Farnham's Legacy map?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Farnham's Legacy map?

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 3. May 21, 20:35

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 20:07
Where am I going ?
To infinity and beyond? Boldly go where no man has gone before? Magrathea? So many choices... :lol:

MFG

Ketraar

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Mon, 3. May 21, 21:26

What are the chances of the X3 FL players not publishing any Maps on line?
Keep it to your selves, as an unwritten rule.
So to keep the mystery alive.
:)

hubse
x2

Post by hubse » Tue, 4. May 21, 01:07

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 21:26
What are the chances of the X3 FL players not publishing any Maps on line?
Keep it to your selves, as an unwritten rule.
So to keep the mystery alive.
:)
a much weirder thought: what would happen, if the locations of jumpgates are randomized to a certain extent? or if the sector map gets created dynamically at gamestart?

means: no spoiler-maps, because it's literally random...
requires just a few scripts to make sure that gates don't end up in other stuff, and that corners of the universe do not form rings that aren't connected to the main part. oh, and of course no shortcuts to the old sectors (if they even exist)

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 4. May 21, 01:22

hubse wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 01:07
a much weirder thought: what would happen, if the locations of jumpgates are randomized to a certain extent? or if the sector map gets created dynamically at gamestart?
That has already been done RSM and I think XTC uses that, at least partially. The thing is, this would go against established lore and X3FL stays within the lore (as much as possible).

MFG

Ketraar

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Tue, 4. May 21, 01:36

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 01:22
hubse wrote:
That has already been done RSM and I think XTC uses that, at least partially. The thing is, this would go against established lore and X3FL stays within the lore (as much as possible).

MFG

Ketraar
Since FL takes place during the jumpgate shutdown, wouldn't that mean that the game could randomly have certain gates shut down either oevr time or at the start of the game (potentially making a couple sectors (initially) inaccessible)? Or change gate connections randomly over time? (It is also noted in X4 that the gates were reconnected but to different locations after the gate shutdown.)

hubse
x2

Post by hubse » Tue, 4. May 21, 02:15

I don't know. but it since they can reach multiple other uninhabitated sectors, that should've been possible in X-rebirth and X4 (okay, I've played neither of them). I like that sectors are really big (the old ones were ludicrously small, like a 100x100km area in the orbit of a planet, even the ISS exclusion zone is larger).

LoGyMW

Post by LoGyMW » Sat, 8. May 21, 09:15

For anyone wandering, as always, Roguey has already provided us with a great resources for X3FL which ofc also include the map: https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/universe/

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. May 21, 10:27

LoGyMW wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 09:15
For anyone wandering, as always, Roguey has already provided us with a great resources for X3FL which ofc also include the map: https://roguey.co.uk/x3fl/universe/
Thanks for the hint. Added to tips and tricks overview.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

satalin
x4

Post by satalin » Sat, 8. May 21, 10:56

LoGyMW wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 09:15
that map is good to know how many sectors you still need to find but if you want to fly with it then you will see that there are a few things thats not right with the map an good example is Legend`s home it shows at the sector overview that it is connected with ianamus zura alpha. but still a good thing to know where to search for the missing sectors

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 11. May 21, 21:52

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 01:22
hubse wrote:

MFG

Ketraar
No, XTC has a static universe that is completely new ("expansion region" - seperate from the vanilla universe). Its just not fully accessable at the start (many gates are unconnected at first). Over time the sectors open up.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 12. May 21, 14:41

Sure its been a while, I recall talking to enenra about it and was under the impression he had made something like that for XTC.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”