Achievements bugged? [solved]

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

JcJet
x4

Achievements bugged? [solved]

Post by JcJet » Thu, 6. May 21, 08:22

The following achievement:
Stop, Thief! (Steal cargo using the Cargo Bay Hacker.)
Not triggering when using the space pickpocket feature. There's a moment in the story when you have to use it, and yet it has ~0% achieved on Steam global stats. The rest 0.something are probably used SAM.

Drones, Drones, Drones. (Obtain a drone carrier.)
Which ones are qualified as drone carriers? I've got Magnetar and Griffon Raider, but it didn't pop up.
Last edited by TVCD on Sat, 8. May 21, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add [solved]

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Achievements bugged?

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 6. May 21, 15:04

Neither of those ships are drone carriers.

The Griffin is one, but not the raider variant.

you can check the ship class in the ship info menu, drone carriers have a separate class, M7D

JcJet
x4

Post by JcJet » Fri, 7. May 21, 16:34

Thanks for the answer, I'll build a heavier carrier soon then :)

There's another possible "bugged" achievement:
***Modified*** (activate script editor)
When I activate it by changing the name, the local achievement pops up, with the tooltip "achievement unlocked", but Steam achievement remains locked. Tried several times.

Fanchen
x4

Post by Fanchen » Fri, 7. May 21, 17:35

Steam Achievements are disabled for modified games, so that works as intended.

BlackStar7713
x4

Post by BlackStar7713 » Sun, 9. May 21, 22:19

Fanchen wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 17:35
Steam Achievements are disabled for modified games, so that works as intended.
Then how are you supposed to get that *steam* achievement?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Achievements bugged? [solved]

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 9. May 21, 22:21

That one is supposed to work in modified games, but not sure yet why it isn't

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 9. May 21, 22:34

An aside query:

Is there any reason to chase Steam achievements IG or out-of-game other than for personal gratification? I've never bothered with them (& can't do so anyway on my disconnected game machine), but I've always been curious as to why ppl seem to focus on them..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Mon, 10. May 21, 05:16

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 22:34
An aside query:

Is there any reason to chase Steam achievements IG or out-of-game other than for personal gratification? I've never bothered with them (& can't do so anyway on my disconnected game machine), but I've always been curious as to why ppl seem to focus on them..
Most of our life, things we do are for self gratification. People are hardcoded to desire and they will attempt to fulfill their desires on their own terms.

In X3 also, we set ourselves goals to capture a Hyperian, build an empire, wipe out a Xenon sector etc etc and technically, they are also self gratification. Steam achievements are also the same. I myself never bothered about achievements in my previous X games but now playing unmodified games aiming to obtain achievements as well. In a nutshell, self gratification provides a meaning to keep playing !
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

JcJet
x4

Post by JcJet » Mon, 10. May 21, 09:35

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 22:34
An aside query:

They provide the list of things to discover in the game, which fits X game. They help you discover new ways to have fun. Instead of just finishing the story, build a fleet, kills some xenons, and get bored.
In the case of this particular game, only a few achievements are about "self-gratification" for "achieve" something.
For example, buying the drone carrier is not really an achievement but rather the discovery. I never tried M7D class of ships before (never even seen them, and why bother when you have M2/M1), but because of this achievement I learn how to obtain it, and this ship gave me quite an interesting new experience in the game, like scanning the whole system including the asteroids with a swarm of drones in a few clicks, not to mention the graphics of actual hangers opening.
Same with other achievements. You completed the plot, and reading the next achievements: "What's Kogasaru Maru?", "Armored Transport? Oh yeah, I forgot it was one of the new things", "Stun seven space flies at once? Hm, never seen these before"...

ex-deathevn

Post by ex-deathevn » Wed, 12. May 21, 07:34

There seems to be a typo in another achievement as well, or the achievement is tracking the wrong value. Is it meant to be 10k or 100k?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 12. May 21, 10:16

JcJet wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 16:34
Thanks for the answer, I'll build a heavier carrier soon then :)

There's another possible "bugged" achievement:
***Modified*** (activate script editor)
When I activate it by changing the name, the local achievement pops up, with the tooltip "achievement unlocked", but Steam achievement remains locked. Tried several times.
I'm sure it isn't working, activating the scripteditor any trying some new mechanics is a tradition to me, btw = xxx -> install x units of yyy gives some odd results
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”