[FL 1.1] Screen Freeze

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

[FL 1.1] Screen Freeze

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:17

While playing the game, the screen will sometimes freeze and stop updating. The first few times this happened, I thought it crashed and forced closed it. Today, however, I found out that alt-tabbing out and back into the game unfreezes the screen. But now, the freezes are happening more frequently. It happened like 4 or 5 times again after the first time I successfully unfroze it.

Is this going to be addressed in 1.2?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [FL 1.1] Screen Freeze

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 20:21

its not an issue i have seen reported before. But you could try out 1.2 and see if it works

Luckychuck
x4

Post by Luckychuck » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 01:33

It might not be X3FL's fault. The exact same thing has been happening to me for the last few weeks.........except I am playing X3AP. It might be the video card drivers, at least it was for me, I think.

I have a couple RTX 2080 Tis and was using the Nvidia 466.27 drivers when I started having problems. Yesterday I updated to 466.63 and it seemed to get worse. So, today I downgraded to 461.92, and played for a little over an hour with no freezes. Normally it would have froze a few times in that hour.

I can't say if this is causing your problem, but it might be worth looking into.

laux
x3tc

Post by laux » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 08:49

It is the same with me as well. I had recently installed AP and already there was about one freez per hour. Now with FL nothing has changed.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 08:54

I also have had some of those "not yet a full freeze" freezes that can be solved with alt tabbing.
However that was about one such freeze in about 50 game hours or so and without any obvious trigger. And since its so rare and just solved by alt tabbing i dont think its possible to provide a savegame that reliably shows this specific error.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”