some early Terran plotline wonkines [spoilers]

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Wou
x4

some early Terran plotline wonkines [spoilers]

Post by Wou » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 23:07

Hi, I have encountered some a bit weird behavior while doing the early Terran plot, so I wanted to share, and ask if I'm in trouble or not.
So, I stared with the 250k points special discovery, talked to a lady in Elena's Fortune, went to Brennan's Triumph and got a mission to place the relay satellites there. But I didn't, I decided to get the other sectors first so instead I went to Profit Center Alpha and placed the relay satellites there. When I did my computer told me there is a malfunction, and the plot moved on. I can talk to the lady in Elena's fortune as if I tried to what she asked me to do, but also I am unable to go through the freshly opened access point in Profit Center Alpha, or anywhere else for that matter.
Also fun thing - I have not build a single accelterator before but she told me I should do it "like the last time".

I guess the question is - am I screwed? Or if I keep delivering goods to the transporter/build the gate where they want me to I will be able to jump to other unlinked sectors again?
Last edited by Wou on Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

Thandrall
x4

Re: some early Terran plotline wonkines [mild spoilers]

Post by Thandrall » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 08:32

So its a bug where any HSAP counts for the mission, I went though one I'd previously opened and that was enough to continue the quest.

As for the drive, that always gets damaged, you'll get it back after you build the TOA.

Just continue to send the resources and it should be okay, though maybe dropping the relays would help? Not entirely sure there.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Sat, 5. Jun 21, 19:31

Yep, thanks, I placed the relay beacons where they were supposed to go and proceeded with providing them with supplies and everything worked out well.
At least I think so, the transporter has arrived at the destination at Brennan's Triumph, I can talk to the lady once more and pick a side, after that talk I can use the access points again, but the accelerator has not appeared in the sector yet? Is it how it's supposed to be?

Oh and also if I pick to side against Terrans I get a mission to talk to some guy, but not a marker pointing at his direction?

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:18

Well, I'm going to bring back my thread because I'm still at the Terran plot and the things are still weird.

I delivered all the cells, crystals and chips, got told "it will take some time" before next thing happens. It took 2 minutes (or till the first jump to another sector) before I got another message "I need help!" and a mission to protect the Kogorasu Maru. Long story short the Kogorasu is now hanging out in an empty sector just with its M2 buddy, and it's been quite a while, and nothing happens. There is a pirate base there that turned red when I started the mission so I though I might need to destroy it - but nope, it seems to be indestructible, locked at 93% hull.

I guess I have to maybe finally get going and build my first trans-orbital accelerator? Or is the mission just that long? Or I have broken something and am screwed?

chip56

Post by chip56 » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:23

There should be a couple commonwealth ships that are supposed to attack the Maru while the Maru escapes the brennans triumph delta.

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 19:26

There were ships, but they're gone now :roll:
But the Maru just flies around the BT alpha at half speed, doing nothing else.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”