Profitability of the starting BoFu station.

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

maxolina
x4

Profitability of the starting BoFu station.

Post by maxolina » Wed, 12. May 21, 12:54

How well is your station doing?

Mine is making money but not very quickly. https://i.imgur.com/ERfhY3O.png https://i.imgur.com/ovNe61X.png (I have set it to transfer me any money above 200k)

It has one dedicated TS, selling price is set to 2 below average (290) while bogas buying price I had to set quite high 465 (average would be 380) because there's only the two bogas stations to the south and they never get a lot of stock.

What can I do to improve profitabiity without spending too much capital? Since the station only made me 800k so far since game start, while some dolphin sectors traders with +1/+2 range (I prefer that to UTs) have made me 3-4mil each in about the same time.
lol

chip56

Re: Profitability of the starting BoFu station.

Post by chip56 » Wed, 12. May 21, 13:11

You could ensure that the Bogas factories are well fed with ressources. In that case they should be able to actually supply your station for a cheaper price. Also you would make some money from feeding them. however that would require transporters to fed them.
Also you should be able to increase your selling price and still manage to sell everything, so that would be more income too.

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Wed, 12. May 21, 13:14

I buy energy cells at 12, bogas at 400 (until I buy a station for that) and sell at 393 with no issues of being unable to find a buyer

I'm not sure about the bogas price, maybe I could lower it more, but since I'm not close to the supplier and I plan to become independent, I wonder if it really is good for me.
Another thing to consider is that there may be a disadvantage from changing the hub gates to connect void alpha and boron sectors, since there could be an influx of suppliers from there.
Same thing about building your own bogas station: before it, you would buy all the production that you can find and leave the competitor with a very low amount available, but with your own bogas, he will have a steady low price supply.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 12. May 21, 16:24

Andrea92 wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 13:14
Same thing about building your own bogas station: before it, you would buy all the production that you can find and leave the competitor with a very low amount available, but with your own bogas, he will have a steady low price supply.
Not if you set your BoGas fab to disallow trade with other factions.. ;)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

maxolina
x4

Post by maxolina » Wed, 12. May 21, 16:29

chip56 wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 13:11
You could ensure that the Bogas factories are well fed with ressources. In that case they should be able to actually supply your station for a cheaper price. Also you would make some money from feeding them. however that would require transporters to fed them.
Also you should be able to increase your selling price and still manage to sell everything, so that would be more income too.
I have a sector trader in the void zone which should be supplying everything with anything they need. Maybe he's sabotaging me by selling the bogas to the boron bofu station before my own bofu station can buy it... Is there a way to blacklist a specific station?
lol

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Wed, 12. May 21, 16:55

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 16:24
Andrea92 wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 13:14
Not if you set your BoGas fab to disallow trade with other factions.. ;)
It's not about you selling to competitors, it's about you not buying anymore the bogas that now goes to competitors

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Wed, 12. May 21, 16:57

maxolina wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 16:29
I have a sector trader in the void zone which should be supplying everything with anything they need. Maybe he's sabotaging me by selling the bogas to the boron bofu station before my own bofu station can buy it... Is there a way to blacklist a specific station?
I paused from playing until the patch comes out from beta so I can't really tell you

Aven Valkyr
x3ap

Post by Aven Valkyr » Wed, 12. May 21, 17:34

It's not a very profitable station. Just like any other sector in the game. What you need is infrastructure and that requires a HUGE amount of babysitting. Welcome to X3. What I recommend is dropping down a couple silicon mines, building them into a silicon/crystal fab/solar plant. And opening the whole works up to the market.
Spoiler
Show
Once you get the permanent gate opened up back down to the void sectores, you should have a fair amount of traffic in there
This game is all about taking empty sectors and turning them into a hustle. Wherever you have ores, you have opportunity. You shouldn't just focus on the void sectirs either. Technically, the game wants you to spread your empire all around. Of course, if you're playing the storyline well, you have to take expand in increments and when things become available.

My only gripe about this game is that the entire void area should be "unknown sectors" since well, that's exactly what they are. And there should be just a wee bit more for raw resources. But that's all stuff that can be modded in and Ia thinking of doing it up

Ilikethis

Post by Ilikethis » Wed, 12. May 21, 19:56

The BoFu station is basically Boron's scam. It's not really fair for your HQ to be stuck in Boron space either.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Wed, 12. May 21, 20:02

I asigned my dolphin on it to grab Ecells at 14cr and the plants at normal price to sell bofu for 375cr. It was quite profitable until i could buy my TL and move the PHQ. Of course it's not the most profitable factory in the universe but it completely free and do the stuff. It gave me a few millions and with the dolphin used by the station manager i shortcut all the others bofu stations around lol.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 12. May 21, 20:15

maxolina wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 12:54

Mine is making money but not very quickly. https://i.imgur.com/ERfhY3O.png https://i.imgur.com/ovNe61X.png (I have set it to transfer me any money above 200k)

It has one dedicated TS, selling price is set to 2 below average (290) while bogas buying price I had to set quite high 465 (average would be 380) because there's only the two bogas stations to the south and they never get a lot of stock.

What can I do to improve profitabiity without spending too much capital? Since the station only made me 800k so far since game start, while some dolphin sectors traders with +1/+2 range (I prefer that to UTs) have made me 3-4mil each in about the same time.
Ignore the Bofu station. Its a terrible place for it and a waste of time.
1) Bofu isnt in high demand in the void. There are just 3 stations in the void that buy it to higher than average price, and one trade dock. Even worse - there already is a Large BoFu factory
2) Energy is the limiting factor in this area, the only reason stations have demand is because at least one one part in the material chain lacks energy and therefore cant deliver its wares to consumers. 2 Bogas factories are way more than necessary, but they always lack energy.
3) There are lots of traders for only few stations in the area -> you have to be fast to get good deals.
4) Slightly cheaper than average Bogas is apparently immediately gobbeled up by greedy NPC traders to trade at the research station - look at the map, there are tons of food transporters flying around, way too much for these few stations in the void. I tried to get it cheap 3 times in a row, by supplying the factories with Energy - always some npc snatched it before i could get back to it.

5) due to low demand and high trader count, your single freighter will sit idle for the majority of time, sometimes even not getting the deal in time.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Thu, 13. May 21, 12:46

Ilikethis wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 19:56
The BoFu station is basically Boron's scam. It's not really fair for your HQ to be stuck in Boron space either.
you can move it

Andrea92

Post by Andrea92 » Thu, 13. May 21, 12:49

Killjaeden wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 20:15
maxolina wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 12:54

Ignore the Bofu station. Its a terrible place for it and a waste of time.
1) Bofu isnt in high demand in the void. There are just 3 stations in the void that buy it to higher than average price, and one trade dock. Even worse - there already is a Large BoFu factory
2) Energy is the limiting factor in this area, the only reason stations have demand is because at least one one part in the material chain lacks energy and therefore cant deliver its wares to consumers. 2 Bogas factories are way more than necessary, but they always lack energy.
3) There are lots of traders for only few stations in the area -> you have to be fast to get good deals.
4) Slightly cheaper than average Bogas is apparently immediately gobbeled up by greedy NPC traders to trade at the research station - look at the map, there are tons of food transporters flying around, way too much for these few stations in the void. I tried to get it cheap 3 times in a row, by supplying the factories with Energy - always some npc snatched it before i could get back to it.

5) due to low demand and high trader count, your single freighter will sit idle for the majority of time, sometimes even not getting the deal in time.
not sure why for you it's so bad, I keep selling at max price while buying cells ad the lowest price and bogas at mid price. I never have to do anything to manage it. I really don't understand why you have that impression

Ilikethis

Post by Ilikethis » Thu, 13. May 21, 19:25

Andrea92 wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 12:46
you can move it
For what cost?

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 13. May 21, 19:35

Ilikethis wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 19:25
Andrea92 wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 12:46
you can move it
For what cost?
You have to have your own TL equipped with Build Command MK2. You can unpack any station including HQ (except Hub) and move them anywhere. Its a nifty feature.
You dont like where you placed your station? Move it.
You dont like your sector? Move from it. :D
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”