M7M

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Erqco
x4

M7M

Post by Erqco » Thu, 13. May 21, 01:44

Does someone know if the M7M are for sale somewhere? Or is another option that has been caped? Personally I don't like the dogfight but I like to build complexes capable to keep an M7M fighting, full of missiles and trained marines.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: M7M

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 13. May 21, 02:02

M7Ms are for sale; you'll need a decent rep (& cash ofc) to buy one
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Thu, 13. May 21, 23:41

M7M require lots of missiles, so make sure you also have your own factories.
Btw, M7M are really good and "safe" sector defense OOS, because they have good range and missiles have 100% hit chance OOS (at least it was the way in X3TC, but i dont think this was changed). Not cheap, but effective. Thats where i got the idea to model special Orbital Missile Defense stations for XTC mod.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Fri, 14. May 21, 01:42

Killjaeden wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 23:41
M7M require lots of missiles, so make sure you also have your own factories.
Btw, M7M are really good and "safe" sector defense OOS, because they have good range and missiles have 100% hit chance OOS (at least it was the way in X3TC, but i dont think this was changed). Not cheap, but effective. Thats where i got the idea to model special Orbital Missile Defense stations for XTC mod.
I am familiar with them, some people say that are too easy, but you need a lot of factories and transports to keep them ready for combat. That I wasn't able to find a shipyard with them... and I think that I checked all the Split at the map plus a lot of other razes, and the total nonsense of the new relations system were the causes that I already have unistalled the game. I think that Egosoft games are like a good wine, they need time to mature, normally I take like 5 years before I play them. This time been AP my favorite one I try too soon.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 14. May 21, 01:52

NGL, I'm sort of taking the same approach. Though I think five years is a bit much, I'd settle for two or three rounds of patches.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 14. May 21, 03:26

Erqco wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 01:42
I am familiar with them, some people say that are too easy, but you need a lot of factories and transports to keep them ready for combat. That I wasn't able to find a shipyard with them... and I think that I checked all the Split at the map plus a lot of other razes, and the total nonsense of the new relations system were the causes that I already have unistalled the game. I think that Egosoft games are like a good wine, they need time to mature, normally I take like 5 years before I play them. This time been AP my favorite one I try too soon.
The ingame ship browser is accessible from Shift+B and you can see all discovered ships and where they are available and what are the requirements.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Fri, 14. May 21, 03:44

Klord wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 03:26
Erqco wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 01:42
The ingame ship browser is accessible from Shift+B and you can see all discovered ships and where they are available and what are the requirements.
Yes I saw that option, like I said, I tried everything that I could think about and failed, this change, the list of sectors, the HQ, and a few more things are really good. Diplomacy... may be , not sure yet, relations system a big NO, that you are not capable to save a ship under manager control, another big NO. I believe that the M7M will be somewhere. but I was already tired of the flip flops with the factions.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 14. May 21, 04:21

Station manager ships being uncontrollable is a major issue for me too. Only way we can bypass this is by using expensive armored transports and hoping they would jump out when getting shot at. Still Im not sure whether it will work out.

Anyhow, I love FL with all the added QOL improvements and new stuff. Ofourse it has it's own faults, but hopefully they will be fixed soon. Anyways, cant think of an X game which came out without bugs, so FL cannot be an exception. :D
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”