Explorers Guild question

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Explorers Guild question

Post by TVCD » Fri, 7. May 21, 08:52

shameless creature wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 00:03
How exactly can I turn in Special Discovery with the Explorers Guild? When I contact a representative, they don't have any additional dialogue for it.
Should be fixed in the next update.

Special discoveries can be given/exchanged at the Explorer Guild. :wink:
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 7. May 21, 15:31

johneh77 wrote:
Thu, 6. May 21, 19:41
I find the representatives at the military outpost, Equipment dock and the Science thing that looks like a Military outpost from early in the game (I'm still in the beginning sectors). They are very random sometimes every one will have one sometimes none. They will be at the bottom of the list of people without a symbol. Haven't found anything worth spending my points on yet all the good stuff is very expensive.
So how exactly can you identify these guild members if they dont have a specific icon? Do I have to speak with everyone?

I have 991k discovery points at the moment. I would really like to see what they have.

Edit: Oh found them. They come with the name tag of Explorers guild representative.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Sun, 9. May 21, 21:33

What you can spend them on is usually disappointing. After long looking I finally got a blueprint for a Chokaro and took that. Most of the good stuff is in the millions. Have seen a few things that were somewhat tempting but have passed not wanting to spend points where I might regret it. Seems to be extremely random but you see more basic blueprints than special ones. I wouldn't waste points on those.

I wonder if they will still offer you one you already have or if their might be a point to reverse engineering all those crap ships so they will give you better options?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 9. May 21, 21:44

You will only be offered blueprints you dont currently own

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 9. May 21, 22:44

TVCD wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 08:52
Incidentally, the current discoveries that /don't/ end up in the cargo bay seem to yield 10K explorer points each
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

johneh77
xr

Post by johneh77 » Sun, 9. May 21, 23:27

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 21:44
You will only be offered blueprints you dont currently own
Excellent! So I should RE all those ships I'm not interested in instead of just recycling them.

Does that also hold true for the blueprints that are sold? So I don't have to go look if I have it every time.

Can I ask if the engine tunings respawn? I am saving some for fear they wont and I still dont have great ships yet.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 10. May 21, 00:23

johneh77 wrote:
Sun, 9. May 21, 23:27
Can I ask if the engine tunings respawn? I am saving some for fear they wont and I still dont have great ships yet.
WRT engine/rudder tunings: is it possible in future to collect them as cargo rather than instantly apply their upgrades to <playership>? I've an Enh Mecury (& other ships) that could use those tunings far more urgently than my current <playership>, but equipping them with a JD, fuelling etc then jumping them to me is so tedious & expensive for what's likely to be a one-time-only deal :(

(yes, only <playership> can pick up such cargo, but getting <intended recipient> to me isn't always timely or practical: I'd far rather have a nice fast jumpy ship to collect & distribute the goodies to far-away ships even if it still has to be manually performed by <player>)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Zanadu

Post by Zanadu » Wed, 12. May 21, 07:37

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 00:23
WRT engine/rudder tunings: is it possible in future to collect them as cargo rather than instantly apply their upgrades to <playership>?
I don't think you can. After getting my "liberated" pirate nova to around 300/ms I figured I would let the new ones I find float around and try to get a destroyer class ship to the same speeds. Haha

Zanadu

Post by Zanadu » Wed, 12. May 21, 07:47

TVCD wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 08:52

Should be fixed in the next update.

I'm loving this explorers guild mechanic so far but I've found 4 special discoveries and I haven't had any prompts for them. Any idea when this fix will be implemented?
Spoiler
Show
I'm also curious if blueprints for the Hyperion Vanguard is on the list of available rewards. It was such a comfortable yacht and I miss it already.

x3tc

How do I sell Special Discoveries?

Post by 150147 » Wed, 12. May 21, 14:25

I've had two of these in my hold for some time. None of the many Explorer Guild reps I have found seem interested in buying or using them.
I understand from other topics that using one starts the Terran Plot.
Please tell how to use, sell and/or start the Terran Plot.
Thanks in anticipation.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: How do I sell Special Discoveries?

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 12. May 21, 14:29

the ones in your cargo hold you turn in to any explorers guild, you need V1.1 for this to work though

they are not the ones connected to the Terran Plot

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by TVCD » Wed, 12. May 21, 21:30

Since we've already discussed this here in the thread, I'm merging the two topics. :wink:

[Topics merged]
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”