraforming PHQ

Post by TwoPunnyFourWords » Sun, 10. Dec 23, 12:16

This is not likely, imo.

From what I understand, the majority of station lag is caused primarily by the number of people on the station. In order to have an efficient terraforming operation you're going to need a station with lots of people on it, and that is going to produce a lot of lag. Maybe somebody has built a terraforming PHQ with no living quarters on the station, but I would think that this PHQ is going to be a pretty broken PHQ.

Eshir
x4

Post by Eshir » Mon, 11. Dec 23, 08:42

oops RIP my PHQ Station is too big of an xml file
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1270

hope this helps

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 16:43

I tend to scrap and rebuild modules as needed for terraforming. Why build and constantly process stuff if you dont need to. I usually have factories or trade hubs within range of where something needs to be terraformed, and just build out a ton of modules for whatever is needed for that part of the project.

rc1149
x4

Post by rc1149 » Mon, 22. Jan 24, 11:53

The trouble with terraforming is that you need a bunch of ressources to perform these tasks. Any PHQ with a low amount of modules will raise the time needed to produce the ressources needed into the infinite.

You could build a Storage only PHQ and supply it either with a network of trading-stations or by jumping to your main industry sector between the terraforming missions.
Still for that you will need a lot of storage modules.

Maybe the only way to find what you seek is to find a good plan for a better PC. :lol:
<- Entweder -------------- Oder ->

Return to “Construction Community”