Funniest Moments in X3FL

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Funniest Moments in X3FL

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Mon, 31. May 21, 12:53

I have not seen such a topic, yet so I decided to go ahead and create one: Due to some game mechanics in this instalment, some really hilarious things can happen, never before seen in previous games. Here are two of my funniest encounters:
  • This one happened while exploring pirate sectors. I tend to constantly check my property windows as the station manager makes me paranoid :p. While doing so, I heard the hostile warning signal, quickly closed my window and looked around only to see two transport ships starting to duke it out. An Argon and a Paranid transport to be precise, but seeing those two engaged in a dog fight was so stupid I had to laugh out loud. Essentially, they just tried to get their guns to bear on another but never actually managed to do so. All that while firing missiles at each other that barely did damage XD.
  • I have mentioned this one in less detail in another post already, but it's so stupid I have to retell the story: So I wanted to get my hand on the sexiest fighter in the game (Tenjin obviously) and explored Yaki space, but with no luck. Since I was there, I decided to explore the Argon sectors to the north where I found one lone Tenjin flying about attacking an Argon station. I quickly saved and attacked it and on my 1st try made the pilot bail, yay! Another save, just to be sure! So I ordered in my TL Elephant so I can securely dock it for reverse engineering. But shortly after I gave the order to my newly claimed M3+ it exploded. A missile had destroyed it. Great, so I reload. This time I transported into the Tenjin and wanted to fly it away myself, but being badly damaged it could not outrun the frigging Argon military that just jumped into the sector. Third try, spacewalk to the Tenjin, repair it a little, get killed by some capital ship missile, game over. Load again, transfer jumpdrive + Energy cells to Tenjin, order it to jump into the next sector ASAP. But it was destroyed again, ****! The issue was that not only did the military jump into the system, they also already had a damaged Colossus in the system, albeit at about 15 km distance. And it fired missiles... So I came up with a new plan: I place my playership between that Colossus and the Tenjin and fire at the missiles coming my direction, hoping for no MIRVs. I transfer jumpdrive and energy cells to my Tenjin, but order my Elephant to jump to the adjacent sector 1st. Once it arrived I order the Tenjin to jump there and dock at the Elephant... Success! Time to save. Shortly after I hear the warning of one of my ships being under attack and it was my Elephant! Now the Argon jumped there instead and attacked my TL! Reload. I ordered it to jump away, but it only had enough energy cells to jump into the last Argon border sector next to Paranid space. And shortly after the Argon military force appeared there, too attacking my Elephant. So I ordered it to move to the next sector. In SETA I watched on the sector map (I was OOS) how an Argon M7 and multiple M6 chased my Elephant through the Argon border sector. As my TL entered the next sector, now in Paranid space, the Argon fleet jumped in AGAIN! So my last desperate attempt was to order it like 2 or 3 sectors further into Paranid space. There is one sector (Paranid Prime beta maybe?) which is connected by TOA only. Everytime my TL entered a new sector, the Argon fleet jumped in and chased after it. But finally, in the TOA only sector, no more Argon, phew. SAVE! Shortly after, the Argon Colossus jumped into my Xenon hub and my early warning network went off. Luckily they gave up after that. All this for one Tenjin o.o

chip56

Re: Funniest Moments in X3FL

Post by chip56 » Mon, 31. May 21, 13:12

A few things that made me smile in my games:

1) Defending a station against pirates. Opening fire on one of those ships. Its piloted by a female argon: "I am done talking, but not done fighti..." "I am done fighting! Bailing out now". Loved the part that she didnt even finish the "done fighting" text part before she was done ;)
2) The creativity of the races in naming sectors. Everyone calls every sector "autopilot off" ;)
3) Enemy insults me: "you fly like an asteroid", next thing that happens that pilot crashes into my (bigger) ship and explodes. Yeap thats what happens if its a ship vs an asteroid so their judgement of my skills was pretty accurate in regards to the outcome.

and one more:
4) I did autobuild a complex in PTNI gamma near to the gate to the pirate sector. However the autobuild does not take gates into account when replacing the mines which did lead to rather tight placing. If you as a player fly a M6 very slowly you could make it out of the gate. Anything bigger was instant death and if you tried to fly fast you were likly to kill yourself off too. And now the funny part: A station there had a defense mission against pirates. I accepted it, turned my ship so that i could see the gate and then i watched as the whole pirate fleet arrived and instantly crushed itself against the complex. Now that was easy made money :lol:
https://ibb.co/SB7WSTS

Edit: Uploaded a picture too of that deathtrap
Last edited by chip56 on Tue, 1. Jun 21, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

HathKull
x4

Post by HathKull » Mon, 31. May 21, 13:25

Yeah, military is really persistent when it comes to hunting down former enemy ships.

I imagine another way of events equally possible:
You get into the Tenjin, dock it in the Elephant, jump away and dock at the PHQ. You have a happy and prosperous life.
Yeeears later, the wise and wrinkly you is living in your summer retreat on some remote planet. You took the Tenjin with you for old times sake. It is sheltered in a barn on your space weed farm and you polish it up real good every other weekend. A knock at the door. You see a man as old and weathered as yourself in a dusty argon space command uniform. He greets you with a tired voice: "Sir, we are sorry, but you had it coming!" He presses a button on a remote in his hand and your nice barn and your valued Tenjin go up in a mighty fireball.
And you reload.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 31. May 21, 14:29

That's why I use a TM to collect these ships, the Military cares less about them.
I once had a fight with an intrusive Q, that emergency jumped between the two systems I had my stations inside, it took me ~20 jumps to get it down.
I tried to get some pirate Large Guns for quite some time, but I never managed to get them, I did steal the Factories blueprints and build it in my HQ, and when it finally stated producing a boarded M7 hat enough of them in Cargo.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 31. May 21, 14:53

I always chuckle from some sarcastic remark from a Paranid when running a bit late with a delivery, always brings a smile.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 31. May 21, 16:14

Random NPC asking me to fly faster while i transport him in my overtuned Ocelot ... Overtuned Ocelot that crashes in every ship if i let autopilot fly it cause it flies already way to fast for the game lol.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 31. May 21, 19:31

I was parked near the Teladi Trading Station in Akeela's Beacon, doing some empire management, when a speedy M5 flew straight into the side of the station -all that remained was a dropped parcel of spaceweed. Another testament to the perils of drug use.

When attacking a Boron military transport freighting tons of drones:"Take this cargo and leave me in peace"... ejects about 30 fighter drones.

Then there was this...I suspect an Argon politician secretly owns shares in a Turbo Booster manufacturing company:

Utsuho Reiuji
x4

Post by Utsuho Reiuji » Mon, 31. May 21, 21:42

LOL, so many funny stories..
Hwitvlf wrote:
Mon, 31. May 21, 19:31
When attacking a Boron military transport freighting tons of drones:"Take this cargo and leave me in peace"... ejects about 30 fighter drones.
This actually happened to me, too. Just with less drones. I was caught off guard XD.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 31. May 21, 23:35

Utsuho Reiuji wrote:
Mon, 31. May 21, 21:42
LOL, so many funny stories..
Hwitvlf wrote:
This actually happened to me, too. Just with less drones. I was caught off guard XD.
This /is/ funny.. & totally appropriate for Hollywood action film nuts :))
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 00:35

Hwitvlf wrote:

I hope this can't happen with SQUASH mines T_T

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 16:12

I was on a hunt for a Guppy jumping through Boron sectors. Jumping in to Bluish Snout, I almost crashed to a freaking solar plant placed by GoD himself. I survived the jump as the Maru is a small ship, but it was hilarious to see bigger ships jumping in to their certain deathbed.

Best sector defense I would say.
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 16:36

Since you uploaded a picture i added one of my "death trap by auto complex builder accident" too. Added it to my post earlier but also here in case someone cares and wants to see it:
https://ibb.co/SB7WSTS

This is how it looky if i jump into the sector and go full dead stop right away.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 17:51

Klord wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 16:12
I was on a hunt for a Guppy jumping through Boron sectors. Jumping in to Bluish Snout, I almost crashed to a freaking solar plant placed by GoD himself.
Was it from a Build station mission? There are no Station planed to placed this close to the gate in bluish Snout.

If you have a save I'd like to have a look.

MFG

Ketraar

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 18:33

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 17:51
Was it from a Build station mission? There are no Station planed to placed this close to the gate in bluish Snout.

If you have a save I'd like to have a look.

MFG

Ketraar
Nope, I havent done a single station building mission. Not a fan of hauling heavy tuff around the universe. So it must be GoD. Im not sure whether it was there at the first place though. Most of the time, I venture around Teladi space to do missions.

Here is the save file. Its the Bluish Snout northern gate.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14DrQEC ... sp=sharing

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 19:51

Thanks for the save.

Are you sure you mean Bluish Snout? In your save it looks normal to me and cant really see a SPP in front of gate.

MFG

Ketraar

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 20:02

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 19:51
Thanks for the save.

Are you sure you mean Bluish Snout? In your save it looks normal to me and cant really see a SPP in front of gate.

MFG

Ketraar
Hi,

> I uploaded another save file. This time Im facing the solar plant.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sNV7RV ... sp=sharing

> Also uploaded a small video clip (Pardon me for the unnecessary weapon fire, I think I have mapped windows key to the boresight fire. This is recorded through Xbox game bar which requires the use of windows key + G to activate).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U60jWG ... sp=sharing

atroces

Post by atroces » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 02:28

I was flying a Titan to a gate, and another ship darted in front of me and died on my hull right before I hit the event horizon, and his last words were "See you on the other side ARGGHH". I looked and looked, but he was not on the other side :(

CoffeeBean
x3tc

Post by CoffeeBean » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 05:33

Getting this msg. while trying to hack a pirate ship...
What is understood - Need not be discussed.

Argent Valcendre

Post by Argent Valcendre » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 00:14

With the lost Terracorp Pilot start, I expected somewhat to find the Spacelab in a Xenon core sector. After a long search I stumbled upon it in Nopileos‘ Memorial, a pirate sector. My reputation with the pirates was already at four red picks.

I couldn’t resist claiming the Spacelab with my unarmed Ocelot. At this point: no combat ship, no large transport ship and no credits. The adjacent Xenon Sector 101 is a hellhole, the same goes for Hatikva‘s faith.

By now, I‘m halfway through with earning the necessary credits for an Elephant transport and a quick escape route to safety. So far, no marauding Xenon or Pirate capital ships partying in the Nopileos‘ Memorial. Can Nopileos‘ Memorial last long enough as the only safe place in the middle of quite terrible sectors for me to save the Spacelab? I‘m gonna find out.

dinklmen

Post by dinklmen » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 00:43

https://ctrlv.cz/jMqh
Now i remember why i never afk farm money in sector where my complex is...

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”