Station Manager Problem - improvements in upcoming update (1.2)

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Klord
x3ap

Station Manager Problem - improvements in upcoming update (1.2)

Post by Klord » Thu, 13. May 21, 12:35

So I assigned a ship to station manager and I can no longer control it. Its just running around in the unclaimed sector adjacent to Legends home collecting wares from blown ships. Meanwhile Xenons keep popping out from the gate (GoD only knows how they managed to evade OTAS military) trying to kill the dude.

I have no controls with the ship. Because command console is disabled. How can I get my ship back?

Also, I cant seem to find CAG command. Has it been removed? Couldn't find CLS software too.

Update:
Destroyed every little crate in the sector and finally he returned home. Only then I was able to give command/ access the command console. Is this a bug?
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

tjoekie1968
x3tc

Re: Station Manager Problem

Post by tjoekie1968 » Thu, 13. May 21, 14:08

Klord wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 12:35
So I assigned a ship to station manager and I can no longer control it. Its just running around in the unclaimed sector adjacent to Legends home collecting wares from blown ships. Meanwhile Xenons keep popping out from the gate (GoD only knows how they managed to evade OTAS military) trying to kill the dude.

I have no controls with the ship. Because command console is disabled. How can I get my ship back?

Also, I cant seem to find CAG command. Has it been removed? Couldn't find CLS software too.

Update:
Destroyed every little crate in the sector and finally he returned home. Only then I was able to give command/ access the command console. Is this a bug?
I changed in empire setting the blacklist and entered the sector as "avid or Blocked"and station manager dont send any ships in.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 13. May 21, 15:04

Klord wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 12:35
CAG & CLS software functionality has been replaced by the Station Manager's configuration abilities. You can't use the old Bonus Pack scripts in FL
If the managed ship is stuck in a hostile area with no method to exit or friendly station to land on, you will have to manually eliminate/pacify those hostiles
before it can go anywhere. If you set its SM settings to 'None' from its home station, control will return to you as soon as it lands
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 13. May 21, 16:13

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 15:04
If the managed ship is stuck in a hostile area with no method to exit or friendly station to land on, you will have to manually eliminate/pacify those hostiles
before it can go anywhere. If you set its SM settings to 'None' from its home station, control will return to you as soon as it lands
How can I do this? Can you please elaborate...

My issue is, I cant control the trader ship unless he is docked. How can we even issue a jump out command when he is getting attacked if we dont have access to command console?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. May 21, 16:14

You cannot control ships under the station managers control.

You need to let the station manager handle it instead

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 13. May 21, 16:31

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 16:14
You cannot control ships under the station managers control.

You need to let the station manager handle it instead
So if he got attacked in a sector without jump gates, all we can do is, watch it die? Is there anyway I can improve the survivability of station supply ships other than using expensive armored transports?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 13. May 21, 17:35

Klord wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 16:13
Snafu_X3 wrote:
If you set its SM settings to 'None' from its home station, control will return to you as soon as it lands
How can I do this? Can you please elaborate...
Go to the ship's homebase, look in Command Console|Station Commands|Station Manager Restrictions & look at the ship's settings. Auto will do all tasks the ship is capable of (including scavenging); Trade will trade only, & None will return the ship to your control the next time it lands
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 13. May 21, 17:39

I see. Thank you for the information. :)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 13. May 21, 20:15

You're welcome :)

patirce

Post by patirce » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 15:28

Snafu_X3 wrote:
CAG & CLS software functionality has been replaced by the Station Manager's configuration abilities. You can't use the old Bonus Pack scripts in FL
Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute, there is no CAG/CLS in FL ?

Then how do you automate the refueling/resupplying of a TL ship ?

EDIT : last I played was X3AP several years ago, and I remember CLS being the best upgrade ever to X3. Being able to setup waypoints to freighters, automating freight exchanges, buying/selling with specific conditions, etc...
There is none of it in FL ?

EDIT2 : found the old topic explaining how to use Commodity Logistics to refuel TLs, for reference about what I'm talking about : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=285650

Thandrall
x4

Post by Thandrall » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 17:42

patirce wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 15:28
Snafu_X3 wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute, there is no CAG/CLS in FL ?

Then how do you automate the refueling/resupplying of a TL ship ?

EDIT : last I played was X3AP several years ago, and I remember CLS being the best upgrade ever to X3. Being able to setup waypoints to freighters, automating freight exchanges, buying/selling with specific conditions, etc...
There is none of it in FL ?

EDIT2 : found the old topic explaining how to use Commodity Logistics to refuel TLs, for reference about what I'm talking about : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=285650
That stuff is now under the Supply Command Software

patirce

Post by patirce » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 19:20

That's not the same at all, and Supply Command Software was already around in AP.
With CLS, you could set it so whenever your TL was under a certain level of energy cells, it would trigger M3s docked on it to take off, go buy Ecells, come back unload on TL, and repeat the process until TL's Ecells level was what you wanted, then dock back on it.
I hardly see how I can get Supply Command Software to do that.

And that's just one of the MILLION exemples of super sophisticated things you could do with Commodity Logistics.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 20:06

Thandrall wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 17:42
That stuff is now under the Supply Command Software
I agree with the usefulness of CLS. Missing it badly. Sattion manager wont work on ships. But CLS did which was very helpful for players who run mobile bases.
On top of that, supply command software is bugged as at now.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 21:15

For moving wares between stations and ships, you need to use the Trade Distribution run command instead.

however, like some of the other trade command, it currently doesn't work correctly with complexes, this will be fixed in 1.2

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”