Goner start?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Midnightknight
x4

Goner start?

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 8. May 21, 03:13

Hello,

I wanted to play the goner start for once, just to make something a bit different and it was going fine so far, the ship have no weapon but is fast so it helps when running around the systems until ... You are asked to kill pirates.
And i must say i'm really stuck at this point cause you can't really buy any ship ... And you can't either capture any since you have no weapons to force them to abandon their ship. Is there a way out or i'm forced to restart? I know this is supposed to be a bit harder to play this start, but here it's not harder, it's impossible lol.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Re: Goner start?

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 8. May 21, 03:31

I am doing the Goner start, you need to retrace your steps. Go look around. There are things to find.
Think before you action something, and manage your saves !
It is harder, slower, yet one needs to be thought-full as to how quickly you advance your game !

Remember the old adage, What ever you do, effects the game ! So think of any traps they may have set. Thats why you need to keep a clever save management going to counter any traps you will fall into !

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 8. May 21, 03:41

I pretty much always sell my default weapon (and shields if I'm not forced to fight pirates in plot missions), because some of those weapons are worth a lot.

For the pirate mission I pretty much ramp 5 M5s and got it over with. Don't worry about the lack of weapons, the mission will sort itself out.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 8. May 21, 03:56

Well i know i have to be careful and yes i choose this start cause in every X3 game i usually sell my starting ship early to buy something that is up to my playstyle. But here the issue is you can't buy anything. I don't have access to any shipyard, i have only one equip dock in range and i have no way to actually find a ship that could fight. I have of course the 2 TS but one is a dolphin (So no weapon either lol) and the demeter do not stand a chance against any pirate ship ...

That's why i'm asking cause it wouldn't be an issue if i could fine a M4 around or any fighting ship to do the plot missions, but right now killing pirates like it is asked is really impossible for me.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Sat, 8. May 21, 04:38

It's a real PITA when a game not only does not give you the tools to do the task it asks of you, but also does not provide any means to acquire the tools yourself.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Sat, 8. May 21, 04:48

You can make some money and then find a secondhand M4 (or make a 2nd scorpion). Use that M4 and the guns stored in the Demeter to get you some firepower.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Sat, 8. May 21, 05:16

I have made a scorpion but i can't even have shields, only 1GJ and 2GJ are available, the ranger have a 200MJ and the TS have 25MJ ... So nowhere to get 5MJ shields for a scorpion.
And i sold 2 pacs for money >.<

JcJet
x4

Post by JcJet » Sat, 8. May 21, 06:50

That's the only start I've played yet :)
You can find second-hand ships with the equipment you need, including shields. It's quite random though. Try visiting the west-most paranoid sector, there's often some ship near the accelerator with the offer...

B_SINGLE_S
xr

Post by B_SINGLE_S » Sat, 8. May 21, 15:54

Besides the fact that you can buy blueprints and build your fighters, buy a used fighter from the NPC, you can also apply your pilot skills. Ram them ;-) My screenshot contains a mixture of Russian and English in the game, but it doesn't hurt to see that without firing a single shot or launching missiles, I have already managed to destroy 5 enemy ships.http://piccy.info/view3/14320544/2ffed6 ... 2e4c/1200/
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 8. May 21, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

DonOctavioDelFlores
x3tc

Post by DonOctavioDelFlores » Sat, 8. May 21, 18:18

Ram everyone.

Your 200Mj Shield is a weapon.

You can even ram friendlies with no rep loss.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 8. May 21, 20:00

This game is made by enthusiasts who know how everything is done !

I am a long in the tooth x3 player from years back, this FL is a pain in the thruster !
Dead end after dead end, then what ?
I am a maverick kind of do my own thing, but this set path, do this, do that, but not give any help as to how, where what when. Is testing my synapsis.

I now have to give the Scorpion to the Slit ship, What Scorpion?
I haven't got one, not seen one, is there one?

I still am an enemy of the Piranid, had a quick zoom through there sectors, despite being told not to. Just so I can map the sectors.

I am docked at my green station, wondering what I need to do next to fulfil my promise to the Split captain to give him a ship.

!
:?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. May 21, 20:15

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 20:00
I am a maverick kind of do my own thing, but this set path, do this, do that, but not give any help as to how, where what when. Is testing my synapsis.
Maybe a custom game or a sandbox start were you can set your own goals would be worth a look then.
Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 20:00
I am docked at my green station, wondering what I need to do next to fulfil my promise to the Split captain to give him a ship.
Well, the Boron gave you access to a station capable of producing ships. Now someone wants a ship from you. What could the task possibly be? ;)

Ship production in the PHQ isn't a new feature of X3FL either, but has been a feature of the PHQ in every X3 game.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 8. May 21, 20:25

Found the Scorpion blueprints, need energy cells now, and guess what, the only ones are now at 19 each.
So predictable !
Do we have to follow this path for much longer? As if so, I can not see the point of playing the game. If it's a narrow set format. Do this, do that, now do this. Really !

I want to make my own way, not hold my mummy’s apron strings.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 8. May 21, 20:31

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 20:25
I want to make my own way, not hold my mummy’s apron strings.
Again the suggestion to have a look at the custom game.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 8. May 21, 21:01

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 20:25
Do we have to follow this path for much longer? As if so, I can not see the point of playing the game. If it's a narrow set format. Do this, do that, now do this.
The "on rails" part of the Plot doesn't last all /that/ long, even if playing a slower start. The full sandbox will be opened for you once you complete those parts (it can be easily blasted through in a couple of hours or less, or you can use the opportunity to make a reasonable cash pile fairly safely if you don't mind taking a bit longer). Those 'handholding' plot parts are really an extended tutorial in disguise

However, as X2 suggests, try a custom start if you want to be plunged straight into the X-verse
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 8. May 21, 21:12

The sandbox starts unlock fairly early, once you get the invisible door achievement.

Custom start is available from the start

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 8. May 21, 21:18

I like the game very much, it’s this handholding that was not mentioned as a Goner start.
I like to gather information first, go exploring, keep out of trouble, and then decide what to do and where!
I thought the Goner start was a good option as I play with no guns. The ship is just what I need. But this start I was not ready for, it being a step by step guide.
And you say in a couple of hours you are free ! Ya right !
I have been playing for over 21 hours, and still my hands are tied. :(

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 8. May 21, 23:08

Game time is now 23 hours !
The Bofu station is built and sitting inside the Green station.
The Split ship is docked.

Comms with
1 The captain.
2. Navigation officer.
3 Chut t’Hnk
4 Sao t’Plp

The Captain !

1 please follow me.
2 please move to shipyard.
3 please move to sector.
4 please move to position.
5 please stop your engines.
6 Way to nearest shipyard.
7 Way to nearest equipment dock?
The rest of the crew will only respond to the last 6, and 7 comms.

I am also docked at the station !

In the stations parameters, the Bofu station is at the top, but obviously can not be moved onto my little ship.

Non of the Split comms say to pick up the station.

What else is there! I am at yet an other sticky dead end.

What ever needs to be done next ! It is not at all obvious.

Do I have to go and bang my head against an asteroid.

May be twice…..

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Sat, 8. May 21, 23:42

Nort The Fragrent wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 23:08

Do I have to go and bang my head against an asteroid.

May be twice…..

NO, LOL it has happened to me , you only need to tell to the builder, I think that you can tell to move to position,load and where to build the BOFU factory. something like this, I also had problems with it. make no sense.

darrund
x4

Post by darrund » Sat, 8. May 21, 23:50

I fail to understand all the people telling the OP to go play the sandbox or the custom game.
He plays the x3FL probably BECAUSE it has new narrative and BECAUSE it has some different plots.
If he can't play it and he wants to play custom game he could already do that with X3TC he doesn't need FL for that!
Sorry but I can feel his frustration!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”