[BUG] Game freezes at exactly the same time

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Combinemaster
x4

[BUG] Game freezes at exactly the same time

Post by Combinemaster » Thu, 13. May 21, 03:43

Hey everyone, getting a freezing issue with my game. It freezes at exactly the same time, save attached. This freeze is happening on both 1.0 and 1.1 RC1 patch. I am using saves from the previous version.

The game freezes a few seconds after: 6-12:20.
This freeze occurs with or without SETA.
Stopping ST's/UT's/Station managers does nothing. Sectors don't matter (freezing in both Profit Center Alpha and PTNI headquarters alpha), I only build a single accelerator (The one in The Void Alpha).
I am currently flying the arrow.

Unsure if it matters but:
GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XY
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core processor

Any help would be appreciated

Save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I33Hse ... sp=sharing

Edited: Save attached! Hopefully it works!
Last edited by Combinemaster on Thu, 13. May 21, 04:08, edited 2 times in total.

Klord
x3ap

Re: [BUG] Game freezes at exactly the same time

Post by Klord » Thu, 13. May 21, 03:46

You can post google drive links here in the forum. :)
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

jin ko82
x3tc

Post by jin ko82 » Thu, 13. May 21, 04:28

lets hope they actually look at this one. many others have posted about this one and not one word about it. im stuck with the same freeze that seems to have no explanation
this forum is hard to navigate

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 13. May 21, 10:11

Be proud! We are one of the select few with the power to permanently stop all war in the X universe!
i.e. me freeze too :|

I'm sure the FL team will get to these in time. Anyone who would put so much effort into FL, then give it away for free, has earned my trust for being a 'good guy'. :)

LoGyMW

Post by LoGyMW » Thu, 13. May 21, 17:23

Combinemaster wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 03:43
Hey everyone, getting a freezing issue with my game. It freezes at exactly the same time, save attached. This freeze is happening on both 1.0 and 1.1 RC1 patch. I am using saves from the previous version.

The game freezes a few seconds after: 6-12:20.
This freeze occurs with or without SETA.
Stopping ST's/UT's/Station managers does nothing. Sectors don't matter (freezing in both Profit Center Alpha and PTNI headquarters alpha), I only build a single accelerator (The one in The Void Alpha).
I am currently flying the arrow.

Unsure if it matters but:
GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XY
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core processor

Any help would be appreciated

Save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I33Hse ... sp=sharing

Edited: Save attached! Hopefully it works!
Did you happen to build an accelerator just before that? If you did then reload a previous save if you have it where you haven't build it yet. It seems there is a bug where if you put down an accelerator in any system the game will freeze after 5 or so minutes after and only way to get past it is to not build accelerators of your own. Accelerators you need to build for plot don't have that issue however. Should be fixed in next patch they said

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. May 21, 23:33

Ok, i have found an fixed the cause of this Freeze (Both Combinemaster and Hwitvlf)

Not sure what update it'll be in yet though

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 14. May 21, 01:24

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 23:33
Ok, i have found an fixed the cause of this Freeze (Both Combinemaster and Hwitvlf)
Way cool 8) Thanks so much!

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Fri, 14. May 21, 03:03

Cycrow wrote:

Perfect! :)

I havent encountered any freezes yet. Purposefully avoided Terran sectors and UTs before the beta patch. Anything that we should be careful of, regarding this "Combinemaster and Hwitvlf"?
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Combinemaster
x4

Post by Combinemaster » Sat, 15. May 21, 03:21

LoGyMW wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 17:23
Did you happen to build an accelerator just before that? If you did then reload a previous save if you have it where you haven't build it yet. It seems there is a bug where if you put down an accelerator in any system the game will freeze after 5 or so minutes after and only way to get past it is to not build accelerators of your own. Accelerators you need to build for plot don't have that issue however. Should be fixed in next patch they said
Nope, I held off on building accelerators till I gain a bit more money/ships. It's been 5 in-game days since I build a accelerator needed for a plot mission!
Cycrow wrote:

Sweet! Thank you for fixing this, can't wait for the update that will include this!

danielr
x3ap

Post by danielr » Sat, 15. May 21, 09:40

I've just got a crash as well that seems to happen at the same time on 1.0 or 1.1.
A previous save (30 minutes earlier) doesn't crash and the main thing I did between those was
Spoiler
Show
exploring the south Paranid sectors and accepting the plot from the Exploreres Guild for 250000 discovery points
Not sure if it's any further help but here are the saves anyway: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ykisfmi ... e.zip/file(The 4th savegame will crash after a few minutes of Seta, usually while I'm scanning all the asteroids in the next sector)

Edit: Yeah the previous save (03) freezes as well now after running a while with Seta, not sure what's happening. I did run the save (02) before the 2 saves (in the zip) overnight and it did not freeze So I assumed what I did between might be causing it.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. May 21, 12:17

danielr wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 09:40
I've just got a crash as well that seems to happen at the same time on 1.0 or 1.1.
A previous save (30 minutes earlier) doesn't crash and the main thing I did between those was
Spoiler
Show
exploring the south Paranid sectors and accepting the plot from the Exploreres Guild for 250000 discovery points
Not sure if it's any further help but here are the saves anyway: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ykisfmi ... e.zip/file(The 4th savegame will crash after a few minutes of Seta, usually while I'm scanning all the asteroids in the next sector)

Edit: Yeah the previous save (03) freezes as well now after running a while with Seta, not sure what's happening. I did run the save (02) before the 2 saves (in the zip) overnight and it did not freeze So I assumed what I did between might be causing it.
ITs the same issue as the other 2, so will be fixed at the same time.
its not something you did.
its an issue with some NPC ships trying to fly to the otherside of a HSAP and getting stuck in a loop

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 19. May 21, 20:09

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 12:17
ITs the same issue as the other 2, so will be fixed at the same time. its not something you did. its an issue with some NPC ships trying to fly to the otherside of a HSAP and getting stuck in a loop
This brought to mind one of the funnier bugs I've run into- I think it was caused by a mod. When you were OOS and gave a command for the sector where the Aran was: 'all ships in sector' > 'dock at the Aran', the Aran docked at itself and disappeared. :o

Since I don't have access to the updates because I'm a GOG user, I wonder if I could load an earlier FL game and try to find the NPC ship heading for the HSAP and destroy it to avoid the freeze.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”