A few usefull tips (some spoliers too) for game-play.

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: A few usefull tips (some spoliers too) for game-play.

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 09:14

I can confirm that Nividium does sell from the PHQ. I can also confirm that your Nividium mine will also get regularily depleted if you set one up at the average price.

Mobile mined a full rock of Nividium and deposited in my HQ. Set to allow NPC traders and set it to sell. Within an hour it was gone and my PHQ had a good chunk of credits.
Had a mine in
Spoiler
Show
The Void Alpha
It got emptied regular.

A couple notes, I set my HQ to allow trading to build up a few resources. For some reason I set Crystals to storage only, NPC traders still sold it to my station depleting it's credits.

Also,

Station Managers exceed the mandates of the trade range. I have buy and sell both set to 2 sector range. They regularily send them out 3 sectors away into a pirate sector, "which I hate". I also saw in the notes that one of the updates was access to commands that station managers control, that is not the case for me. And my station manager will frequently send the traders through xenon fleets with me having no ability to stop, or get them safely away. Really annoying. I have to turn off the station manager, wait several minutes to regain control, and hope for the best.

I have also noted numerous fleet stalls where they sit in a system and not move. IE: Split M7 sitting at the W gate in Aladna Hill and not doing anything. I have never encountered any Khaak in any system. Weird seeing some people posting it. How long does it take for a faction to claim a HSAP? Once I unlocked a couple I saw it immediately claimed by Paranid or Boron. The paranid one was understandable, but the Boron one was connected to a pirate sector nowhere near Boron territory.

Tip: Bailed ship in one of these HSAP spots. Take a TM in. Also, the Hub will connect to the gates in them if they have one.

Lastly, dynamic relations suck. But they have no impact in the start zone. But what does bother me is the fact that I start as an Argon and when you complete the start, it resets your Boron rep and completely boosts your paranid. :?:

Question: How many times does it take to steal a blue print for a factory? I could really use the ability to make my own Chelt / Rastar Oil since the Split are my enemy.

Another "dumb" question: Why the heck does a Teladianium Foundry want me to return a Shrike when the stupid Teladi know full well the thing can't dock there. LMAO!! :twisted: I did enjoy selling it.

Hint: Great location for a factory.
Spoiler
Show
PTNI Headquarters Alpha - Sun Oil Refinery
I made a killing with this in a few hours. The only down side I had was the Xenon were using the Jump Beacon there to attack it frequently. And had to constantly replace my Satelite and protect my freighters all the time.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 21. Jul 21, 23:52

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 21. Jul 21, 09:14
Question: How many times does it take to steal a blue print for a factory? I could really use the ability to make my own Chelt / Rastar Oil since the Split are my enemy.
Lots: it depends upon your rep as well as your diplomat (spy)'s skill. Failed attempts will still increase the future success chance tho..
Another "dumb" question: Why the heck does a Teladianium Foundry want me to return a Shrike when the stupid Teladi know full well the thing can't dock there. LMAO!! :twisted: I did enjoy selling it.
Doesn't matter: all X3 series games have this odd & confusing issue. Simply take it to its destination & the popup will appear to turn over the ship's command: station docking ability is irrelevant
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 21:32

One tip I wish I'd known before starting was to pick the Teladi game start because the Advanced Kestrel is way faster than the Adv. Discoverer, so now I have to track one down if I can.

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Fri, 23. Jul 21, 22:47

Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 21:32
One tip I wish I'd known before starting was to pick the Teladi game start because the Advanced Kestrel is way faster than the Adv. Discoverer, so now I have to track one down if I can.
Yeah, it's a nice early game advantage. However, I think the normal Kestral which you can buy at shipyards is a little bit faster than the Advanced Kestral, but has weaker stats in other areas.

The Boron Arrow is way faster, at 1320 m/s. Or, the Argon Starburst at 1140m/s. They are relatively common patrol crafts in their space, so you can capture them through bailing.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 00:08

Ramdat wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 22:47
Sovereign01 wrote:
Fri, 23. Jul 21, 21:32
Yeah, it's a nice early game advantage. However, I think the normal Kestral which you can buy at shipyards is a little bit faster than the Advanced Kestral, but has weaker stats in other areas.

The Boron Arrow is way faster, at 1320 m/s. Or, the Argon Starburst at 1140m/s. They are relatively common patrol crafts in their space, so you can capture them through bailing.
Yes, however the Adv. Kestrel and the Enh. Jag are the two fastest ships that can equip a Jumpdrive due to having M cargo like the Disco. Both are in my ingame encyclopedia so I must have encountered at least one of each in the past. I've taken to dropping sats in Teladi sectors to see if I can find any, I'll do the same in Split ones, see if I can get lucky! :D

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 04:06

Snafu_X3 wrote:
Wed, 21. Jul 21, 23:52
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Lots: it depends upon your rep as well as your diplomat (spy)'s skill. Failed attempts will still increase the future success chance tho..
Doesn't matter: all X3 series games have this odd & confusing issue. Simply take it to its destination & the popup will appear to turn over the ship's command: station docking ability is irrelevant
I preferred to keep and sell it. I did that with a couple M3+ craft that they wanted me to return. The police give up after a little while if you keep it docked before they spawn. "Give me 1.8 million for returning it or sell for 10x." I'll accept that rep hit. Trying to get something M7 to appear in Paranid areas so I can drop my rep on purpose. They got me locked out with Argon who's ships I prefer. I did finally get the Rastar Refinery I was aiming at though. Took over 12 tries, and 1 captured / arrested spy. Now for the Chelt Aquarium.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 18:07

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 04:06
I did finally get the Rastar Refinery I was aiming at though. Took over 12 tries, and 1 captured / arrested spy. Now for the Chelt Aquarium.
As far as I can tell, it's more difficult to steal the blueprint for expensive stations. As such, you're better off stealing an M size Chelt/Rastar and then upgrading it. I'm doing a playthrough where I don't buy any stations, only build with blueprints, and it generally takes about 5 attempts to steal a blueprint and around 2 to buy it.
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
I preferred to keep and sell it. I did that with a couple M3+ craft that they wanted me to return. The police give up after a little while...
Another old tip for 'return ship' mission: take the claimed ship to an enemy sector (Yaki, Dukes etc) and cancel the mission. Destroy the police ships that show up a short while later for a nice reputation boost with the sector owner. The level of the police units appears to depend on the type of claimed ship as well as the class of the ship where it's docked. If you dock a claimed M3 on your M1, some stronger police units should show up for a better reputation boost.

Alternatively, if you can start reverse engineering the ship before the mission expires, you still get a little money from the mission and no reputation loss.

Ramdat
x3ap

Post by Ramdat » Sat, 24. Jul 21, 21:43

Hwitvlf wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 18:07
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 04:06
I did finally get the Rastar Refinery I was aiming at though. Took over 12 tries, and 1 captured / arrested spy. Now for the Chelt Aquarium.
As far as I can tell, it's more difficult to steal the blueprint for expensive stations. As such, you're better off stealing an M size Chelt/Rastar and then upgrading it. I'm doing a playthrough where I don't buy any stations, only build with blueprints, and it generally takes about 5 attempts to steal a blueprint and around 2 to buy it.
Yeah, it does seem to take more attempts the more expensive it is. I would suggest doing defense missions for the faction first, as ships spawned by the mission will give you the "Bounty Hunter" influence bonus, and completion of the mission typically give an agent too. Bounty Hunter temporarily reduces influence costs by 50%, and it can stack with other bonuses to get up to 75%. Since it effectively makes influence worth two to four times more, the L station requiring ~2x more attempts is less troublesome. Generally the easiest method to achieve the Bounty Hunter bonus is to go to a Xenon-adjecent sector, such as Zyarth's Dominion, and accept a Xenon Hold Position mission.

Stealing M blueprints for station types which already have L variants is much more expensive, plus the upgrade process adds more time and micromanagement. For example, the cost difference between an M and L Chelt Aquarium is only ~350k, but the upgrade kit costs ~3.2 million. Constructing the upgrade kit yourself is less expensive than buying it, but still more expensive than buying or constructing the L variant.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Sun, 25. Jul 21, 19:05

Ramdat wrote:
Sat, 24. Jul 21, 21:43
Stealing M blueprints for station types which already have L variants is much more expensive, plus the upgrade process adds more time and micromanagement. For example, the cost difference between an M and L Chelt Aquarium is only ~350k, but the upgrade kit costs ~3.2 million. Constructing the upgrade kit yourself is less expensive than buying it, but still more expensive than buying or constructing the L variant.
That's good info to have, but for me it's about real-world time verses game-world money. Money is easy to come by in FL whereas finding and using agents tends to be a grind. I don't picture most people trying to steal blueprints from friendly factions as it's easier to buy them, so getting a station defense mission to lower agent cost is not always feasible.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 00:14

Well I didn't get my Adv. Kestrel but I did get my Jag. Cost me a bit of Split rep to get one to bail but the upsides made up for it. I actually did end up getting an Arrow as one of the discoverable ships scattered about the universe so I claimed and docked it as I do with all my claimed ships. I finally managed to get myself a Split Elephant, once I finish kitting it out I'll send it out to collect all those ships for reverse engineering.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Wed, 4. Aug 21, 23:17

Hello all. If you are in combat or get attacked by bad guys and your shields go down, you can recharge them fast without using SETA.
Spoiler
Show
Bring up your info screen , use your "up" arrow to scroll up to the shields and hold it in the up position and your shields will start to recharge faster. You can also do it for another of your ships (ship has to be in sector with you).
stu
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 5. Aug 21, 07:35

Stu Austin wrote:
Wed, 4. Aug 21, 23:17
Hello all. If you are in combat or get attacked by bad guys and your shields go down, you can recharge them fast without using SETA.
Spoiler
Show
Bring up your info screen , use your "up" arrow to scroll up to the shields and hold it in the up position and your shields will start to recharge faster. You can also do it for another of your ships (ship has to be in sector with you).
Ha, that's a fun find, but I tested and I think it just forces the window to sample the shield status more often, but not regenerate faster. Normally the window is updated once a second, but pressing up re-samples the values several times in one second. :wink:

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”