Question: no safe route

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Nuovo1

Question: no safe route

Post by Nuovo1 » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 16:50

hi, because when I give the command to the ship to go to a sector or dock it tells me (no safe route).
Thank you.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 13. Jun 21, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adjusted title to make it more informative

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Question

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 16:57

That's most likely a problem with the blacklist, i.e.there's one or more sectors in between which are blacklisted, so the autopilot does not find a safe route. Check the command console of your ship, you should have an option to ignore the blacklist there.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

RunGiantBoom
x4

Post by RunGiantBoom » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:12

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 16:57
That's most likely a problem with the blacklist, i.e.there's one or more sectors in between which are blacklisted, so the autopilot does not find a safe route. Check the command console of your ship, you should have an option to ignore the blacklist there.
The route is affected by all blacklisted sectors or only those that are blocked by the "block" type, but not by "avoid"?

atroces

Post by atroces » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:30

RunGiantBoom wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:12
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 16:57
The route is affected by all blacklisted sectors or only those that are blocked by the "block" type, but not by "avoid"?
Avoid means its the last choice, if there isn't a safe route. Block means it won't pass through ever.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Question: no safe route

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 19:03

yes if its set to avoid it will still travel through, only Block completely blocks it.

the same is true when trades will search for a destination. They will pick a station in an avoid sector, but only if there isn't any others, and ships will attempt to find another path around, unless there isn't one

Block will prevent your trade ships even looking in those sectors, and prevents any ships from trying to fly through them

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 19:45

I also have a "no safe route" problem. I'm trying to get a Khaak Scout I found back to my HQ, but the game keeps insisting there's no safe route for the fighter. I've parked it in station out of the way for now. I haven't set any blacklist beyond the default that comes with the game start.
I wish I could tell if it's because it'd have to cross Pirate sectors (rather negative rep) or because Xenon are lurking in some of the sectors along the way.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 19:50

The blacklist will not block sectors just because there are enemy ships in them.

The default settings for the blacklist is to block any race sectors that are enemy. So if you are enemy with pirates, your ships will never fly through pirate space.
you can change these settings in the Global Blacklist options, or set individual ships to ignore the blacklist

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 20:04

I see. I thought the global blacklist was like back in AP, allow everything until player decided otherwise. I set the ship to ignore blacklist and can plot a course home now. Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 21:22

It's not the same as the one in AP

In AP the blacklist was only for your mk3 traders, and it only blacklisted the sectors as thier target when searching for a trade route

In FL the blacklist applies to all of your ships, but also prevents ships from flying through those sectors too

The settings can be set per race or individual sectors, and you can set separate profiles for your ships

Nuovo1

Post by Nuovo1 » Tue, 22. Jun 21, 19:25

thank you

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”