[FL-573][Bug]Build Complex not working correctly

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

bounty_hunter66
x4

[FL-573][Bug]Build Complex not working correctly

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Thu, 13. May 21, 22:09

Hello,

I was playing around with the Build Command Software Mk3 and noticed a problem.

It seems the TL buys a surplus of stations each time it builds a complex. It buys more than what is specified in the complex plan that I gave it, and then the stations sit in it's cargo bay.

This was the complex plan(11 stations in total)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... C84112414/

This was the result.(Notice the cargo space for the Mammoth)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7F9BE6A83/

Cargo bay for the Mammoth(after the complex is done)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... DBAE8A2C1/

The transaction report(Notice it bought 13)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 34DC8E2AF/

I used a Custom/Modified game:
-max rep Teladi and NMMC
-all Teladi sectors discovered
-500.000.000 credits
-satelites in all known sectors

The rest of the settings were default I believe.
I also used the Cheat pack installed through X Plugin Manager.

I tested this multiple times. Twice, trying to build in around Seizwell. And once in Argon Prime alpha. Results were always the same. The TL buys 2 unsolicited factories. The first time I tried in Seizwell I did without the Cheat package. Pure vanila.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Re: [Bug]Build Complex not working correctly

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Sat, 15. May 21, 00:00

I also notice the TL does not use it's jumpdrive while running around back and forth from shipyards to the construction site. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

LoGyMW

Re: [Bug]Build Complex not working correctly

Post by LoGyMW » Sun, 16. May 21, 03:39

For me yes he will buy extra stations as well and at some point it can happen that he would get overcrowded so he can't buy new stations and doesn't want to drop any anymore but also there seems to be a bug if you want to build a complex that contains a number of ore or silicon mines in a zone where asteroids are closely packed the TL will just get stuck into a infinite loop of flying around asteroids and not deploying any mines. A temporary fix i have been using to get rid of extra stations in cargo hold was using a cheat script to remove stations from the hold that have already been deployed and then resuming the complex builder. That seems to get it going again, at least for a while until he gets stuck again

cheef.che
x4

TL cannot automatically build complex

Post by cheef.che » Wed, 26. May 21, 08:25

I have the following complex setup:
I've ordered TL to build it and everything was good until it stuck. I've checked his cargo and see that TL bought some factories twice and don't know what to do with that

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/63bs3f2pgwun48n/X07.sav?dl=0

P.S. It's happening for me not first time, previous complex wasn't build to

bounty_hunter66
x4

Re: TL cannot automatically build complex

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Wed, 26. May 21, 09:39

I already reported this issue here viewtopic.php?f=199&t=438701

But it seems it got no acknowledgement from the devs.

cheef.che
x4

Post by cheef.che » Wed, 26. May 21, 10:04

bounty_hunter66 wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 09:39
I already reported this issue here viewtopic.php?f=199&t=438701

But it seems it got no acknowledgement from the devs.
yeah, looks similar to mine, however I don't have modified game, hope this time somebody answers

chip56

Post by chip56 » Wed, 26. May 21, 10:11

Well you aint the only ones having trouble with autobuilding complexes with your own TL.
It works fine for me if i hire one. However if i use my own it gets stuck building mines.

Night_Dragon
x3

Post by Night_Dragon » Wed, 26. May 21, 10:20

Same for me, stuck at building Mines.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Build Complex TL not placing mines

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 26. May 21, 12:57

I'm trying to build a closed-loop complex with my TL and it has the following:
- BoFu factories
- SPP
- Bio Gas
- Chip plant
- Ore/silicon/nividium mines

For placing regular stations, my TL builds just fine. But when it tries to place mines, it just sits at the gate doing nothing. I see it try to "fly to position" but it then reverts to doing nothing. Am I missing anything else for it to place mines?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 26. May 21, 13:02

Night_Dragon wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 10:20
Same issue here.

Afallon_Sk
x4

Post by Afallon_Sk » Wed, 26. May 21, 13:21

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 13:02
Night_Dragon wrote:
Wed, 26. May 21, 10:20
Same issue here.
Same.

Afallon_Sk
x4

Re: Build Complex TL not placing mines

Post by Afallon_Sk » Wed, 26. May 21, 13:24

Same issue here. It refuses to place mines. Probably a bug.

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Wed, 26. May 21, 13:38

It refuses to place mines and also buys duplicate factories that waste money and hold up cargo space.

tigersebel
x3tc

Post by tigersebel » Wed, 26. May 21, 14:11

Can also Confirm. i just tried to build a weapon complex. but my TL refuses to build the mines and has a spare solar power plant in his cargo bay for some reason after it already placed one. even though i only wanted to build one. i think i will just use the service for now

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [FL-573][Bug]Build Complex not working correctly

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 12:04

There will be some improvements to the complex planner in 1.2
and the Build Complex command should start working correctly, including building mines and buying the correct number of stations and extension kits.

This also includes being able to expand an existing complex

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 12:13

Thank you ! :D This is good news!

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 14:54

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 12:04
and the Build Complex command should start working correctly, including building mines and buying the correct number of stations and extension kits.

This also includes being able to expand an existing complex
Fantastic! Thank you for your efforts.

As an aside, any advice for players like me who have a system full of a half-finished megaplex? Will resuming the command/build order in 1.2 be able to resume and complete without issue? Or should I start packing them now
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 14:56

It should resume the order fine

And if its currently running the command it should just start moving again after the update without needing to restart the command

ExE22
x3

Post by ExE22 » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 00:23

Will one of the improvements be a way to specify "sources" for the various stations in a complex build-plan (or maybe this is already possibly and I've just missed it)? For instance I have one of my agents embedded at a shipyard negotiating discounts and would prefer it if my TL used that shipyard to buy as much as possible (even if it's further away), or I have pre-made several of the stations at my HQ and would prefer it if my TL used those instead of buying new ones.

I've seen something like this when selecting "deployment" on the complex-planner, it'll list the shipyard for each individual factory (and even seems to set the HQ as shipyard for those factories I have a blueprint for) but I don't see a way to specify the "discounted" shipyard here and when I order my TL to start building according to the plan it still heads out to a normal shipyard to pick up stations that I have premade and in storage at the HQ.

As it is I'm loading the premade stations onto the TL manually before ordering it to build the complex, which will cause it to use the factories in its cargo-hold instead of buying them at a shipyard. If the complex contains more factories than can be loaded in one go I'll order it back to the HQ after it's done deploying the first batch, load the next and have it resume complex construction, however this micromanagement takes away a lot of the utility in the complex-builder.

Edit: Would also request that the TL use the closest jumpgate to the complex-location when jumping to a sector to deploy stations as part of a complex.

CoffeeBean
x3tc

Post by CoffeeBean » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 01:39

I too seem to face some issues with building complexes even though I do it old school by dropping each station manually and then connecting them afterwards to the hub/docking...

My questions or issues:

1) I have a complex consisting of 9 factories with my 2 TL's parked around 25 KM away. Both TL's have several complex extensions kits left in their cargo. I have dropped 5 new factories next to the existing building complex but none of the TL's are allowed to drop any more complex extensions (greyed out) to connect the dropped factories. I am certain the factories are within range of the complex hub to be connected. Is there a limit somehow to the number of factories you can connect ? Like I said... I am not using the Building Command Software but dropping stations manually from the cargo choosing Build.

2) When ordering the 2 TL's to move to my player headquarter they do not seem to move at all... But it reads 1ms in speed ? Is that because I am still in the same system ? I think I read earlier in posts that people have difficulties making them dock or maneuvre at all if they are in the same system in as the players "observer" ship.

3) Has there been any changes to how far a complex can expand from the hub point or docking compared to AP?

4) Another annoying issue just emerged... It seems I lost mouse flying control also after dropping the stations :(
What is understood - Need not be discussed.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”