[BUG?] Unreachable crate in Split Fire

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

dony93
x3tc

[BUG?] Unreachable crate in Split Fire

Post by dony93 » Tue, 11. May 21, 11:17

Hi everyone, in my game there's an unreachable crate/item in Split Fire. I can't get close to it because if I try I get destroyed by the planet's atmosphere. Is it intended or a bug? Thanks!

fireanddream
xr

Re: [BUG?] Unreachable crate in Split Fire

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 11. May 21, 11:20

Split Fire's planet is surprisingly close. I found this out by setting up my homebase at SF in AP. You may try to do everything OOS, by remotely putting a satellite nearby and have a ship remotely claim the crate.

dony93
x3tc

Post by dony93 » Tue, 11. May 21, 11:39

Thanks! I tried to send there a Kestrel OOS but I didn't think about the satellite. I'll try this way!

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Tue, 11. May 21, 11:43

Ive managed to collect it while piloting
The trick was when you hear "Entering Atmosphere" turn around and move towards the centre oddly enough the crate moved abit towards the centre lol

bergi9
x3tc

Post by bergi9 » Tue, 11. May 21, 13:39

I was trying with my Nemesis M6 ship then gave up. Later i tried with Hermes TP ship and could collect it. So I assume the ship size depends how the atmosphere pressure affects the ship.

Zanadu

Post by Zanadu » Wed, 12. May 21, 23:19

I can't get the rudder optimization that spawned for me at all, it's at 48500, 7000, 45700. I was able to see what it was with the OOS satellite trick but not able to actually pick it up.

I would say just strike this sector out of ones that can spawn random discovery locations.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Thu, 13. May 21, 00:31

Same issue here but in Rhy's Desire (it's both a journal page and a toucan):

Save (just jump to Rhy's Desire east gate and try flying to the ship and journal page) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14m6Md5 ... sp=sharing
Screenshots:

jin ko82
x3tc

Post by jin ko82 » Thu, 13. May 21, 03:13

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 00:31
Same issue here but in Rhy's Desire (it's both a journal page and a toucan):

Save (just jump to Rhy's Desire east gate and try flying to the ship and journal page) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14m6Md5 ... sp=sharing
Screenshots:
that ship is unclaimable per the dev who made that. it was supposed to be a side quest but they published the game before he could finish it
this forum is hard to navigate

dony93
x3tc

Post by dony93 » Thu, 13. May 21, 08:04

Spoiler
Show
I found the Toucan, I think there is a quest related. Did the Devs say they didn't implement it?
Back to the topic, not being able to get this crate is unfortunate because, according to what I read, no new crates spawn until you get all the initial ones. If you can't get this, you can't get new ones :(

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 13. May 21, 19:45

dony93 wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 08:04
Spoiler
Show
I found the Toucan, I think there is a quest related. Did the Devs say they didn't implement it?
Back to the topic, not being able to get this crate is unfortunate because, according to what I read, no new crates spawn until you get all the initial ones. If you can't get this, you can't get new ones :(
Did you try to collect it OOS?

Can we destroy carts? Why not launch a long range missile and try to blow it? Just exploring options here, Im not even sure whether they will work :)

Update: Cant destroy crates. They are invulnerable. Still can collect them OOS. Try it out and let us know.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 13. May 21, 20:41

Tried your save game. Failed all aforementioned options. Tried many ships, Kestral got about 7 km close to the journal page, everything else died even before reaching 10 km mark.
This is definitely a bug. As stated above, if this sector can be blacklisted from spawning crates, would fix the issue. Still I have no idea how you are going to collect this. Im sorry. :cry:
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

dony93
x3tc

Post by dony93 » Thu, 13. May 21, 22:34

Failed to collect the crate too. I've been able to find it using a satellite OOS, but my ships can't collect it. Definitely a bug, yes.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 14. May 21, 11:36

Klord wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 19:45
dony93 wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 08:04
Spoiler
Show
Did you try to collect it OOS?

Can we destroy carts? Why not launch a long range missile and try to blow it? Just exploring options here, Im not even sure whether they will work :)

Update: Cant destroy crates. They are invulnerable. Still can collect them OOS. Try it out and let us know.
I can collect it in OOS, but the collected page won't count toward my achievements.

I think blacklisting the sector won't work in the long run. What about existing games? I suggested relocating the items to a safer position in the sector that's away from the planet by checking if the item has taken damage IS from the planet.

dony93
x3tc

Post by dony93 » Fri, 14. May 21, 11:46

This issue has to be solved or it will ruin the whole exploration aspect of the game. If you can't get new items until you get all the existing ones it's really a bothersome bug. In my case it's a Discovery and it looks like it can't be collected OOS.

tjoekie1968
x3tc

Post by tjoekie1968 » Fri, 14. May 21, 13:39

Klord wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 20:41
Tried your save game. Failed all aforementioned options. Tried many ships, Kestral got about 7 km close to the journal page, everything else died even before reaching 10 km mark.
This is definitely a bug. As stated above, if this sector can be blacklisted from spawning crates, would fix the issue. Still I have no idea how you are going to collect this. Im sorry. :cry:
Where is Apricot. We need his beam to suck the ct=rate in :lol: :lol: :lol:

ex-deathevn

Post by ex-deathevn » Fri, 14. May 21, 14:36

Have yet to identify my crate, but it too is stuck in Split Fire, -way- below the Atmosphere warning point. And if it's the last Journal Page I need for the achievement then I'm definitely stuck. I tried planet-diving towards it in a Caravel with Turbo Booster (I don't have anything more solid with decent speed) but it was still only at 1-bar LFL scanning range.

I've included my save file if that's of any help - I'm not using the Beta and have no knowledge on the scripting aspect of X3 to do anything about it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtyft9rwvpc761v/X07.sav?dl=0

EDIT: As an aside, just tried dumping a satellite in the relative area OOS and it sent a Destroyed message when I went back IS. Planets have an ID it seems (Screenshot).

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Thu, 27. May 21, 19:20

In this post i wrote how to reach such crate
viewtopic.php?f=199&t=439340

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 11:57