All your Jump Beacon are belong to me!

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: All your Jump Beacon are belong to me!

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 00:23

Wou wrote:
Fri, 25. Jun 21, 23:55
yeah, but is there a chance at all? Or is it totally invincible no matter what you throw at it
No idea, sry; however on second thoughts PBEs /may/ do better than IREs due to their faster fire rate, tho their increased hull dmg (even tho minimal) should be watched carefully..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 03:42

Cargo Bay shielding offers complete immunity to equipment damage as far as I can tell. I've taken capitals down top 12% hull with PBEs and didn't see any equipment loss.

If I see a Terran capital with protection equipment, I'll try to board it without frying anything and see if it works in FL.

Artificial

Post by Artificial » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 06:58

After 1.2 update some of rapid response ships spawns with builded-in CBS while some started to spawn without. I think, devs planned to completely remove that module from Rapid Response groups, but not finished that they started to do because not found all "tails".

Btw, after 1.2 it feels like some ships behaviour logic became broken for some ships a bit - M7D that devs added keep to became "freeze" time-to-time, partically (with awakaning time-to-time), or completely. Same problem for some M6 and TMs - for me it feels like 20% of universe just decided to stop. And M7Ms started to fly without missiles (while M8 hasn't that issue). Anybody have recipe how it might to be fixed? Killing half of galaxy not looks like adequate solution, and I not sure that it will help.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 09:40

Not sure killing them will solve the issue, i killed or made many of those ships killed and there are still as many around. So might be my bad luck but i don't think the new spawned ships are spared by this illness. I have also a salvager Chokaro that freeze a lot, it sees those mosquito missiles somewhere, jumps to them and freeze in front without ever collecting them. Sometime it freeze after collecting the wares, sometime it doesn't freeze and sometime he freeze before. Looks really random to me. But it seem it happens a lot more when ships are trying to resuply.

Artificial

Post by Artificial » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 11:00

Yeah, issue escalating. I recently found that even after being killed and replaced ships most of ships keeps to doing nothing. Few hours ago traveled thru Bala Gi's Joy and found sector overfilled with pirate M6s that did literally nothing. All M7D (except Yaki's) keeps to "afk" in the same systems or around that systems where they was killed/captured before. I literally facepalmed when in replacement for argon's M7D that forgot something in sector Eighteen Billion and was captured and destroyed by reverse engineering jumped another Gryphon and standed to "afk" in 2 or 3 kilometers from previoust one's position.

Also, found another weird thing - my ships started to forget tasks assigned to them. For example, Ocelot that I captured in first hours of game after command jump to me sometimes stops to do anything after finishing jump (it fixing with repeating command, but still). Also, I found that captured yaki's M7D that wasn't "afk" keeps to reset mouse control mode.

It feels that I should stop to play the game before (if) devs will make update fixing that bugs because it looks like game will collaps into "afking" soon if I will keep to play.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 02:51

I started a new game in 1.2 and have seen three Rapid Response ships with jump beacons so far. All of them had Cargo Shielding and strong marines, but they don't all have a full compliment of marines, nor do they have all the boarding protection equipments.

I found an M1 with Hull Polarizer but no Sentry Lasers so I damaged its hull a lot to minimize the Polarizer. After about 5 jumps, it seemed to stop running long enough to get the marines onboard. I only had about 24 marines and their skills were not great (3 to 5 star). About 8 died, but I got a beacon. It's kind of satisfying to make beacons so hard to obtain as you can get a real sense of accomplishment when you do.

I'm going to try a new strategy next time: quick-train a squad of marines in Mechanical (so they can get through the hull) and send them in as the first wave. Hopefully they'll take out some of the high level enemies before I send in the second wave with my good marines. Machiavelli would be impressed :shock: but I wouldn't do such a thing in the real world.

Borocco
x4

Post by Borocco » Mon, 30. Aug 21, 04:02

Midnightknight wrote:
Thu, 24. Jun 21, 00:20
Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 23. Jun 21, 22:05
boarding should actually be easier than Xenon. As you can do multiple attempts. Each attempt will kill off some of the defending marines making the next time easier.
with Xenon, that doesn't help, as the defence is essentially reset each time
Speaking of this i never understood what was the nature of the defense on Xenon ships. I boarded a Xenon P last time with 10 very well trained marines (They all had 90+ in fighting) and they almost all get killed in a few seconds. Even a sentry laser wouldn't do that, and the Xenon ship had none of theses improved defenses.

While we are speaking about boarding, there is also a few weirdness i really don't understand for a long time. Why all my marines suddenly dies when they fail to hack the computer or fail to breach the hull lol? I mean ok they have not the skill, so they abandon the task and come back. But no, 5 marines well trained sent, 4 dies simply cause they can't breach a hull while shields are still down. And it's the same for the core, they killed everyone inside, said all is clear and couldn't hack the core, so they suicide ..? It's really weird to me ^^
For capturing Xenon ships it requires two teams to be send to claim the ship.

If you send only one team of marines to the Xenon capital ship, they may fight through all the decks, but a script will kill them off.
To prevent the insta death of team one by the script you need to send in a 2nd team after team one starts to fight at least at deck 1.

This allows to send in low or cheap marines to trigger the capture and after a few seconds send in your elite marines that will "takeover"
the job. Still, many marines will die. For a Xenon Q i use 20 halftrained marines as cannon fodder, then i send 20 toptier marines as reinforcements
which results in 2-5 Elitemarines to be lost.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”