SO A-Bout Those Solar Power Plants [WORKAROUND]

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

phantomrock2
x4

SO A-Bout Those Solar Power Plants [WORKAROUND]

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 22:55

So as I sat here thinking, how to get these massive SPPs close enough to the NB in a crowded sector..? So I thought, ah :o did use the tractor beam in X3AP to pull asteroids closer to the complex? :) Being that I do not like to know folks are struggling and anguishing over getting something done and WHEN I know and/or find out how to get the JOB done I am all too happy to share how I did so. For I have heard that if the game is offering a mission it is in a probable manner of speaking thinks that it can be done. So let's say the player gets the SPP close to the NB and snaps to it with NUMBER 5 on the NUM PAD only to have the collision prevention measures come online. Well just drop the station close to the NB WITHOUT using 5 on the NUM PAD this will drop the SPP not too far from the NB. This was done with a SPP Medium and yes I have done this with a XL SPP in Pluto towards the top of the map. This is a very de-licate protocol and will test your wit and patience... So here we go:

1. One M6 equipped with one tractor beam although (some) M7s and (some) TLs can equip one it will be better in a crowded sector to use the M6
2. Get close to the SPP, I say a-bout 4KM 8) from the SPP and fire the TB laser and you will know it is locked on is when the laser has a green locked-on beam
3. Target the nav. beacon, I reckon ya won't have to go far since the SPPs are so massive and will be de-tected
4. Once the TB has a locked-on you will ONLY be able to reach the top speed of 80m/s
5. Start move ever so slow towards the navigational beacon you might want to do a QUICK-SAVE :wink: because if the SPP gets destroyed...
6. You can use SETA to move towards the NAV BEACON but watch that SPP :) :o
7. Keep a look out for the "MISSION COMPLETED" message if playing muted :P while moving or the "MC" chime-sound :wink:
8. Upon seeing/getting the "MISSION COMPLETED" message if you're playing muted or chime if not the TB should release from the targeted SPP in an automatic sense
9. Do not re-fire the TB laser (any more at) the SPP station you just towed closer, doing so will have very bad things happening

TB - Tractor Beam
SPP - Solar Power Plant
MC - Mission Completed
TL - Transport Large
NB - Navigational Beacon
[" thank you "]

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”