Existing complex production overview

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Novvak
x3ap

Existing complex production overview

Post by Novvak » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 23:28

Is there a way to inspect existing complex's ware production per hour, that includes the needed resources?
I'm thinking about a similar breakdown of resources and production that complex planner offers.

The idea is to make some changes to the complex I have already built - I was not playing around with XXL stations at the time, and now I see that it was a mistake, especially in the conext of ore and silicon mines.

If not, is there a web based complex calculator for X3FL?
I'm just thinking if this will be even worth all this extra micro management :mrgreen:

Ramdat
x3ap

Re: Existing complex production overview

Post by Ramdat » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 23:35

You could use the in-game complex planner to view that information. If you recreate the entire complex in the in-game planner, you can change aspects like the level of certain factories, see how it changes the production/consumption, and make changes accordingly.

Alternatively, there is a web-based tool.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 23:38

If you are using 1.2, just use the complex planner

Select the sector your complex Is in, then goto add existing stations and select your complex hub

This will add all the factories in you complex and allow you to add additional factories.

You can then use your own TL with build command software mk3 and extend your complex with the new factories

Novvak
x3ap

Post by Novvak » Mon, 14. Jun 21, 23:46

Thank you guys, this sounds great!
I'm playing on a stable version 1.1 for now, as I've noticed a warning not to migrate to Beta if there are claimed HSAPs without TOA built. They are quite expensive to produce so I have parked that idea for now.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 12:06

Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 14. Jun 21, 23:38
Select the sector your complex Is in, then goto add existing stations and select your complex hub
I thought I understood this, but the TL began dropping new stations to the center of the sector. When you say "select your complex hub", do you mean center the selection cross-hair on your complex hub? As in, the TL uses the selected location to align the new factories with the existing ones?

Specifically, the steps I took were:
Modify the blueprint for an existing complex in the editor
Run Build MK3 and select the modified complex plan from the list
Then selected a location in the sector where the old version of the complex was built

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 18. Jun 21, 12:13

you select the existing complex from within the complex planner menu, using the Add Existing Factory/Complex option.

you can do this either by opening the complex planner, creating a complex plan with the existing complex, then using the saved plan with the build complex command.
or if you run the build complex command you can create a new plan for the command itself

When you do the build complex command, there you need to select the location to place the complex, make sure you move the cursor over your existing complex if you want to build it in the same location.
this can also be used to move the complex to another area in the sector

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”