Stock Exchange feels incredibly nerfed...

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

bounty_hunter66
x4

Stock Exchange feels incredibly nerfed...

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Thu, 13. May 21, 17:14

Hi,

So I was playing around with the stock market(Company indexes mostly) and I am struggling to find it's usefulness.

Within approximately 5 hours of gametime from when I started to buy the first shares, with a total of about 250 milion invested, I had 2 companies go bankrupt and I lost significantly more money than what I made.

First one with a loss of 15 milion
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 03807E9A0/

Second one I did not get the chance to take a screenshot of the bankrupt message but I had about 30 milion invested and only got back 7. So that's around 22 milion loss(it's the first transaction on the list)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8C738EA51/

Taking into consideration how slow the price moves, how companies change trend making it' pointless to try to learn the pattern, and with a strong possibility of the company going bankrupt, It just feels extremely nerfed and it feels more like a lottery than a stock exchange. I know in AP it was a bit on the easy side to make money(not counting the nividium exploit which I see it has been removed now which is good), but damn.....this is ridiculous.

If my assumptions and observations are wrong, then can a dev please provide some in depth details on how exactly it works now? What is the strategy to use the stock exchange?

Thanks.
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 13. May 21, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Gryoz
x4

Re: Stock Exchange feels incredibly nerfed...

Post by Gryoz » Thu, 13. May 21, 17:22

Seemed this way to me too, only lost money on company stocks so staying away from those for now. As for ware-based stock exchanges I thought they were based on occurrence of the ware in the systems, but when i placed new stations to increase the demand for energy cells, the supply increased by the same amount.

cheef.che
x4

Post by cheef.che » Thu, 13. May 21, 18:06

Actually investments always should be a risky, it's fair. But, there are no possibilities (in comparing with real life) to affect those companies, which is not fair.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Thu, 13. May 21, 18:10

cheef.che wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 18:06
Actually investments always should be a risky, it's fair. But, there are no possibilities (in comparing with real life) to affect those companies, which is not fair.
In real life you can do your research on a company and study trends and make a reliable profit. Here you can't

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Thu, 13. May 21, 18:20

After 14 hours...another bankruptcy
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 594BB9F03/

I was not able to sell anything with a net profit since last bankruptcy since all my trades are in the red.

Still think this is balanced?
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 13. May 21, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Argent Valcendre

Post by Argent Valcendre » Fri, 14. May 21, 07:53

I haven‘t used the stock markets.

From X3 Albon Prelude, I know that the gains and losses of the stock markets are linked to the local economy. While exploring the Univers of Farnham‘s Legacy, it seems to me that the economy is broken almost everywhere. There are empty stocks in every Trading station, Equipment dock, Pirate bases all over the place. The factories are often missing a ressource and don‘t produce.

Could this be the reason, why the stock markets are not giving any profitsss?

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Fri, 14. May 21, 10:26

The ware market maybe. But I don't think the state of the economy matters for the Company Indexes(which I used for testing). The risk/reward is not balanced. You gain too little and stand to lose too much.

Spartan
x4

Post by Spartan » Fri, 14. May 21, 23:03

In my opinion this is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation. Stock Exchange worked good excluding Nividium exploit. Maybe it was too oversimplified, but why should it be completely useless?

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 15. May 21, 01:07

[" so what I am seeing is we cant play this chapter like TC & AP & those build missions aren't what we are used to and waiting for the agent to bring the price down... yes it seems here just a little bit too much is stacked a-gainst the player which as a consequence slows the game down & I am somewhat ok with it. While I dont want things handed to me I dont want to feel as if too much is stacked a-gainst the player. I will keep with the grind but checking in with Explorer's Guild and being offered a blueprint for something I already have a blueprint for... While looking a-round for the blueprint for the EMPC but not finding or being offered it and if I am a spy for Terran then :? :o why is my RR low low low :roll: :wink: and fight missions showing up in Elysium of Light but no response when I choose to speak with whoever has the fight icon next to their name :o whew think I'll lay down"]
[" thank you "]

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 15. May 21, 02:43

phantomrock2 wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 01:07
but checking in with Explorer's Guild and being offered a blueprint for something I already have a blueprint for...
I believe that's being fixed, but just in case:

Did you acquire the 'duplicate' BP thru an Agent mission (acquire/steal tech)? If so, you need to'finalise that mission by paying the (cash) price required in the Diplomacy screen: once done, that BP should no longer be offered for sale.

If you don't want to do that immediately ('cos funds are low), you can improve rep with that faction &/or send another agent on the same 'acquire' mission, which should cost less as: a) you've improved rep; b) you've already successfully completed such a tech-grabbing mission; & c) (I forgot what point c is :)

At least, that's how I understand B/P acquisition /should/ work via agents..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”