Explorer restock satellites at homebase?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Hwitvlf

Explorer restock satellites at homebase?

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 18:48

Is there a way to get explorers to restock their supply of satellites at their homebase?
I have lots of advanced satellites at the HQ (explorer's homebase) and they're marked as "product", yet the explorer parks saying 'no satellites available'.

chip56

Re: Explorer restock satellites at homebase?

Post by chip56 » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 18:53

hmm. interesting. mine did buy at my HQ without it being assigned as homebase. At least if they were near enough it when they ran out.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 19:01

It's probably a setting at my HQ then. I have "Allow trading with other races = No", but it would be a pain to change that (NPC clogging docks etc) and I'm pretty sure my traders can still trade with the HQ.

atroces

Post by atroces » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 06:37

No, it is that satnet is just not scripted that way right now. It wouldn't be too hard to have it check HQ first, and also use HQ as a refuel point before Ecells run out, but we will have to see if they decide to do that.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 12. Jun 21, 18:16

atroces wrote:
Sat, 12. Jun 21, 06:37
No, it is that satnet is just not scripted that way right now. It wouldn't be too hard to have it check HQ first, and also use HQ as a refuel point before Ecells run out, but we will have to see if they decide to do that.
I think maybe you're right as my explorers are spamming the "no sattelites found" message [fixed 1.2] even when they are for sale at some Military Bases. It may be something to do with pathfinding through hostile territory, but I'm just going to try use larger ships to set up a network. They should be able to load enough satellites to do the whole universe in one load.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”