Station Manager Ships - Separate setting for buy/sell?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

SurfingSpaceMonkey

Station Manager Ships - Separate setting for buy/sell?

Post by SurfingSpaceMonkey » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 08:25

Is it possible to set up ships for the SM specifically as buyers/sellers? AFAIK they can only be set as traders and will perform both jobs in that role.

I'd like to restrict my buyers (slow, barely outfited XL freighters) to my own sector (buy range 0) and allow sellers (fully kitted armoured transports) jump around wherever there is profits to be made.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Station Manager Ships - Separate setting for buy/sell?

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 11:17

If you are buying and selling separate wares then you can just set ware restrictions for each ship, restrict the selling wares to your seller ships and your buying wares to the buyer ship

SurfingSpaceMonkey

Post by SurfingSpaceMonkey » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 12:34

Edit: same wares.
That workaround won't help me. I bought a boron EQ-Dock to take off pressure from my complex.. Npc traders were lining up and clogging my docking bays and the Boron EQ has hangars for medium sized ships.

My goal is to run the EQ as a trade hub and the complex for supply only. But if I Home-Base traders directly to the complex, they ignore the dock (and the hq in the same sector) and just sell for mad profits. I have to do some pricing acrobatics on the wares to achieve what I want and a setting for the ships would have been perfect for my (rare?) circumstances. (Or maybe I'm overthinking this and not seeing an obvious solution)

chip56

Post by chip56 » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 12:52

Use one ship thats set not to be used by the station manager and use the trade distribution command?
If you want to fill equipment on the EQ one single ship thats set like this should work:
1) complex
Fill/ load HEP 100
Fill/ load PPC 100
Fill/ load 5mj shield 100
2) EQ
dump everything

->result that one ship will collect the equipment from the complex and keep your EQ filled up. Optionally you could also use the stock command at the EQ if you only want a small amount of gear there instead of a full stock. In that case you could say for example "stock till there are 4 5mj shields"

Note: If you use high numbers for fill it might carry a lot of unsused stuff around if you ever fill your EQ up. If you use lower numbers you dont ferry that much stuff uselessly around but it might not be enough to keep up with demand or might take longer to stock the EQ

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 14:39

The station manager should favour ships without jumpdrives when sending them locally, saving the jumpdrive ships for tasks that are further away.

of course if the best ship is already been used for something else, then it will end up using another available one.

Alos, there are some improvements in 1.2 to reduce NPC ships clogging up player stations, but this will take awhile to sort out, as they have to finish their current routine before switching to the adjusted ones
1.2 does also improve the station manager ship usage when you have a mix of jumpdrive and jump-less ships

SurfingSpaceMonkey

Post by SurfingSpaceMonkey » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 16:03

Thanks for the input guys. I'll give those options a try and watch how it works out!!

On the clogging matter. Looking forward to it. My drug complex in
Spoiler
Show
Freedom's Reach
will profit the most out of that :D

atroces

Post by atroces » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 18:27

It would be very nice if you could reserve a number of docks for your own ships. I have had ships that were fleeing to my dock, unable to dock because NPC ships were spamming me, so the ship waited there for a spot til xenon came and offed them.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 21:09

atroces wrote:
Fri, 11. Jun 21, 18:27
I have had ships that were fleeing to my dock, unable to dock because NPC ships were spamming me, so the ship waited there for a spot til xenon came and offed them.
Remember NPCs are people too: they didn't want to die to the incoming Xenon swarm any more than your own ships did! :mrgreen:
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”