Have I reached the end of the campaign?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

tatakau
x3tc

Have I reached the end of the campaign?

Post by tatakau » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 21:53

I was excited to see an officially endorsed X3 mod with a real campaign. But I'm wondering if I might have already reached the end of it:
Spoiler
Show
I just unlocked The Hub
Is that the end? Is there no more campaign or storyline?

Ramdat
x3ap

Re: Have I reached the end of the campaign?

Post by Ramdat » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 21:56

tatakau wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 21:53
There is more:
Spoiler
Show
After you build the first Transorbital Accelerator, the Explorers Guild offers a "Special Discovery" for 250k discovery points. Buy it to start the new plotline.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 22:11

Phew... I was a bit worried there haha.

Approximately what % of campaign and story missions have I completed at this point, would you say?

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 22:24

tatakau wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 22:11
Approximately what % of campaign and story missions have I completed at this point, would you say?
I am unsure on its total length. I have not completed the questline mentioned in my spoiler, as I've been waiting for the 1.2 patch. Perhaps another member can answer that for you.

However, from my understanding, only these two storylines exist. There are other scripted events which change the galaxy as you play, but they are not structured as a linear quest with dialogue like those two.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 22:31

Ramdat wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 21:56
tatakau wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 21:53
There is more:
Spoiler
Show
After you build the first Transorbital Accelerator, the Explorers Guild offers a "Special Discovery" for 250k discovery points. Buy it to start the new plotline.
er, um, :gruebel:
Spoiler
Show
X3FL v1.1 I got that plot without first building a TOA ... I just kept avoiding the main plot, (stopped after the duke fightout at the hub) doing other stuff. the special discovery was offered at a station by a explorer rep, so purchased it (have not followed up) The pilot mission guide for the main plot keeps saying "no time limit'' so wuz in no hurry, as I wanted to figure out how the blazes the Rep/Noteriety thing worked first ...
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 22:38

ThommoHawk wrote:
Sun, 13. Jun 21, 22:31
er, um, :gruebel:
Spoiler
Show
You should complete it. There is not much left to do after the fight, and the Hub is a useful tool.

In my game, the other plot was unlocked after claiming the first HSAP, rather than building the TOA. But, I heard it is a bug, and it is supposed to be unlocked after the TOA is built.

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 21:58

I was thinking the same such as where's the two aldrin sectors Segaris Megnir and Althes and sectors after Oort Cloud but as for these dead gates :? however I am looking at X3 FL as a pre-requel
[" thank you "]

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”