My HQ is lost - does it mean a restart?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

blackice7777
x4

My HQ is lost - does it mean a restart?

Post by blackice7777 » Thu, 13. May 21, 18:32

Hello everyone,

I've just lost my HQ and would like to ask a question in topic to developers.
Spoiler
Show
It looks like that the only HQ can produce Relay Beacons to build accelerator and connect blocked parts of the galaxy.
Will it be posible to buy or get somehow new HQ to continue game?

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Re: My HQ is lost - does it mean a restart?

Post by Milite Ignoto » Fri, 14. May 21, 13:03

Pretty sure that you need to load an earlier save. Happened to me with HUB too - no plot armor for these stations, it seems.

Argent Valcendre

Post by Argent Valcendre » Fri, 14. May 21, 15:46

Is it possible to repair the Headquarter or the Hub if completely destroyed?

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Sat, 15. May 21, 01:14

Argent Valcendre wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 15:46
Is it possible to repair the Headquarter or the Hub if completely destroyed?
No, I don't think that it is possible, only a save previous to the problem to revert the game.

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 15. May 21, 18:58

Alternative question,

Is it possible to repair the hub if it got damaged?

I would not like to sit in a space suit firing repair lasers at a station though. Just wondering....
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Sat, 15. May 21, 20:01

Klord wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 18:58
Alternative question,

Is it possible to repair the hub if it got damaged?

I would not like to sit in a space suit firing repair lasers at a station though. Just wondering....
Yes, there are missions for station repairs. I saw them after the split TL decided to crash with my HQ when collecting the bofu station. Repairing the HQ would have cost something like 22mil...

blackice7777
x4

Post by blackice7777 » Mon, 17. May 21, 09:54

Milite Ignoto wrote:
Fri, 14. May 21, 13:03
Pretty sure that you need to load an earlier save. Happened to me with HUB too - no plot armor for these stations, it seems.
Looks like so, but I think such game shouldn't end like this. I have several millions on account and 2 tuned fighters, not a bad for the begining. I used cheat pack and added spacelab station to the central shipyards for all races. It has huge price - 200 millions but I can continue the game and soon will buy it. I would kindly ask developers to make spacelab officially buyable.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 17. May 21, 10:24

We pushed the HQ hit points and shielding rather high to prevent it from being destroyed, short of making it invincible.

MFG

Ketraar

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 17. May 21, 12:20

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 10:24
We pushed the HQ hit points and shielding rather high to prevent it from being destroyed, short of making it invincible.

MFG

Ketraar
If the HQ gets attacked by capital ships that the player cant do anything about (yet), high hitpoints wont help him. Swarms of small ships in addition to capitals can also be problematic, because OOS damage is rather high.
So it would be better to have a contingency to restore the HQ once its been destroyed. It means players have to pay a price, but dont have to restart. If it was fully invincible, it would mean player doesnt have to pay a price for neglecting the HQ.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Mon, 17. May 21, 12:46

About that: what is the reasoning behind HQ positioning? Can it spawn in hostile sectors (Xenon or races hostile to the player)?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 17. May 21, 13:27

Killjaeden wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 12:20
So it would be better to have a contingency to restore the HQ once its been destroyed. It means players have to pay a price, but dont have to restart. If it was fully invincible, it would mean player doesnt have to pay a price for neglecting the HQ.
Its not like we didn't think of it. You being able to get another HQ is not an option, it would break the whole story, might as well make it invincible. Atm there are no plans to change how it is, we could consider pushing shields even more, but its already rather ridiculously high.

MFG

Ketraar

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 17. May 21, 13:45

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 13:27
You being able to get another HQ is not an option, it would break the whole story, might as well make it invincible.
Losing the HQ arguably also breaks the game, as so much of the new gameplay revolves round HQ functions. For something so fundamental to gameplay it should either be un-loosable or replaceable. If replaceable is not an option, then invicibility seems like the better option. As long as ships attack the HQ the player cant use the station effectively anyway, as nothing can dock safely.
[ external image ]
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Meister4000
x3tc

Post by Meister4000 » Mon, 17. May 21, 14:32

I don't know. I think i much more prefer a destructible HQ (and Hub). This way you actually care for your station, it has a value and you need to protect it. So higher shields (especially for Hub, a M6 is able to destroy it easily) seem like a better option for me. Also in sandbox starts you don't have to claim the hub and HQ right away, you can wait till you are strong enough. So you actually have to think and make a strategic decision here.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 17. May 21, 15:19

Meister4000 wrote:
Mon, 17. May 21, 14:32
I don't know. I think i much more prefer a destructible HQ (and Hub). This way you actually care for your station, it has a value and you need to protect it. So higher shields (especially for Hub, a M6 is able to destroy it easily) seem like a better option for me. Also in sandbox starts you don't have to claim the hub and HQ right away, you can wait till you are strong enough. So you actually have to think and make a strategic decision here.
This would be no issue, if you would get the HQ and Hub when you are powerfull. But this is not the case in the plot starts, you get the HQ and HUB in the first few hours of the game, when you have absolutely nothing. As you know, plot start is mandatory before you can do a sandbox start, so everyone has to go through this at least once... And dynamic relations and also random spawning can easily cause a race fleet to either attack HQ or especially the HUB, because it is 6-gate sector with connections to everywhere. Not to mention xenon patrols passing through. Not everyone knows or wants to or is capable of abusing the blind-spot of capital ships to sloooooowly plink them to death.
sandbox starts you don't have to claim the hub and HQ right away
If you knew that your station could get killed you might refrain from that, sure, but i guarantee you 90% of the people wont know or consider this.

I would prefer an option to repair (/replace) the HQ/HUB if it was destroyed. That means if you where not prepared to defend it, you can get it back later at a cost.

Also, whats the point of it having astronomical shield/hull values, when you are finally able to defend it? At that point it is practically "un-loosable" because you have so much time to defend it. Might as well make it invicible so you cant lose it in the early game - if its not possible to provide a repair/replace option. Also, if it was damaged with astronomical high hull - how exactly do you repair it? With repair laser and a month in SETA :lol: ?
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”