Boron are red even if im friendly with them.

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Omni-Orb
x4

Boron are red even if im friendly with them.

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 13. May 21, 05:37

Two issues i think. One is that i was 60% "confirmed" enemy of the borons and used an agent with 600 influence to get from enemy to 18% boron knight of the kingdom which is quite a jump.
The second is that the boron are red to me. According to global friend foe settings they are my enemy, and even if i change it manually some boron are still red to me.
If i turn off the global "show as enemy if enemy to me" setting and put them on friendly its all fine.
Here is the save: https://file.io/OEkUuMUm9tEF
Credence follow stars.

BaZERGer
x4

Re: Boron are red even if im friendly with them.

Post by BaZERGer » Thu, 13. May 21, 07:30

It's a general problem, if you've been negative with anyone once, a large part of the ships will just stay hostile to you, and part will not even allow you to talk to them to go neutral again. Some even trigger others to go hostile due to being hostile, have a sector with 2 defense platforms where one of them, and it's nearby ships, are hostile, and cannot be made neutral, the other platform can, but instantly switches to hostile again afterwards.

With the concept of dynamic relations, maybe this shouldn't be a thing happening, that ships stay hostile like that forever.

Edit: Seems blacklisting the sectors, keeping my automatic traders out for a while, allowed most of them to calm down, and the remaining so far have allowed me to talk to make them neutral.
Last edited by BaZERGer on Thu, 13. May 21, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 13. May 21, 10:59

They dont seem to be hostile even if they are red, i cant apologize to them but i can talk to them normally
Credence follow stars.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. May 21, 11:17

Try going into your global command console and make sure boron is set to friend. Them broadcast to all reachable properties to apply those settings to all your ships

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Thu, 13. May 21, 13:23

I understand what you are saying. And going into "advanced-global commands" and changing friend foe to friendly with the borons fixed it for me. Thank you for the fix, sometimes i forget how complex the x series is even with thousands of hours in it i still learn something new
Credence follow stars.

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Sat, 15. May 21, 14:41

Not sure if it's the same issue, but I'm 40 hours into the game and friend with the Paranid since the beginning, however I just discovered that one of their Equipment Dock and the associated lasertower are red to me (in Paranid Prime Alpha if that helps). All other Paranid stations and ships in the sector and outside are blue.

Anything I can do to turn it back to friendly?
:boron: Blub?

shameless creature
x3ap

Post by shameless creature » Sat, 15. May 21, 14:58

You can turn the station friendly by hacking it, either by sending an agent or by finding a lightbulb mission in a nearby sector. The lasertower may or may not turn friendly along with the station. If it doesn't, just crash into it with a capital ship (M7 or larger).

Jotax

Post by Jotax » Sun, 16. May 21, 12:37

Have this issue too... All factions appears red even having good rep and set as friend in global options...
Do you know if this bug will be fix in the next update??

Drone_101
x4

Post by Drone_101 » Sun, 16. May 21, 14:51

Had this problem on one of my M6s in 1.0. For some reason the ships own Friend of Foe tracking had the Split set as Enemies, even though I'd never been hostile to them nor changed this setting myself. Toggling it for that specific ship fixed it. Still gave me a heart attack where for a moment thought my factories in Family Rhy were about to get goomba stomped by the police :-D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”