Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

mhooma

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by mhooma » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 08:59

DanKara wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 04:23
mhooma wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 02:29
is there a script i can use to find abandend ships? because its not at these cooardinates in my game. i cant use the discovery info, because i already discovered it.
The 'All Seeing Eye' has multiple options. Among those are searches for 'derelict ships' and 'floating containers'. I placed the AP-version of that script into ...addon2\scripts and use it in FL without problems.
If you are going after the ARAN. That ship is not ingame until the sector next to Sanctuary of Darkness is connected by a TOA from the NPC-factions and even than you have to find it via LFL (in sector) as it is hidden from the map.
the ship is already ingame. i already connected the sector and also did find the aran via lfl. i just did not had marines to capture it and forget to notice the coordinates to come back later.
does that script break my ability for achivments?
Last edited by mhooma on Fri, 25. Mar 22, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

mhooma

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by mhooma » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 08:59

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 06:45
The Aran is so big, all you have to do in-sector is external view (F3), max zoom out (-), spin your view around, and you'll see it. That's how to find it in AP and it's the same in FL.
i know that its big, but as far as i remember its really far outside. so i dont not seen it

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 09:52

mhooma wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 08:59

i know that its big, but as far as i remember its really far outside. so i dont not seen it
If it was within LFL range from the gate, it should be close enough you can see it when zoomed out.

And while the script breaks your achievements, it's simple enough to get around. Have two savegames just minutes apart. Load the older save, run the script, note the coordinates. Load the newer game, go to the noted coordinates. As far as the game is concerned, you never enabled the script editor.
It works with only one save too. The second is just making doubly sure to break the tracking.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Sat, 26. Mar 22, 00:11

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 16. Feb 22, 02:45
Hotshot22 wrote:
Tue, 15. Feb 22, 22:45
Getting such a beacon doesn't work anymore, right? At least the Large Weapon Platform had no beacon....
That may be. But we've found other methods to rake in billions. The latest is to use the Complex Deployment service from the Complex Planner. This service will send an M4 Sabre with a beacon to the complex deployment location. This gives you the chance to force the Sabre to bail and claim the beacon five times and still let the sixth build your complex. You have to act fast though. The Sabre will self-destruct in seconds after bailing.
bail? you mean attacking?

btw found my aran. it was at 8.4449km, -148.8km, -93km

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 27. Mar 22, 06:56

mhooma wrote:
Sat, 26. Mar 22, 00:11
Yes, shoot them in a careful manner until the pilot ejects.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 27. Mar 22, 20:58

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 27. Mar 22, 06:56
mhooma wrote:
I've found the most efficient way is to use MDs to shred its hull to almost nothing which slows it down to a crawl, then using IDs up close for the shields. Means changing ships but makes claiming the Sabre much easier :D

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Sun, 27. Mar 22, 23:03

Jimmy C wrote:
Sun, 27. Mar 22, 06:56
mhooma wrote:
any tips with weapons or ships to use? either they dont give up or explode suddenly after they jump.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 06:27

mhooma wrote:
Sun, 27. Mar 22, 23:03

any tips with weapons or ships to use? either they dont give up or explode suddenly after they jump.
Sov's given advice above you. He's done this a lot. I haven't gone after these fighters specifically yet, though I have bailed a lot of other ships. In general, I knock their hull down below 90%, let their shield build back up to about 10%, then shoot them until they bail or explode. If they explode, I reload and try again.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 10:20

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 06:27
mhooma wrote:
Sun, 27. Mar 22, 23:03

Sov's given advice above you. He's done this a lot. I haven't gone after these fighters specifically yet, though I have bailed a lot of other ships. In general, I knock their hull down below 90%, let their shield build back up to about 10%, then shoot them until they bail or explode. If they explode, I reload and try again.
yeah did not seen his post . thx

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 13:06

ok got my first jump beacon this way. but what do i do after i depleted their hull to 5-7% and despite shooting with ID they dont jump? is there a trick like waiting till shield refills and then shoot?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 17:02

mhooma wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 13:06
ok got my first jump beacon this way. but what do i do after i depleted their hull to 5-7% and despite shooting with ID they dont jump? is there a trick like waiting till shield refills and then shoot?
Normally, yes. But at that low hull, you have very little margin left to work with. From what I heard, the game makes a check to see if the pilot is willing to bail once every 30 seconds or so after it meets the criteria for checking. I suppose the shield recharge can be thought of as a timer for this.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 28. Mar 22, 18:30

There is a hidden 'morale' stat that's set by RNG when the ship jumps in that affects its chances of bailing and thus difficulty. Because of the timer that means it won't bail the first time you knock out its shields if its hull is >90% and you won't get another chance for at least that long. Lowering the hull increases chances of bailing, the ideal value being <2.5% which is easily accomplished by use of Mass Drivers.

The vanilla Scorpion (you get to build one during the plot) can mount six but it's best to only fire a couple as the Sabre's thin hull means it's very easy to overkill otherwise. Damaging the hull before the shields means you have a chance of getting a bail first time.

The Mako is the recommended choice for using IDs to get the ship to bail because of its speed, however if the Sabre is sufficiently damaged beforehand it'll be slow enough for any ID equipped craft to catch. Just make sure whichever ship you use is equipped with System Override Software so you can claim it before it self-destructs. Because the software has a very short range, the slower the Sabre is the easier it is to stay close enough once you open up with the Ion Disruptors.

And using a third ship as a carrier to transport the other two to the gate and to offload collected beacons makes the logistics easier, you do get several minutes between Sabres which is more than enough time to reset and go again.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 00:58

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 18:30
There is a hidden 'morale' stat that's set by RNG when the ship jumps in that affects its chances of bailing and thus difficulty. Because of the timer that means it won't bail the first time you knock out its shields if its hull is >90% and you won't get another chance for at least that long. Lowering the hull increases chances of bailing, the ideal value being <2.5% which is easily accomplished by use of Mass Drivers.

The vanilla Scorpion (you get to build one during the plot) can mount six but it's best to only fire a couple as the Sabre's thin hull means it's very easy to overkill otherwise. Damaging the hull before the shields means you have a chance of getting a bail first time.

The Mako is the recommended choice for using IDs to get the ship to bail because of its speed, however if the Sabre is sufficiently damaged beforehand it'll be slow enough for any ID equipped craft to catch. Just make sure whichever ship you use is equipped with System Override Software so you can claim it before it self-destructs. Because the software has a very short range, the slower the Sabre is the easier it is to stay close enough once you open up with the Ion Disruptors.

And using a third ship as a carrier to transport the other two to the gate and to offload collected beacons makes the logistics easier, you do get several minutes between Sabres which is more than enough time to reset and go again.
i use a heavy centaur. it can mount both in front. i just need to switch channels. its easier then switching ships.

i now have 3 beacons. i save after i reduced the hull to around 5% before i knock shields down. i figured out its faster to reload if the pilot doesnt bail on the initial knock down of the shields then to fly behind him and continue to shoot with IDs to get him to jump later.

ever tried cargo bay hacker in this situation?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 04:35

Cargo bay hacker takes too long. The Sabre may have Cargo Bay Shielding (doesn't show up on scans) that make it immune to hacking. By the time you find out, it's too late to claim the ship. That's why the best method is SOS to claim the ship quickly and eject the beacon right away. Unless there's hostiles around, it should be quite safe to do so.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 07:30

Jimmy C wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 04:35
Cargo bay hacker takes too long. The Sabre may have Cargo Bay Shielding
Obtaining Jump Beacons would be far easier, if those Sabre's could spawn without the CBS. Never had one without. No, I think they are always fitted with one.
For me, the cargo bay hacking was much faster than SOS/freight transfer. I switched methods after I had the CBS on the SABRE surving the bail much to often...

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 07:49

mhooma wrote:
For me, bails happened at 86% (with the SABRE not even getting red) and 0% (at one digit hull numbers).
But never ever did I had a bail on (any) ship, whose equipement was reduced to just one shield by weapon fire (or IonD-usage).

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 08:44

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 07:49
mhooma wrote:
For me, bails happened at 86% (with the SABRE not even getting red) and 0% (at one digit hull numbers).
But never ever did I had a bail on (any) ship, whose equipement was reduced to just one shield by weapon fire (or IonD-usage).
yes thats why i found out its faster to just reload when it turns red after first MD salvo + ID salvo to 0% shield instead to continue firing ID on it after it doesnt bail at this point. also i never could reduce it tech with ID. yesterday i had a 1 hour try to bail one where i scanned at the start and after a hour and it stil had the same equipment.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 10:46

mhooma wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 08:44
... also i never could reduce it tech with ID. yesterday i had a 1 hour try to bail one where i scanned at the start and after a hour and it stil had the same equipment.
Argh... I forgot about the CBS (mostly) preventing damage to equipement.
I had bails from IonD-usage on the HephCorp-Sabre, but those were rare and in no way predictiable. After all its just RNG. At one time I was so frustated on that mini-game, that I used 2x CIG on a Sabre to get rid of him - and much to my suprise he then bailed.
(I have next to no expierence with MassDriver+Combos, as my usual playership (Hyperion, Maru) don't support those. My usual escape pod (BlastclawProto) does, but rarely has the weapon or ammo. No luck the few times I tried.)

Thought myself patient, but I would never have toyed with one Sabre for a whole hour (in the same load-session?). I think, the longest took me around 45 min (with multiple re-loads) and I averaged mostly at 10-minutes-sessions. My 'point to save' is the moment the sabre appears in sector. Might be superstition, but I think even the first contact (to get his aggro) makes a difference...

Additionally, now that you have atleast one jump beacon , you can multiply it via Memory Hacking .

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 16:32

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 10:46
mhooma wrote:
... also i never could reduce it tech with ID. yesterday i had a 1 hour try to bail one where i scanned at the start and after a hour and it stil had the same equipment.
I had bails from IonD-usage on the HephCorp-Sabre, but those were rare and in no way predictiable. After all its just RNG. At one time I was so frustated on that mini-game, that I used 2x CIG on a Sabre to get rid of him - and much to my suprise he then bailed.
(I have next to no expierence with MassDriver+Combos, as my usual playership (Hyperion, Maru) don't support those. My usual escape pod (BlastclawProto) does, but rarely has the weapon or ammo. No luck the few times I tried.)

Thought myself patient, but I would never have toyed with one Sabre for a whole hour (in the same load-session?). I think, the longest took me around 45 min (with multiple re-loads) and I averaged mostly at 10-minutes-sessions. My 'point to save' is the moment the sabre appears in sector. Might be superstition, but I think even the first contact (to get his aggro) makes a difference...

Additionally, now that you have atleast one jump beacon , you can multiply it via Memory Hacking .
well i listend to a 6 hour podcast of richard medhurst. i literally fought 1 sabre prob. more then 1 hour until i ws interrupted by pirates. i was interested to see when they bail thats why i literally continued to shoot at him. sometimes continues fire. sometimes wait until his shield reloads. at least i can see, i could not fry his techs. thats why i said i reload brings more. the bail change is def. not determined by entering the sector, or else my save reload would not work!

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 16:36

mhooma wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 16:32
DanKara wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 10:46
mhooma wrote:

well i listend to a 6 hour podcast of richard medhurst. i literally fought 1 sabre prob. more then 1 hour until i ws interrupted by pirates. i was interested to see when they bail thats why i literally continued to shoot at him. sometimes continues fire. sometimes wait until his shield reloads. at least i can see, i could not fry his techs. thats why i said i reload brings more. the bail change is def. not determined by entering the sector, or else my save reload would not work!

on another note: i gone on a boarding spree in yaki territory. to my surprise and to my failure the captured ships failed to move to the next sector or shipyard. i commanded them to move to the next paranid shiphyard and they moved down further into yaki territory?!!!?

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”