Friend & Foo settings

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

tjoekie1968
x3tc

Friend & Foo settings

Post by tjoekie1968 » Thu, 13. May 21, 13:52

Okay. Split are hostile to me and I am working my *&^% off to get better standings but :lol: my patrol-fleet is killing split in other sectors :mrgreen:
I have global set to friend but patrol fleets keep killing them, which makes Split more angry and hostile to me. In the end I am at war with split.
Question is it possible to make patrol sectors make somewhat smarter?
eheheh need ratar station from Split :P :roll:

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Friend & Foo settings

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 13. May 21, 15:09

For the Rastar station you should check docks to see if you can get the b/p with Disco Points: it does turn up randomly

To stop the retaliation attrition spiral of your patrol fleets, move them out of sector for a bit to let things calm down, work your rep back up, then experiment by only moving some of their ships back to check none of the existing Split are still angry at you
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

jin ko82
x3tc

Post by jin ko82 » Thu, 13. May 21, 16:30

phew! i thought you were going to say foe for a sec. good thing too because those guys are enemies and foo is slang for a friend
this forum is hard to navigate

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 13. May 21, 16:31

This has always been a problem in x3 because some faction ships remain hostile even after you've become allies with that faction. Patrolling ships and laser towers still attack them. There's a setting at the bottom of each ship's command console to "Show as enemy if enemy to me". If you change that to "No" on your patrolling ships, they should obey your global friend-foe settings instead of attacking anything that's hostile (red).

If one of your ships is directly attacked by a Split, they'll still fight back and the ship's setting will toggle to Split = enemy, so you may need to re-apply the global setting of Split=friend a few times before things have quieted down enough for everyone to stop shooting at each other.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”