Where to buy Transporter Device in the plot story?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

bergi9
x3tc

Where to buy Transporter Device in the plot story?

Post by bergi9 » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:19

I lost the transporter device through a fight with pirates when I got a decent damage on hull (module destroyed).
Now I just got the Cargo Bay Hacker for the plot and without the Transporter Device I cannot use it. It says: "Cargo Bay Hacker cannot be activated. Reason: Transporter Device missing".
I checked the encyclopedia to find the buy locations of the Transporter Devices. I already explored the whole Boron and Paranid starting sectors.
If the transporter device which comes with the starter ship was designed to be used for the Cargo Bay Hacker then it's now a bug that you cannot buy a replacement if you lose it? The plot is now literally impossible to continue without capturing ships with intact Transporter Devices.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Where to buy Transporter Device in the plot story?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 7. May 21, 18:29

The Transporter Device will be added to the Boron Research Station in the next update. Meanwhile, the only alternative of progressing the plot is to destroy the transporter ships carrying the rifles, picking up their cargo after the destruction.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

bergi9
x3tc

Post by bergi9 » Fri, 7. May 21, 19:34

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 18:29
The Transporter Device will be added to the Boron Research Station in the next update.
Thanks!
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Meanwhile, the only alternative of progressing the plot is to destroy the transporter ships carrying the rifles, picking up their cargo after the destruction.
Will that cause reputation loss?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 8. May 21, 00:12

bergi9 wrote:
Fri, 7. May 21, 19:34

Will that cause reputation loss?
Wit Duke's, almost certainly; however completing HUB may gain you a boost to make that up if you choose that option
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Sat, 8. May 21, 06:22

Same problem, I will apply the solution but at this moment I am losing the interest in the game....I feel it too funneled , I don't see the freedom that one enjoy in TC or AP... if I don't want to follow the plots I am stuck, if you follow the plots a silly mistake can make that you need to start over, no transporters, no rastar oil, no shipyard, only the plot, myself or my ships can not land at my base because it is full of NPC camping there, I have given the order of no NPC trade. I can not find the one for no camping, I think that the reputation system will need a touch up, I am not sure yet about this. I am been looking for information about the agents, the plot give you one, when or where are others? :lol:

Don't take this like a bad critic, I am grateful, I know the amount of work, for something that I got for free. Thanks a lot for that.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. May 21, 11:55

Erqco wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 06:22
information about the agents, the plot give you one, when or where are others?
This is explained in the survival guide, which you can also find in your ingame encyclopedia.
Erqco wrote:
.I feel it too funneled , I don't see the freedom that one enjoy in TC or AP...
If you don't want to play through the plot, feel free to try the custom game or use one of the sandbox gamestarts.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Sat, 8. May 21, 22:54

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 11:55
Erqco wrote:
information about the agents, the plot give you one, when or where are others?
This is explained in the survival guide, which you can also find in your ingame encyclopedia.
Erqco wrote:
.I feel it too funneled , I don't see the freedom that one enjoy in TC or AP...
If you don't want to play through the plot, feel free to try the custom game or use one of the sandbox gamestarts.
You are right I can play the sand box, but I want to remember that this funneling never has been imposed in the different plots in AP and TC, you were always free to start exploring or building your economy and when you feel prepared, you start plot or not, it was your choice. Anyway, I repeat myself, thanks a lot for the efforts.

Thanks for the agents reference, I had read that and I don't know how I miss it.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 9. May 21, 09:34

Erqco wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 22:54
You are right I can play the sand box, but I want to remember that this funneling never has been imposed in the different plots in AP and TC, you were always free to start exploring or building your economy and when you feel prepared, you start plot or not, it was your choice.
We are aware of this, and it was a deliberate choice to do something different this time around. :) I tried to explain the motives behind it in my interview.

But again the plot line is mostly introduction to the universe and to certain new game features. If you do not want to play that, then there are sandbox starts and the improved custom game which allows you to set your own starting conditions. See the Survival guide article I linked.

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Tue, 11. May 21, 02:10

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
The Transporter Device will be added to the Boron Research Station in the next update. Meanwhile, the only alternative of progressing the plot is to destroy the transporter ships carrying the rifles, picking up their cargo after the destruction.
Maybe add it to the stocklist of the Military Outpost @Holy-Vision-Delta too?
That way there's an option on either side of the hub to buy it.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”