quick question about raising reputations

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Wou
x4

quick question about raising reputations

Post by Wou » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 21:51

My reps are as below:

I am trying to raise the Boron rep to buy a Guppy, but it doesn't budge a tiny bit. I can wipe dozens of xenon ships in their space, do missions, send agent on a missions that claims it'll put my rep at 15% of the next rank - nothing. Stuck at 98%
I assume it's because my Split rep is too high? Do I need to massacre some split civilians or something to be able to get that ship?
Sorry for 'wasting' a thread for such probably basic question but this whole system is hardly intuitive.

blazenclaw
x3ap

Re: quick question about raising reputations

Post by blazenclaw » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 22:07

There is an upper cap you're hitting that occurs when you're too high with enemies of that faction. In this case, you're at rank 8 (3 white plus 6 green pips minus 1) with Split, Paranid, and Strong Arms, which means you are capped at 7/98% with all enemies of any of those factions (Boron, Argon, etc).

I have a list of what factions you can simultaneously be max rank with in the DR guide here (Dynamic Reputation Caps).

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 22:09

you can do something against the spilt to drop the rank.
but you can keep doing stuff for boron, even though it doesn't increase, it will continue to drop the enemy ranks until eventually they are all below the threshold, then it'll start to increase.

Doing something to drop the ranks would be quicker though

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 22:15

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 9. Jun 21, 22:09
you can do something against the spilt to drop the rank.
but you can keep doing stuff for boron, even though it doesn't increase, it will continue to drop the enemy ranks until eventually they are all below the threshold, then it'll start to increase.

Doing something to drop the ranks would be quicker though
Consider adding information about this limitation in-game to the 1.2 patch. It seems to often confuse people. It is mentioned in the Survival Guide, but maybe not explicitly enough, or people aren't reading it. Perhaps add something to the pilot rep page?

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Wed, 9. Jun 21, 22:20

Thanks!
So this means I need to drop Split Paranids and StrongArms one bar each then?
Or pick a different drone carrier I guess.

And I did check the guide, it states that reaching max rank with a faction will make reaching max rank with their enemies impossible, but well, I'm not at a max rank, there's like 2 or 3 more to get I believe?

Night_Dragon
x3

Post by Night_Dragon » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 07:51

Another way would be to simply board/capture a Guppy ...
Ok the Borons would be furious but nothing a few Agents could fix :mrgreen:

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 10:41

it'll be sneaky and very much on the dastard but get some ion mines these mines will deplete shields when detonated... and drop them close to a (split) station that gets a lot of traffic arm the mines after you have left sector you sure will see that race rank drop quick. as for your hired TL I would direct it to move to a certain position and you will see it in the questions, let it get there while you are not in-sector then jump in-to the sector after it has done so and you can monitor the hired TL's movement by clicking "R" to prevent it from being destroyed but I am pretty sure you have figured this out
[" thank you "]

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 14:38

I was thinking about capturing one, but then from what I understand there's no guarantee it will have even a single drone onboard left after the fight and there will be no way for me to get more without disassembling the whole ship and then having to use about a years worth of whole universal production of microchips and other stuff to build one again?
I don't have a whole industrial complex yet, nor do I expect to ever actually fly one, I just wanted a single ship to do repairs of captured mobile pirate bases and stuff.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 14:43

You can buy the boron repair drone from Atreus directly.
Might be that your rep is high enough for that already (cant check it currently which Rep level you need to be)

Wou
x4

Post by Wou » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 14:48

chip56 wrote:
Thu, 10. Jun 21, 14:43
You can buy the boron repair drone from Atreus directly.
Might be that your rep is high enough for that already (cant check it currently which Rep level you need to be)
well I'll be damned
bye bye Guppy, your services are no longer required :)

Night_Dragon
x3

Post by Night_Dragon » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 16:17

Besides even if it doesn´t have Drones when you capture it, reengineering it would still give you the bluebprints for its "Standard Drones".
Worked on Guppy and Ariadne so far for me :mrgreen:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”