What I would change about FL

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

What I would change about FL

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 16:02

I would change some things about FL. Maybe you would like to change something too

Plot:
Spoiler
Show
When you are greeted by the Kyoto with all its guns pointing at you and are asked to help the Terrans, you will just say yes by instinct.
So there should be an option to betray them during the build the defence mission, e.g. by letting the Argon One know.

Also the plot should give you the blueprint of the maru to prevent its reverse engineering.
I would reduce the effect of Corps on the dynamic relation system, they are really small so helping them should cause less distrust than helping an enemy government.

Jonferco should be a independent faction, their HQ would nicely fit in a new OL subsystem with the sub name Devoid clime.
JSDD could be neutral to most commonwealth nations, as they are working on their infrastructure, but have some hostilities to other Corps.
The could also sell a TOA at a shipyard to speed up their placement.

An Agent mission to steal/buy ship blueprints and Missions to buy station blueprints would fit nicely.

I would divide all OOS damage by 4, OOS combat is just too quick in comparison to IS

I would allow the Terran frigates PSP's to the left and right to match those M7 of the commonwealth.

I would reduce the amount of weaponslots of boron fighters and instead increase their shield slots, they are limited by energy so the reduction just transfers this malus to OOS, extra shields on the other hand would fit nicely.

I would switch the side effects of the Ionplasma and the Ionpulse weapons, Ionplasma is designed to kill an enemy as quick as possible reducing speed would really help here, Ion pulse is designed to keep the enemy down this would really benefit from removing weapon energy.

I would allow boarding pods to the Aquillo, as the Scirokos got quite a buff in FL it can stand for itself and doesn't need it's Concurrence nerfed.

I would switch the Models of Euros and Solano a rear turret just fits better to a M4+.
Also the cut Perseus variant paranid_M3_var1_scene could be used, it looks really nice.
Last edited by ubuntufreakdragon on Thu, 3. Jun 21, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

chip56

Re: What I would chande about FL

Post by chip56 » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 16:27

Regarding the corperations: I think another rank (-1) would need to be added to the system. And that one should only have something like -1% penalty. That would show that they are rivals on the market and dislike you working with others but would mean that they would not go straight out to war because you decided to buy stuff from them instead.

I mean the real life equivalent would be:
You have two companies that produce combat jets. Now the company A lost the bet on a contract and decides to never ever bid again on any contracts of that country because they are "big bad meanies that trade with our rival and they actually should be shot on sight!"

Slower OOS sounds lie a good idea.

Jonferco in my opinion should get something special indeed. First of all i would also give them the building software. Maybe give them a shipyard station that you can buy? That would fit and would allow the player to produce multiple ships if they ever have enough ressources. Or they could have a plot that allows reactivating those gates that are still shutdown. Or a upgrade to a super complex Hub with internal docking slots and docking slots for M2/M1/TL ships.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Re: What I would change about FL

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 16:58

Oh and I would add the Missile defence system and Mosquitos to all military outposts

Reduce the OOS ammo consumption to a more reasonable level, e.g. by probalistic consumption, e.g. is an OOS shot does the dmg of 12 shots the probability to consume the ammo would be 12/200.
My X3 Mods

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 10:39

Mosquitos are already available at military docks

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 13:58

I would just like to say that I like the dynamic reputation system, but it needs calibrating.
I think that the dynamic reputation system is fun and it brings a breath of fresh air to the game, and makes the player to consider helping one faction as it may have consequences with others.
BUT the magnitude of changes is too great in my taste.
I have just went from "Faulty Shipbuilder" (hostile) rank with Atreus to "Atreus Shipbuilding Protector" (rank 8 ) and 98% progress towards next rank with a single taxi mission.
Luckily it didn't cause everyone else to outright hate me, which happened with missions before.

Another thing I would like to mention is that I'm not too happy about the fact taxi missions are the only way of getting agents, which are of paramount importance in FL.
This is fine in early and mid-game, but I suppose it may feel a bit anti climactic when you have a large self-sustaining empire that can exchange blows with governments, but you still have to be a taxi driver from time to time in order to perform diplomacy with other factions.
It would make sense to be able to hire agents for money.

All in all I would like to say that you've done excellent job with this expansion, thank you for bringing X3 back! FL is very fun to play, and the quality of life improvements are fantastic.
Last edited by Novvak on Sun, 6. Jun 21, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 14:05

There are other ways to get agents:
Station defense missions
Buying them for discovery points.

Would be nice though if you could get them the for some other missions too like xenon invasions

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Sun, 6. Jun 21, 14:25

Thank you Chip56, I didn't know that!
Hopefully I will be doing some more fighting missions once I can afford some neat ships.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 00:25

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 10:39
Mosquitos are already available at military docks
Sorry I meant the Terran Military Bases.

I would allow the Kyoto PSP on the rear this ship is just too large to get away with the standard front left right loadout.
My X3 Mods

Deianeira
x3tc

Post by Deianeira » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 01:52

chip56 wrote:
Sun, 6. Jun 21, 14:05
There are other ways to get agents:
Station defense missions
Buying them for discovery points.

Would be nice though if you could get them the for some other missions too like xenon invasions
Yeah, like who needs variety aquiring hundreds of agents for all the achievements, right? :lol:

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 18:01

To me it's more "what would I change about AP" because all the FL changes seem like a straight up improvement; issues that linger are mostly things that FL didn't change. All of the things in the top post are good except perhaps frigate PSP as they're insanely overpowered in OOS combat and would make the Terran M7s 1st in their class OOS.

More epic large scale battles: perhaps a rare event where a faction launched a large invasion force against an enemy high-activity sector and generate a combat mission to help defeat them.

The bail rate is so high in my game that it's ruining gameplay. About 60% of the ships I attack bail. I don't know it it's a bug or by design, but I would lower it. I prefer ships that are hard to acquire, but rewarding when you do.

I would probably remove the 'influence' value and simply make diplomacy features cost a variable amount of Agent points depending on your relationship with a faction. I.E.: It would cost 8 Agent points to try to steal a blueprint from an enemy, but only 2 from a friend. The Influence system seems to just have the effect of costing more agent points to accomplish a task, so why not cut out the middle man? This is minor.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”