High ocilating frequency sound.

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

kermit6664
x4

High ocilating frequency sound.

Post by kermit6664 » Fri, 7. May 21, 02:06

Hello.
I got an interesting problem, I get an High frequency ocilating sound, kinda in the background.......at first I thought it might be the "crate finder thing", I tried to "speed in the direction" when I heard it go off(in a top equipped Kestrel), in kinda like a "pre-warning" that you are on to something, I did that several times to test, but nothing. This sound is not there all the time, but take about a 10Sec break before starting again.
I'm now 39 hours into this game, and I just cant bare with that sound any longer.......well, I try to play a couple hours inbetween, but it just will not shut up.

Otherwise I have to say the experience thus far har been very good, altho the diplomacy could be alittle kinder, like the rep you grind, if you lose 50-75% of the positive you grind(ie: I grind Argon 100% points, Split, Pirate, Yaki lose 75-50% of those points), just an example, don't have to be that many points, but a little easier to grind everyone up for us trying to be "industrious" and peacefull.

As I said before, the game has been fun this far, and Thank you all that worked on this!

Best Regards
Kermit

TVCD
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: High ocilating frequency sound.

Post by TVCD » Fri, 7. May 21, 08:49

Do you have any codec packs installed? If so, please uninstall them and check if the problem is fixed afterwards. Otherwise the DxDiag and maybe a short video would be helpful.
"Manche Menschen können den Regen spüren, andere werden nur nass"

kermit6664
x4

Post by kermit6664 » Fri, 7. May 21, 15:25

TVCD wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 08:49
Do you have any codec packs installed? If so, please uninstall them and check if the problem is fixed afterwards. Otherwise the DxDiag and maybe a short video would be helpful.
I've uninstalled all players, like Gom,VLC, Winamp just to check, still same sound, but I noticed something else, this sound is only showing up when I'm in Cho's Defeat sectors, I made a few(10-12) jumps to other sectors and none of those had this sound.

Anyway, I got a DxDiag file and copyed a save, but how do I upload it? :oops:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 7. May 21, 16:28

Just copy and paste the text into a post, or upload it to somewhere like DropBox or Google Drive and provide a link. Note, however, that uninstalling music players is not the same thing as removing codec packs.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”