Building accelerators after the main plot

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

LoGyMW

Building accelerators after the main plot

Post by LoGyMW » Mon, 10. May 21, 01:14

How does one do it? I have found my first new system that needs accelerator built to fully access it, found the jump point, went through it, explored the other side and went back yet i don't get an option to build one? I asked the Explorers representative that im ready to build a new accelerator but he keeps telling me i need to open up the jump point first, which i did but it does nothing. Do i actually have to buy blueprints for the accelerator or something from somewhere im not finding? And no new mission popped up in my log for building the accelerator either so i get no directions on how i go about building it

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Building accelerators after the main plot

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 10. May 21, 01:37

There are 2 that are already taken so you can't build on these. It's possible the one you found is one of the taken ones.

If you find one that isn't taken then you should hVe access to it

LoGyMW

Post by LoGyMW » Mon, 10. May 21, 01:43

Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 01:37
There are 2 that are already taken so you can't build on these. It's possible the one you found is one of the taken ones.

I have found Light Water beta and Unknown Enemy Sector beyond that jump point, both are showing as unknown. I don't see any indication of it being claimed but i guess im missing something.

EDIT: I managed to find a Trans-Orbital Accelerator Construction Kit, loaded it to my Orca and went with it to the HAP i had found. Now in description of the HAP it shows owner as unclaimed and status is unlocked but for some reason when i use the command on my Orca to put down the kit it doesnt want to locate the HAP so i can't click on it to deploy for some reason. I tried to deploy it on Light Water side which didn't work and then i tried going through the HAP with my Orca and deploy it on the other side, didn't work either. There was a pirate station on the other side that i destroyed, could that be why im stuck now?

EDIT 2: Found another HAP again with it showing activated and unclaimed and again i can't build the accelerator. This time on the other end there was no stations or anything, just some Xenon ships which i killed. Im really baffled by why is this not working.

Do both sides have to be unknown sectors in order to build the accelerator or just the one on the other side?

EDIT 3: Found yet another HAP and again its showing as activated and unclaimed but yet again i can't put down an accelerator. At this point im wandering if it's not bugged or what im doing wrong?

tjoekie1968
x3tc

Post by tjoekie1968 » Mon, 10. May 21, 19:29

LoGyMW wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 01:43
Cycrow wrote:

I have found Light Water beta and Unknown Enemy Sector beyond that jump point, both are showing as unknown. I don't see any indication of it being claimed but i guess im missing something.

EDIT: I managed to find a Trans-Orbital Accelerator Construction Kit, loaded it to my Orca and went with it to the HAP i had found. Now in description of the HAP it shows owner as unclaimed and status is unlocked but for some reason when i use the command on my Orca to put down the kit it doesnt want to locate the HAP so i can't click on it to deploy for some reason. I tried to deploy it on Light Water side which didn't work and then i tried going through the HAP with my Orca and deploy it on the other side, didn't work either. There was a pirate station on the other side that i destroyed, could that be why im stuck now?

EDIT 2: Found another HAP again with it showing activated and unclaimed and again i can't build the accelerator. This time on the other end there was no stations or anything, just some Xenon ships which i killed. Im really baffled by why is this not working.

Do both sides have to be unknown sectors in order to build the accelerator or just the one on the other side?

EDIT 3: Found yet another HAP and again its showing as activated and unclaimed but yet again i can't put down an accelerator. At this point im wandering if it's not bugged or what im doing wrong?
first you need to find agent where you can use your discovery points to claim the HSAP-claim it yours-
second build TOA like a station with Trans-Orbital Accelerator Construction Kit in your own TL
And it is done

tjoekie1968
x3tc

Post by tjoekie1968 » Mon, 10. May 21, 20:15

I have another problem with this.
After building the TOA the game freezes within minutes
I am not sure what is causing this.

LoGyMW

Post by LoGyMW » Mon, 10. May 21, 20:43

tjoekie1968 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 19:29
first you need to find agent where you can use your discovery points to claim the HSAP-claim it yours-
second build TOA like a station with Trans-Orbital Accelerator Construction Kit in your own TL
And it is done
Ok i managed to find one of those, now i can build accelerators. Now the problem is, once i build one and go into the system, place down my trade station and claim the sector, the game will freeze up after a few minutes, even if im just sitting idle at a station. I would like to build more there but now my game keeps freezing all the time. I built an accelerator in Nathan's Voyage btw if that helps. This feature must be bugged or something because my game was never freezing before i claimed this sector.

EDIT: I decided to reload and try to build in different sector, this time i went for Harmony of Perpetuity and after 5 or so minutes the game froze again. So i tried a third sector, again the game froze after 5 mins.
I think i will have to give up on this feature for now, it seems like its bugged? As soon as i start building accelerators the game starts freezing so im thinking better avoid this until its fixed...

tjoekie1968
x3tc

Post by tjoekie1968 » Tue, 11. May 21, 02:00

ah good to know that it is not my system, I have the same problem.
the same like using complex planner the game will freeze in 10 minutes.
eheheh keeping my sanity. :-)

mallard
x4

Post by mallard » Fri, 28. May 21, 15:52

tjoekie1968 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 19:29
LoGyMW wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 01:43
Cycrow wrote:

And it is done
Where did you find the trans orbital accelerator construction kit. I thought I was going to be stuck building it at my hub. 2000 microchips is going to take a very long time to gather

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 29. May 21, 06:40

mallard wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 15:52
Where did you find the trans orbital accelerator construction kit. I thought I was going to be stuck building it at my hub. 2000 microchips is going to take a very long time to gather
I dont usually build factories/ complexes in my playthroughs. But this time around, I built a Microchip and a Quantum Tubes fab to feed the HQ. They are the most needed material and not easy to come by in a war torn universe where factions kill trader ships.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Kalah

Post by Kalah » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 21:01

LoGyMW wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 01:14
How does one do it? I have found my first new system that needs accelerator built to fully access it, found the jump point, went through it, explored the other side and went back yet i don't get an option to build one? I asked the Explorers representative that im ready to build a new accelerator but he keeps telling me i need to open up the jump point first, which i did but it does nothing. Do i actually have to buy blueprints for the accelerator or something from somewhere im not finding? And no new mission popped up in my log for building the accelerator either so i get no directions on how i go about building it
So, you have to:
- Find the Hyperspace Access Point (HAP) and place Relay Beacons around it.
- Click "activate" when you're next to it, to test it and go through to the connected sector. Then go back by activating the one were you end up.
- Go to a station and tell the Explorers Guild that you want to built a Transorbital Accelerator (TOA) + Pay their fee and designate where you want it.
- Build the TOA at your HQ (takes a long time, lots of resources needed; building your own Chip Plant recommended).
- The HAP should now be active, and owned by you, because you placed the beacons and told the guild that you wanted it.
- Transport the finished TOA in your TL, to the Hyperspace Access Point designated earlier (you will not be possible to build at others).
- In your TL, go to Freight and simply release the TOA. You will get a prompt asking where to build it. Build it on the HAP.

The Accelerator is now ready for use.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 31. Jul 21, 05:42

Will doing that trigger the Terran plot? I'm still at the point when I've finished the hub and hoping to find the right mission at one of the explorer guild reps.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”