Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 03:57

Double post edit.
Last edited by Sovereign01 on Thu, 14. Apr 22, 02:47, edited 3 times in total.

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Quick guide to infinite riches... and more! - improvements in upcoming update 1.2

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 03:58

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 03:52
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 01:32

I'm building that slowly. I'm at 17bn net worth. Only 83 bn more to go.
Before the beacon trick, I was at 8 or 10. Then, as you saw, 7 weeks of flying around.
I can't imagine having 100bn worth of stuff unless I build a load more complexes. Because I only have two at the moment it's not like I have need of a large fleet for security. Balancing race relations so I can build a large weapons complex is going to be my next challenge. Standings with the Split and Pirates are keeping me from increasing my rank among the Terrans any further. Getting back on the good side of the Boron might help with that.

Speaking of building stuff, I added a Khaak Corvette to my build queue. Why? Because I spent a couple of hours raising hell in the Khaak sector above Maelstrom Beta in my Megalodon blasting my way from one end to the other killing 60 Khaak corvettes and claiming the occasional Khaak fighter that bailed, most of which had a couple of Beta Kyons. So when the corvette finishes construction I'll be able to arm it right off the bat. I discovered too that with the cargo bay hacker you can attempt to pinch stuff from an actively hostile target but it's very rare that you'll succeed- I only got one Kyon that way and maybe 4 in total from loot drops.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 06:43

Sovereign01 wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 03:58
I can't imagine having 100bn worth of stuff ...
Its less than 360 JumpBeacons... :lol:
And for me too 'Epic Empire' unlocked the moment I looked at the 'Empire Net Worth'-menu...

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 09:02

DanKara wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 06:43

And for me too 'Epic Empire' unlocked the moment I looked at the 'Empire Net Worth'-menu...
Browsing the net worth windows, I see that my single most valuable asset is the TS carrying my stack of JBs. 71 of them for over 19 billion.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 7. Feb 22, 20:05

Jimmy C wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 09:02
DanKara wrote:
Mon, 7. Feb 22, 06:43

Browsing the net worth windows, I see that my single most valuable asset is the TS carrying my stack of JBs. 71 of them for over 19 billion.
It puts my five jump beacons to shame! :lol:

Hotshot22
x4

Post by Hotshot22 » Tue, 15. Feb 22, 22:45

Getting such a beacon doesn't work anymore, right? At least the Large Weapon Platform had no beacon....

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 02:45

Hotshot22 wrote:
Tue, 15. Feb 22, 22:45
Getting such a beacon doesn't work anymore, right? At least the Large Weapon Platform had no beacon....
That may be. But we've found other methods to rake in billions. The latest is to use the Complex Deployment service from the Complex Planner. This service will send an M4 Sabre with a beacon to the complex deployment location. This gives you the chance to force the Sabre to bail and claim the beacon five times and still let the sixth build your complex. You have to act fast though. The Sabre will self-destruct in seconds after bailing.

Next is how to make money out of the beacons, repeatedly. Look for those missions that ask you to deliver some kind of ship, like a TS from a race, or they may ask for a more specific ship type. The important thing about these kinds of missions in FL (as opposed to the previous games) is that after you hand over the ship, it remains green, yours, until it jumps out shortly. Because it's still yours, you can still access the ship's Cargo Bay and transfer cargo out of it!

So, what you do is, get the required ship to the station. Before it docks, put the beacons onboard. A maximum of 7, more will cause the reward calculation to overflow and go negative. After you turn over the ship and it undocks, transfer the beacons out of the ship. Thanks to the reward for this kind of missions including ship value, you can earn up to 1.9 billion for up to 7 beacons on board. And now, you have the beacons back to repeat the process!

Just be alert for missions involving M5s and M4s. Beacons are M-sized. Most M5s and some M4s are S-sized, but there are exceptions. See to it that you can supply an M-sized ship for the mission before taking it.

Hotshot22
x4

Post by Hotshot22 » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 06:41

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 16. Feb 22, 02:45
That may be. But we've found other methods to rake in billions.
Holy moly... that's quite elaborate!
Seems like a story out of Oceans Eleven or something :D
Nice catch, unbelievable^^

Tbh: I don't really care about the money. What I want is a few jump beacons!

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 09:35

Hotshot22 wrote:
Wed, 16. Feb 22, 06:41

Tbh: I don't really care about the money. What I want is a few jump beacons!
The first half will give you that.

Hotshot22
x4

Post by Hotshot22 » Wed, 16. Feb 22, 10:47

Indeed!
Cheers

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 03:02

As long as you use the right M4 for the task, one of which you'll get as part of the main plot anyway all you need to do is arm it accordingly.

peterjb

Post by peterjb » Fri, 18. Feb 22, 11:48

Jimmy C wrote:
Hotshot22 wrote:
That may be. But we've found other methods to rake in billions. The latest is to use the Complex Deployment service from the Complex Planner. This service will send an M4 Sabre with a beacon to the complex deployment location. This gives you the chance to force the Sabre to bail and claim the beacon five times and still let the sixth build your complex. You have to act fast though. The Sabre will self-destruct in seconds after bailing.

I have tried this out but the saber wont go hostile and thus it cant bail right? it do become hostile after dropping its beacon though. I have tried all the ways i´ve heard of getting a beacon but still no luck. I am on version 1.3 by the way.

Edit: I acctually got one to bail, so i guess i was just unlucky before. I didnt catch it before it teleported away though, so i guess i will just continue. Ans thanks for a great tip!

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 02:29

Stu Austin wrote:
Sun, 12. Sep 21, 07:43
mhooma wrote:
Fri, 10. Sep 21, 02:30
Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 18. Aug 21, 18:04
there is only a 2km variance in the Y Axis, so everything should be fairly close to ecliptic
can you say me the coordinates of the aran in sanctuary of darkness? i hate it discovered but no marine in my ship and forget the coordinates and now cant find it.
Hello. I found it also tonight there (by Discovery info). Co-ordinates are
Spoiler
Show
6.37km, 194km, 8.26km
stu
is there a script i can use to find abandend ships? because its not at these cooardinates in my game. i cant use the discovery info, because i already discovered it.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 04:23

mhooma wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 02:29
is there a script i can use to find abandend ships? because its not at these cooardinates in my game. i cant use the discovery info, because i already discovered it.
The 'All Seeing Eye' has multiple options. Among those are searches for 'derelict ships' and 'floating containers'. I placed the AP-version of that script into ...addon2\scripts and use it in FL without problems.
If you are going after the ARAN. That ship is not ingame until the sector next to Sanctuary of Darkness is connected by a TOA from the NPC-factions and even than you have to find it via LFL (in sector) as it is hidden from the map.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 06:45

The Aran is so big, all you have to do in-sector is external view (F3), max zoom out (-), spin your view around, and you'll see it. That's how to find it in AP and it's the same in FL.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 08:59

DanKara wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 04:23
mhooma wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 02:29
The 'All Seeing Eye' has multiple options. Among those are searches for 'derelict ships' and 'floating containers'. I placed the AP-version of that script into ...addon2\scripts and use it in FL without problems.
If you are going after the ARAN. That ship is not ingame until the sector next to Sanctuary of Darkness is connected by a TOA from the NPC-factions and even than you have to find it via LFL (in sector) as it is hidden from the map.
the ship is already ingame. i already connected the sector and also did find the aran via lfl. i just did not had marines to capture it and forget to notice the coordinates to come back later.
does that script break my ability for achivments?
Last edited by mhooma on Fri, 25. Mar 22, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 08:59

Jimmy C wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 06:45
The Aran is so big, all you have to do in-sector is external view (F3), max zoom out (-), spin your view around, and you'll see it. That's how to find it in AP and it's the same in FL.
i know that its big, but as far as i remember its really far outside. so i dont not seen it

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 25. Mar 22, 09:52

mhooma wrote:
Fri, 25. Mar 22, 08:59

i know that its big, but as far as i remember its really far outside. so i dont not seen it
If it was within LFL range from the gate, it should be close enough you can see it when zoomed out.

And while the script breaks your achievements, it's simple enough to get around. Have two savegames just minutes apart. Load the older save, run the script, note the coordinates. Load the newer game, go to the noted coordinates. As far as the game is concerned, you never enabled the script editor.
It works with only one save too. The second is just making doubly sure to break the tracking.

mhooma

Post by mhooma » Sat, 26. Mar 22, 00:11

Jimmy C wrote:
Hotshot22 wrote:
bail? you mean attacking?

btw found my aran. it was at 8.4449km, -148.8km, -93km

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 27. Mar 22, 06:56

mhooma wrote:
Sat, 26. Mar 22, 00:11
bail? you mean attacking?
Yes, shoot them in a careful manner until the pilot ejects.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”