Ozias

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

D8alus
x4

Ozias

Post by D8alus » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 02:32

What’s the purpose of docking a dozen TS ships on the Ozias? Can it use those ships to augment its storage or set up as traders??

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Ozias

Post by Sovereign01 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 04:32

D8alus wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 02:32
What’s the purpose of docking a dozen TS ships on the Ozias? Can it use those ships to augment its storage or set up as traders??
While you could haul an insane amount of cargo if you loaded it up with owls, the answer is mining- load that thing up with a dozen Mistrals or Geochen miners, equip them with the mobile drilling system and mining command software and send it to mine nividium asteroids. Even the lowest-yield roids will take hours to even fill the cargo hold never mind gathering all the minerals it has, especially with a dozen miners but it's the best way to get large quantities of Nividium. Best done OOS. :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 07:55

D8alus wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 02:32
Think of it also as a pre-cursor ship to the Aran. Same basic principal, but with TP / TS class ships only. Aran docks anything, including another Aran. (Unless the creators changed that from AP to FL).

Afore mentioned use is obviously for a mining fleet. Best use IMHO so far. But other uses can also include a mobile base, massive cargo hauler, ability to dock to PHQ with all those ships docked for storage purposes. It's multi-use and multi-role. Downside... does not allow TM's. No biggie though. Just keep it guarded if you plan to leave it somewhere slightly dangerous to you.

Plus if you plan to move large numbers of wares, this will let you do so using a single jump drive instead of multiple on several ships at once. Ore and Silicon are very heavy. Somehow I acquired 30k units of ore at my HQ, I need to move that first so I can move my HQ. And the Ozias has better speed movement wise than some of the heavier TS class transports. If you plan to move around used bought ships of TS / TP class. This is the best way. Even bailed (ahem ahchDuke) Athena's. :D
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

ex-deathevn

Post by ex-deathevn » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 22:04

A more niche idea that I've made extreme use out of, assuming you:
Spoiler
Show
Don't want to trigger Xenon or Khaak spawns by building your first or more TOA
Something I've done in my game is use an Ozias to transport several TS ships to an unclaimed sector that I've test-visited a few times, in my case it's Shining Currents Beta. I have no hostile NPC spawns there without an active TOA connection so nothing has hassled my hidden factory complexes (plural, I've isolated weapons plants based on race) and unloaded the TS fleet there to haul energy from a powerplant station to the rest.

Probably a silly idea when I could just build a large fleet and set up a defensive net, but I've left that sector completely isolated for the entirety of my game thus far and only go back to pick up guns and shields for separate storage Ozias ships, where I warehouse my equipment separately for later use or sale, but I've enjoyed having it hidden while I murder my reputation with most races while working on Pirate or Yaki rep to blueprint every ship in the game.

Additionally the Ozias carries enough docking clamps to carry an Owl holding a single ware type for ship manufacture, so it's somewhere to dump excess cargo if you ever need to relocate the Headquarters - Which I've had to do on a few occasions.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 04:53

ex-deathevn wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 22:04
Spoiler
Show
Something I've done in my game is use an Ozias to transport several TS ships to an unclaimed sector that I've test-visited a few times, in my case it's Shining Currents Beta. I have no hostile NPC spawns there without an active TOA connection so nothing has hassled my hidden factory complexes (plural, I've isolated weapons plants based on race) and unloaded the TS fleet there to haul energy from a powerplant station to the rest.

Probably a silly idea when I could just build a large fleet and set up a defensive net, but I've left that sector completely isolated for the entirety of my game thus far and only go back to pick up guns and shields for separate storage Ozias ships, where I warehouse my equipment separately for later use or sale, but I've enjoyed having it hidden while I murder my reputation with most races while working on Pirate or Yaki rep to blueprint every ship in the game.

Additionally the Ozias carries enough docking clamps to carry an Owl holding a single ware type for ship manufacture, so it's somewhere to dump excess cargo if you ever need to relocate the Headquarters - Which I've had to do on a few occasions.
I've relocated it once, to the hub. Makes it easier to use than being in the ass end of nowhere and means traders have a far easier time of buying my Nividium :lol:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 04:01

ex-deathevn wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 22:04
Spoiler
Show

Pretty sure the fix to that is to build a Trading Dock to claim the sector.

I have:
Spoiler
Show
Dark Water beta and Nathan's Voyage beta.
I have not had a single attack in either sector. But I do have trading stations and have claimed both.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:35

In case anyone is interested to know, it took over 15 minutes for my drones to repair the Aran. :lol:

I used both my Guppy and Griffin to do it OOS.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 03:05

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:35
In case anyone is interested to know, it took over 15 minutes for my drones to repair the Aran. :lol:

How many drones did each ship have? My M7Ds only have the 4 they started with due to chips being the bottleneck.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 05:23

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 03:05
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 02:35

How many drones did each ship have? My M7Ds only have the 4 they started with due to chips being the bottleneck.
Griffin - 9 (3 Regular and 6 Extended)
Guppy - 11 Extended

All were deployed.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 12:28

Sovereign01 wrote:
... due to chips being the bottleneck.
Recycling some boarded M7 Carracks (at 100%) gives you more than 500 microchips each. Fastest way to collect them imho.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 15:58

DanKara wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 12:28
Sovereign01 wrote:
... due to chips being the bottleneck.
Recycling some boarded M7 Carracks (at 100%) gives you more than 500 microchips each. Fastest way to collect them imho.
I definitely need to get everything I can from the pirates before ruining my rep boarding their ships. I'm going to have to board at least one Brigantine I think.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 02:39

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 15:58

I definitely need to get everything I can from the pirates before ruining my rep boarding their ships. I'm going to have to board at least one Brigantine I think.
Stealing apparently just takes multiple cycles of gathering influence and using it. I managed to steal the IBL plans while in Red 3. Now, I have no more need to maintain good relations with them.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 02:48

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 02:39
Sovereign01 wrote:

Stealing apparently just takes multiple cycles of gathering influence and using it. I managed to steal the IBL plans while in Red 3. Now, I have no more need to maintain good relations with them.
I need to check which pirate ships I already have the plans for and purchase the ones I lack, the only other thing I need from them is the system override software which I am in the process of acquiring.

dion_b
x3tc

Post by dion_b » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 18:32

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 02:39
Sovereign01 wrote:

How? When I try to steal plans, I can do it fine with race shipyards, but I can't select any of the pirate ones, specifically not The Marauder where I obviously want to steal stuff ...

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 19:50

dion_b wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 18:32

How? When I try to steal plans, I can do it fine with race shipyards, but I can't select any of the pirate ones, specifically not The Marauder where I obviously want to steal stuff ...
First, check if you're facing heavy penalties for being too hostile to the Pirates. Double click on their influence bar to what the penalties are and how long are they in effect. Try again after the penalty is over.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 17:49

In addition to what has been mentioned (mining, retrieving damaged TS from hostile sectors), I found the Ozias to be the best ship for moving/adding to a complex because of it's speed. Cargo space doesn't seem to matter but speed makes a huge difference in how long the complex is down.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 19:29

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 17:49
In addition to what has been mentioned (mining, retrieving damaged TS from hostile sectors), I found the Ozias to be the best ship for moving/adding to a complex because of it's speed. Cargo space doesn't seem to matter but speed makes a huge difference in how long the complex is down.
The Elephant is faster and is the TL I use for station-building missions. The Pirate and Yaki TLs are faster still but more difficult to get hold of.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 02:51

Hwitvlf wrote:
Cargo space doesn't seem to matter but speed makes a huge difference in how long the complex is down.
The Terran Atmospheric Lifter is just 0.1 m/s slower but has a cargo bay 30000 units larger. Big enough to often fit one extra station.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 8. Dec 21, 03:24

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 8. Dec 21, 02:51
Hwitvlf wrote:
Cargo space doesn't seem to matter but speed makes a huge difference in how long the complex is down.
The Terran Atmospheric Lifter is just 0.1 m/s slower but has a cargo bay 30000 units larger. Big enough to often fit one extra station.
As soon as I have the marines it's one of the first things on my shopping list :D

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 12:53

Sovereign01 wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 19:29
Hwitvlf wrote:
The Elephant is faster and is the TL I use for station-building missions. The Pirate and Yaki TLs are faster still but more difficult to get hold of.
I just got the Ryu from the explorers guild. :D I can finally build a TL. Yay!! Just gotta wait..... 7 hours.... is this Cobra done yet? Geez...... :lol:
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”