[FIX][FL-518][BUG] Cannot realign gates in the HUB - fixed in an upcoming build

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Betelgeuse97
x4

[FIX][FL-518][BUG] Cannot realign gates in the HUB - fixed in an upcoming build

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 5. May 21, 10:28

As title says, even after completing the initial plot (after you are given control of the hub), you cannot realign the gates.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Play the plot from start to finish.
2. A few minutes later, you'll get a message that the HUB has been given to you.
3. Go to "gate realignment." There would normally be 3 pairs of gates to choose from, but there's none listed.

Last edited by TVCD on Wed, 5. May 21, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Re: [Bug] Cannot realign gates in the HUB

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 5. May 21, 13:57

TVCD wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 10:37
[FL-518] Jira port
Where/how can I report bugs on JIRA? Could I have a URL for future bug reporting (if am allowed) please?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [Bug] Cannot realign gates in the HUB

Post by CBJ » Wed, 5. May 21, 14:00

You can report issues here. The team will take care of the Jira reports.

Klord
x3ap

Re: [FL-518][BUG] Cannot realign gates in the HUB

Post by Klord » Wed, 5. May 21, 20:12

I also have this issue. Any update ?
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [FIX][FL-518][BUG] Cannot realign gates in the HUB

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 5. May 21, 23:50

This will be fixed in upcoming update.

MFG

Ketraar

teknosvk
x4

Re: [FIX][FL-518][BUG] Cannot realign gates in the HUB - fixed in an upcoming build

Post by teknosvk » Thu, 6. May 21, 21:26

same issue here :)

LoGyMW

Re: [FIX][FL-518][BUG] Cannot realign gates in the HUB - fixed in an upcoming build

Post by LoGyMW » Fri, 7. May 21, 06:28

Spoiler
Show
For me, i was able to complete the campaign but i didn't get an option for the HUB to be owned by me. I was able to chose what faction gate i want to open but each time paranid take over the station with certain different gates opening depending on who you chose to support. Most system that open up are paranid controlled no matter what you chose but if you chose faction different than them then that faction will get two gates while in other cases they get one or in case of Boron they get none if you don't chose them. Funny enough one of the options opens up to Teladi space and they were not even one of the races offered. Split get no gates no matter what i went with. Also one option had a gate open next to Xenon space which is bad because you will invite Xenon into the two new areas we were playing through. Options for me were, Boron, Paranid, Duke (which is also Paranid but a different rulling house) and Pirates. There was no option for me to take over the station.
I think this is how it should be but now since some people say that they get to control the HUB idk where i could have done things differently.

EDIT:
Spoiler
Show
After about 30 mins i finally got a new message from Paranid stating that they would like for me to take over the HUB so i guess it was just a bit late on my end. This was with Boron scenario, haven't tried to wait a bit on other options yet.
And yea gate realignment doesn't work atm, neither does sector control option to take over the sector as your own so for now it still shows unclaimed

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 7. May 21, 16:31

Spoiler
Show
The HUB should turn over to you automatically a short time after you've opened the gate(s) to the rest of the X-verse: you'll receive a letter about it
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 7. May 21, 23:39

LoGyMW wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 06:28
EDIT:
Spoiler
Show
After about 30 mins i finally got a new message from Paranid stating that they would like for me to take over the HUB so i guess it was just a bit late on my end. This was with Boron scenario, haven't tried to wait a bit on other options yet.
And yea gate realignment doesn't work atm, neither does sector control option to take over the sector as your own so for now it still shows unclaimed
For me, I could take over the sector as usual. That worked for me.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 8. May 21, 00:28

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 23:39
For me, I could take over the sector as usual. That worked for me.
Up to you ofc, but I found that taking over the HUB sector ASAP wasn't particularly useful: it gained me nothing but pride & encouraged a bunch of previously non-hostile traffic to show up as red, making patrols awkward :(

Caveat: I've not looked into sector ownership at all! That being said, IMO leave that option until you've established relations as you wish :)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Xe-131
x4

Re: [FIX][FL-518][BUG] Cannot realign gates in the HUB

Post by Xe-131 » Sat, 8. May 21, 17:57

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 23:50
This will be fixed in upcoming update.

MFG

Ketraar
Is there an ETA on the update? Just noticed a few fairly severe things that will be fixed, like this one, that has left me to constantly defend against hostile Paranids!

Not intending to be at all impatient, just wondering. Please keep up the great work!! :mrgreen:

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sat, 8. May 21, 23:42

Seconding an ETA. My ability to grow any kind of manufacturing empire has stalled between this and dynamic relations.
Ofc, I understand that it'll take sometime to get a patch, as you likely need to pass anything by egosoft who then goes to steam.

That being said, I've already went modified. And then I had a spark of intuition and was able to make a primitive fix by looking at the original hub plot from TC.
While I rarely release and support my own mods, I could upload it. If the devs are still watching this thread, I'm asking for permission to release my own fix in the FL modding forum.

I'm hesitant as I fear I could be breaking something else,now or down the line. But hey, thats modding for you.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 9. May 21, 10:14

Due to the reasons you mentioned it is indeed hard for us to give an ETA for the next update.
If you want to release a script/mod to turn control of the HUB over to the player, for those not bothering with a *modified* tag, feel free to do so in the Scripts and Modding forum.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 18. Oct 22, 17:07

Is this problem described around may 2022 already solved? I hate to say but I would like to link my HQ to one of the gatehub portals. The Void Epsilon that is...
Now it does not that.
Oops, it was may 2021.... but does anyone has the answer?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 18. Oct 22, 18:49

You can only link to Gates, not TOAs. Void Epsilon only has TOAs. The closest Gate is in Void Alpha.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 13:08

Jimmy C wrote:
Tue, 18. Oct 22, 18:49
You can only link to Gates, not TOAs. Void Epsilon only has TOAs. The closest Gate is in Void Alpha.
LOL, I had to look in the library abbrev. section to find out what TOA was LOL. Long time that I had read about it.
Thanks for the info man!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”