Argon Titan became hostile after ship claiming

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

cheef.che
x4

Argon Titan became hostile after ship claiming

Post by cheef.che » Wed, 12. May 21, 22:39

After I claimed "Athena Armoured Transporter" nearest "Argon Military Titan" became hostile. I don't have any clues why it's happened. However before Duke's pilot leaved the ship it was attacked by Titan with a torpedo.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwa3k9qf9ydnsxa/X08.sav?dl=0
Game version: 1.1

Fulgrymm
x4

Re: Argon Titan became hostile after ship claiming

Post by Fulgrymm » Wed, 12. May 21, 22:52

Does it have any illegal cargo on board?

cheef.che
x4

Post by cheef.che » Wed, 12. May 21, 23:05

Fulgrymm wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 22:52
Does it have any illegal cargo on board?
only if energy cells are illegal :D

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Wed, 12. May 21, 23:14

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall there being a bug whereby if a ship was hostile towards a faction before being abandoned, then hostilities would remain even after claiming. That could be what's happening here.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 13. May 21, 04:03

Maybe it has an illegal software installed?
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 13. May 21, 04:17

I suspect it's what Fulgrymm describes above. When you claim a bailed ship which was hostile to a military or police unit in the sector, sometimes military/police units become hostile and try to destroy it. This was standard in AP and I've run into it in FL too. The hostile units don't generally attack other ships belonging to you, but go straight for the captured ship. Things should fix if you can get it out of the system.

I don't think it could be illegal wares as Titans don't generally work for the local police force in scanning ship cargo. :gruebel:

carolinay
x4

Post by carolinay » Thu, 13. May 21, 09:16

Fulgrymm wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 23:14
Now that I think about it, I seem to recall there being a bug whereby if a ship was hostile towards a faction before being abandoned, then hostilities would remain even after claiming. That could be what's happening here.
Yes, I remember this from X3AP. Maybe this was carried over.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Thu, 13. May 21, 09:26

It is carried over. You can see it quite often if you defend a station vs pirates.

You get a couple ships to bail. Everthing is calm.
You claim a ship and suddenly the whole navy decides to attack that ship and because they are now hostile everything else you own too.
Pretty annoying when you manage to get a bomber to bail and then when you claim it a dozen torpedos get launched and destroy millions worth of loot :(

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 13. May 21, 10:58

This was a problem in the mayhem mod too i talked to Joubarbe about it, and he said something like that he dismantled the whole game to build it up from scratch and that bug was still there.
Credence follow stars.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 13. May 21, 16:46

I think ships like this Titan are running the same 'police' script that you trigger when you commit an illegal action - an override to normal relations which is targeted at the offending ship's ID number. It appears that the police script stays locked on the ID and doesn't take ownership changes into account. It's probably getting triggered more often in FL because there are so many factions who are hostile to each other. I always transferred my jump drive to the claimed ship and jumped it to the next sector, then flew to meet it. The police ships calm down when you leave sector.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”