Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

DanKara
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by DanKara » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 07:49

mhooma wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 13:06
ok got my first jump beacon this way. but what do i do after i depleted their hull to 5-7% and despite shooting with ID they dont jump? is there a trick like waiting till shield refills and then shoot?
For me, bails happened at 86% (with the SABRE not even getting red) and 0% (at one digit hull numbers).
But never ever did I had a bail on (any) ship, whose equipement was reduced to just one shield by weapon fire (or IonD-usage).

mhooma

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by mhooma » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 08:44

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 07:49
mhooma wrote:
Mon, 28. Mar 22, 13:06
ok got my first jump beacon this way. but what do i do after i depleted their hull to 5-7% and despite shooting with ID they dont jump? is there a trick like waiting till shield refills and then shoot?
For me, bails happened at 86% (with the SABRE not even getting red) and 0% (at one digit hull numbers).
But never ever did I had a bail on (any) ship, whose equipement was reduced to just one shield by weapon fire (or IonD-usage).
yes thats why i found out its faster to just reload when it turns red after first MD salvo + ID salvo to 0% shield instead to continue firing ID on it after it doesnt bail at this point. also i never could reduce it tech with ID. yesterday i had a 1 hour try to bail one where i scanned at the start and after a hour and it stil had the same equipment.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 10:46

mhooma wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 08:44
... also i never could reduce it tech with ID. yesterday i had a 1 hour try to bail one where i scanned at the start and after a hour and it stil had the same equipment.
Argh... I forgot about the CBS (mostly) preventing damage to equipement.
I had bails from IonD-usage on the HephCorp-Sabre, but those were rare and in no way predictiable. After all its just RNG. At one time I was so frustated on that mini-game, that I used 2x CIG on a Sabre to get rid of him - and much to my suprise he then bailed.
(I have next to no expierence with MassDriver+Combos, as my usual playership (Hyperion, Maru) don't support those. My usual escape pod (BlastclawProto) does, but rarely has the weapon or ammo. No luck the few times I tried.)

Thought myself patient, but I would never have toyed with one Sabre for a whole hour (in the same load-session?). I think, the longest took me around 45 min (with multiple re-loads) and I averaged mostly at 10-minutes-sessions. My 'point to save' is the moment the sabre appears in sector. Might be superstition, but I think even the first contact (to get his aggro) makes a difference...

Additionally, now that you have atleast one jump beacon , you can multiply it via Memory Hacking .

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 16:32

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 10:46
mhooma wrote:
... also i never could reduce it tech with ID. yesterday i had a 1 hour try to bail one where i scanned at the start and after a hour and it stil had the same equipment.
I had bails from IonD-usage on the HephCorp-Sabre, but those were rare and in no way predictiable. After all its just RNG. At one time I was so frustated on that mini-game, that I used 2x CIG on a Sabre to get rid of him - and much to my suprise he then bailed.
(I have next to no expierence with MassDriver+Combos, as my usual playership (Hyperion, Maru) don't support those. My usual escape pod (BlastclawProto) does, but rarely has the weapon or ammo. No luck the few times I tried.)

Thought myself patient, but I would never have toyed with one Sabre for a whole hour (in the same load-session?). I think, the longest took me around 45 min (with multiple re-loads) and I averaged mostly at 10-minutes-sessions. My 'point to save' is the moment the sabre appears in sector. Might be superstition, but I think even the first contact (to get his aggro) makes a difference...

Additionally, now that you have atleast one jump beacon , you can multiply it via Memory Hacking .
well i listend to a 6 hour podcast of richard medhurst. i literally fought 1 sabre prob. more then 1 hour until i ws interrupted by pirates. i was interested to see when they bail thats why i literally continued to shoot at him. sometimes continues fire. sometimes wait until his shield reloads. at least i can see, i could not fry his techs. thats why i said i reload brings more. the bail change is def. not determined by entering the sector, or else my save reload would not work!

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 16:36

mhooma wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 16:32
DanKara wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 10:46
mhooma wrote:

well i listend to a 6 hour podcast of richard medhurst. i literally fought 1 sabre prob. more then 1 hour until i ws interrupted by pirates. i was interested to see when they bail thats why i literally continued to shoot at him. sometimes continues fire. sometimes wait until his shield reloads. at least i can see, i could not fry his techs. thats why i said i reload brings more. the bail change is def. not determined by entering the sector, or else my save reload would not work!

on another note: i gone on a boarding spree in yaki territory. to my surprise and to my failure the captured ships failed to move to the next sector or shipyard. i commanded them to move to the next paranid shiphyard and they moved down further into yaki territory?!!!?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 18:06

mhooma wrote:
yesterday i had a 1 hour try to bail one where i scanned at the start and after a hour and it stil had the same equipment.
That's due to Cargo Bay Shielding. If you blast a de-shielded ship with IDs for a whole minute and it loses no equipment, it's got CBS. Forget the IDs and switch weapons if you still want to bail the ship.

Another thing about IDs, they supposedly reduce the chance of a bail. I'd save IDs for boardable ships, use them against equipment to improve the odds for weaker marines. Or Terran large caps with Hull Polarization Device.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 18:10

The ID doesn't really reduce the bail chance. Its just that unlike other weapons that trigger the bail check on every hit, the ID doesn't. But the ID hits more often than other weapons, so it will trigger a similar amount to fast firing weapons anyways

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 21:25

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 18:10
The ID doesn't really reduce the bail chance. Its just that unlike other weapons that trigger the bail check on every hit, the ID doesn't. But the ID hits more often than other weapons, so it will trigger a similar amount to fast firing weapons anyways
Does that apply to all games since X2?
Мир всем народам на свете.
Нам не нужна
Война!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 29. Mar 22, 21:34

I believe it was in X2 although not sure, its been at least like that since X3 Reunion

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 09:27

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 29. Mar 22, 21:34
I believe it was in X2 although not sure, its been at least like that since X3 Reunion
Damaged ships (at or below 87.5% hull) zapped by ID can still bail in X2. It's in X3 Reunion and later that nerfed that strategy.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 09:50

They still bail in x3 too, I don't beleve it was ever nerfed

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 7. Jun 22, 18:19

If someone feels like digging in the forum to find it, the code that governs the bail chance is actually in the X2 section somewhere. Either search in there or through Google, it should come up. In AP and before you had a hidden Morale stat "will show if you turn the script editor on" assigned to all NPCs and this influenced whether they would actually bail or not. Add in the new honor stat now, this could be why soo many people find it hard to get bails.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 9. Jun 22, 20:53

Mass Drivers are very handy for increasing bail chance by shredding a target's hull to almost nothing then switching to Ion Disruptors, bail chance is at its highest.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 10:17

What also helps is having extra ships hitting NPC ships. For some reason I have great luck with Xenon fighters. If only I had this luck on AP for that Beryll Research mission. :roll: I've also found success lobbing mosquito missiles at targets currently being pounded by other AI ships who happen to be into hull damage.

And if they are super rare to bail for you, try to remember to take your new forced passenger aka prisoner's with jobs, to there requested destination instead of the training barracks or pirate base for enslavement.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 22. Jun 22, 06:54

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 10:17
What also helps is having extra ships hitting NPC ships. For some reason I have great luck with Xenon fighters. If only I had this luck on AP for that Beryll Research mission. :roll: I've also found success lobbing mosquito missiles at targets currently being pounded by other AI ships who happen to be into hull damage.

And if they are super rare to bail for you, try to remember to take your new forced passenger aka prisoner's with jobs, to there requested destination instead of the training barracks or pirate base for enslavement.
I had one whose destination was a silicon mine in one of my complexes because it was one of the Duke's freighters in a sector I was claiming. Docking at the complex hub didn't cut it so my next stop was the training barracks! :lol:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”