Difference between Steal and Aquire? - answered

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

bounty_hunter66
x4

Difference between Steal and Aquire? - answered

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Thu, 13. May 21, 13:27

Hello,

What is the difference between Acquire Equipment/Station Blueprints and Steal Equipment/Station blueprints?

Thanks.

kajanov
x4

Re: Difference between Steal and Aquire?

Post by kajanov » Thu, 13. May 21, 14:28

Acquire = you negotiate with the target to buy the blueprint for a piece of equipment. No significant repercussions failure (only the influence AFAIK)
Steal = attempt to steal a blueprint for a piece of equipment from a target (don't have to pay for it.)
Spoiler
Show
repercussions on failure may include loss of reputation/death of agent form what I've heard/read there may be others and don't know if there are repercussions on success

chip56

Post by chip56 » Thu, 13. May 21, 20:04

kajanov wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 14:28
Spoiler
Show
repercussions on failure may include loss of reputation/death of agent form what I've heard/read there may be others and don't know if there are repercussions on success
Spoiler
Show
From what i have seen sucess means you get it for free with no penalty at all since your agent managed to stay undetected. Normal failure also means only wasted agents and influence. The critical failures are the problematic ones. However if you only use agents with 2 actions left you dont really care if they get caught since they would have 0 agents left anyway.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Thu, 13. May 21, 20:45

Thank You :D

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”