[BUG still in 1.3?] Rare Blueprint Collecter? Master Collector?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

DanKara
x4

[BUG still in 1.3?] Rare Blueprint Collecter? Master Collector?

Post by DanKara » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 18:38

How many blueprints are there?
In total I have now 688 blueprint (including stations, kits, weaoins, other stuff ...)
On ships I have:

M1/M1+ = 13
M2/M2+ = 16
M7/M7M/M7D = 15+9+7=31
M6/M6+ = 31
M8 = 7
M3 = 65
M4/Drone = 48+7=55
M5 = 41
Battle =259

TL = 10
TM = 11
TP/TP+ = 19
TS = 53+1=54
GO = 1
Traders =95
Total 354

I have a blueprint for every ship I know in- and outside of the game - atleast I thought so but now hope otherwise.
I'm desperate enough to: Please, can anybody help? DEV's?
:cry:
Last edited by DanKara on Fri, 26. Nov 21, 04:32, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [BUG?] Rare Blueprint Collecter? Master Collector?

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 9. Nov 21, 15:53

Its most likely missing the UFO, as its looking for all ships that can be spawned by jobs, which includes the UFO

i will look at fixing it for the 1.3 full release

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 9. Nov 21, 16:56

What the UFO is ingame - and buildable (and thus claimable)? ... and shouldn't the UFO-blueprint have been offered by the Explorer Guild? I did look there for some time as a means of control for missing blueprints?

What (the second) there will be another patch! Very exited!

Would you be so kind and take a look at the scanning-jobs by police / borderpatrol / custom-forces too? The only scans I get are from Goner-customs (but that every time I pick their TL) so still no luck on SNEAKY. For other factions these officials seem to always leave the sector I am in (asside from kissing asteroids :mrgreen: ).

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Tue, 9. Nov 21, 17:58

The UFO isn't claimable and I don't think there is a blueprint for it.

If it is included in the blueprint list for the achievement then that's just an oversight, one that you thankfully spotted just in time for the surprise patch :)

I'm still a little bit away from finishing the reverse engineering of the final capitals and when I saw your post I became very worried because your blueprint count for ships matches exactly what my tracking spreadsheet says I will have when I finish.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 07:49

Deathifier wrote:
Tue, 9. Nov 21, 17:58
your blueprint count for ships matches exactly what my tracking spreadsheet says.
Thank you for confirming my numbers! I've only yet have seen/realized that part of your post.
Even so, I'm interested in sharing & comparing trackinglists (need advice where/how) because there may still be ship(s) in hiding and my list is not 100% identical to what the gamefiles or external sources offer.

I would also like to see, if "Rare Collector" unlocks for you (or other) to see if its bugged in general or only in my game.

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 15:09

DanKara wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 07:49
Thank you for confirming my numbers! I've only yet have seen/realized that part of your post.
Even so, I'm interested in sharing & comparing trackinglists (need advice where/how) because there may still be ship(s) in hiding and my list is not 100% identical to what the gamefiles or external sources offer.

I would also like to see, if "Rare Collector" unlocks for you (or other) to see if its bugged in general or only in my game.
I turned the ship list on Roguey's site into a spreadsheet and added some columns for info and added some missing ships (Pirate Ship, Goner Ranger, maybe some others).
Then I cross-reference it with the in-game ship comparison tool once I think I've finished everything for a race, and I ignore the various ships and weapon platforms that I know I can't get.

I'm pretty sure if you play long enough and visit enough places your in-game ship list will be complete and you can capture all of the ships (the pirates in particular fly a huge range of stuff) except the #deca special spawned fighters and the blueprints which are spawned behind HSAP's at game start (esp. on v1.2 or later, which will guarantee they all spawn).

So odds are good that you have all the ships you are supposed to have and it's an issue with the achievement condition trigger checking for something you can't get and aren't supposed to get (e.g. the UFO).

I just did a quick test with the script editor and added discovery points to buy my missing blueprints with.
I couldn't buy the blueprint for the Hyperion Vanguard, so I capped and RE'd that, and I got the common blueprint trigger (achievements trigger when modified, but don't unlock on Steam) but not the rare blueprint trigger.

I then tried to add the blueprint for the UFO blueprint to the headquarters via script which worked and triggered the rare collector achievement, but didn't go on and trigger the "Master Collector" achievement even though I had triggered the other's as follows:
Special Blueprint collector: Long ago, getting the #deca and other "Unknown" race ships.
Common Blueprint collector: When I purchased all of the capital ship blueprints I was missing.
Industrial Collector: When I cycled what I think may have been a couple hundred times through an Explorers Guild contact that kept reappearing in the same station, buying the station blueprints I was missing along the way.
Rare Blueprint Collector: When I added the UFO blueprint to the station via script command "add blueprints to player HQ: type = <>" (there are two such commands, I used the one that does not require a RefObj).

For numbers it looks like if you have all station + ship blueprints you should have 686, and when I added the UFO I had 687.

For fun I did try producing a UFO however on completion it was docked at the HQ (in the hangar) yet not under my control or even visible in the landed ship list.

So Cycrow was correct - the UFO is the culprit, however it seems like the "Master Collector" achievement is also broken.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 16:50

Deathifier wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 15:09
Many, many thanks for taking the time and filling me in.
Yes the Special, Common and Industrial Collectors I have already unlocked.

The UFO I did script in via ScriptEditor as a newship, owned by me (but it wasn't mine). Adding ships is as far as my non-existing "scripting"-ability goes.
I tried to add blueprints to my HQ too. That scipt command "add blueprints to player HQ" I knew of (seen in some scripts of one X2-ilumintus for X3R :P ) but haven't found it in the ScriptEditor.

... And my beloved Hyperion is only "common"?
Well there goes my working thesis, that "Rare" includes not only "advanced", "enhanced" and "prototyp" but also all the otherwise "unbuyables". My second to last blueprints was the Walhalla, I think I've got "Common" before that (but it's two month since). I took my time placing TOA's and my Paranids took even longer to place the TOA in Dukes Citadel.

... And not unlocking "Master Collector"?
It would be exceptional weird if buying (or stealing) a station-blueprint as the last one granting Industrial but voiding Master? Would that happen too if a RE'ed ship were the last? With some help (adding the UFO-blueprint) I will test it in my save before the Aran is finished.
Edit: found the command, will test

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 17:36

DanKara wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 16:50
Many, many thanks for taking the time and filling me in.
Yes the Special, Common and Industrial Collectors I have already unlocked.

The UFO I did script in via ScriptEditor as a newship, owned by me (but it wasn't mine). Adding ships is as far as my non-existing "scripting"-ability goes.
I tried to add blueprints to my HQ too. That scipt command "add blueprints to player HQ" I knew of (seen in some scripts of one X2-ilumintus for X3R :P ) but haven't found it in the ScriptEditor.
To find commands, when you get to the window where you have to choose a command to add, open "all commands" and then in the top-right is a little magnifying glass icon which is for search.

Once I found that handy little button it got a lot easier to find commands :)
DanKara wrote:
... And my beloved Hyperion is only "common"?
Well there goes my working thesis, that "Rare" includes not only "advanced", "enhanced" and "prototyp" but also all the otherwise "unbuyables". My second to last blueprints was the Walhalla, I think I've got "Common" before that (but it's two month since). I took my time placing TOA's and my Paranids took even longer to place the TOA in Dukes Citadel.
No, it is rare, it was the last real ship I had to acquire.
Common unlocked after the remaining M1 and M2 blueprints were acquired (some Terran and ATF) but before I went and capped the Hyperion (Paranid are one of my highest rep races so I was hoping to get that blueprint from the Explorers Guild), but I think on my first attempt it unlocked common before I acquired the blueprint for the Valhalla.

I'd say "common" is anything you can buy and 'rare" is probably anything you can't.
DanKara wrote:
... And not unlocking "Master Collector"?
It would be exceptional weird if buying (or stealing) a station-blueprint as the last one granting Industrial but voiding Master? Would that happen too if a RE'ed ship were the last? With some help (adding the UFO-blueprint) I will test it in my save before the Aran is finished.
I'd expect achievements relying on other achievements to function fairly simply - a prerequisite achievement triggers due to your actions, then that triggers a check for the other achievement which should only care about the status of the prerequisite achievements and not what you are doing in-game or how you got them.

It could be that the second check is not taking place or it could be checking Steam and not local achievements, but then it'd be a bit hard to test.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 18:12

Testing done ---- but don't know what do with that;

Test1:
I ran my "add_blueprint"-script in my current main game (Aran already finished)
-> got the message "Rare Collector" unlocked (locally), with that ingame achievements for Common, Special, Industrial and Rare are shown in yellow colors
-> got no message about master, still showing 3/4-progress

Test2:
I loaded an earlier save (30min to go for Aran) and ran my "add_blueprint"-script.
-> got the message "Rare Collector" unlocked (locally), with that ingame achievements for Common, Special, Industrial and Rare are shown in yellow colors
-> got no message about master, still showing 3/4-progres
-> after that blueprint for the Aran gets eventually finished - nothing changes
Does that mean the Aran is neither Common nor Rare?

? Of all things I haven't expected that ?
(Will put some screenshots into my steam-profile)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2651826336
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2651827068
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2651828210

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 18:22

DanKara wrote:
To find commands easier, you can goto the "All Commands" cateogory.
this is a list of all the commands in a single menu.

then use the search filter (SHIFT+F) to type in part of the command name to filter the list

the search filter can be used in most menus in the game, including most of the ones in the script editor too

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 18:26

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 18:22
Thank you, Cycrow for another worthy hint.

I just went the easy way of "all commands" and reading/scroling, reading/scroling...

(Edit: While cleaning out typos I did repost my self, deleted that)

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sat, 13. Nov 21, 15:44

So ... I did some more testing. Done in "Steam - modified" and "NO-Steam-modified" with a fresh Paranid-sandbox-Start (Hyperion one).
I am very sure about wich ship goes in wich category (Common, Rare, Special) - [Edit] please replace "very" with "fairly"...

Sidenote 1: In my "NO-Steam-modified"-Test were unlocking of any of those Collector-achievements in the progess-bar for Master Collector not shown.

Sidenote 2: The ARAN is not needed for any "Collector"

Special Blueprint Collector:
- 5 ships - only Aldrin- and Deca-ships
- no suprise there

Rare Blueprint Collector:
- 39 ships + UFO
- All Dplomacy-ships (except Guppy, Advanced Baracuda)
- Prototyps for Mercury, Vulture, Demeter, Tukan, Scorpion, Asp, Nova
- Advanced for Express, Eclipse
- Enhanced for Mercury, Kea
- [Edit] Vanguard (not Raider) for Kite, Hyperion

Common Blueprint Collector:
- 309 ships - all the rest [Edit] minus some
- including non-buyables like Walhalla, Maru, Xenon, Kha'ak, Starbust, Arrow, Tukan-Freighter and some more M3-M5.
- [Edit] no: Wahlhalla, Maru, Atmo-TL are neither Commen nor Rare

So (5+39+309)=353 ships +1xARAN = 354 (my number from the first post).

With the upcomming Patch 1.3 the UFO will be deleted from the Rare-list.
But, if there is no retroactive checking for the rest, I think many of us are busted (because the other "Rares" are easy to get and reengineered long since).
:oops:
Last edited by DanKara on Sat, 13. Nov 21, 20:19, edited 2 times in total.

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sat, 13. Nov 21, 15:55

Don't know if I'm doing this right, don't know if my german script is useable with other languages...
...but this is my script for the "Rare Blueprint Collector":

Code: Select all

<![CDATA[
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Unbekanntes Objekt

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Verbesserte Version Discoverer
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Amun Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Schwerer Zentaur Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Greif

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Erweiterte Version Mako
  *add blueprints to player HQ: type=Verbesserte Version Barrakuda
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Schwere Hydra Prototyp
  *add blueprints to player HQ: type=Guppy

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Verbesserte Version Harpyie
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Falke Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Schwalbe
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Kormoran

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Erweiterte Version Perikles
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Verbesserte Version Perseus
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Agamemnon
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Ariadne

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Erweiterte Version Jaguar
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Verbesserte Version Mamba
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Gepard Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Panther

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Rapier Angreifer
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Machete Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Katana Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Maccana

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Verbesserte Version Chokaro
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Verbesserte Version Fujin
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Susanowa Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Kariudo

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Merkur Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Geier Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Demeter Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Tukan Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Skorpion Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Aspis Prototyp
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Nova Prototyp

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Verbesserte Version Express
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Verbesserte Version Eklipse

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Erweiterte Version Merkur
  add blueprints to player HQ: type=Erweiterte Version Kea

*add blueprints to player HQ: type=Erweiterte Version Schwerer Drache

add blueprints to player HQ: type=Milan Angreifer

*add blueprints to player HQ: type=Aran
  *add blueprints to player HQ: type=Kyoto
  *[PLAYERSHIP] ->add blueprints to player HQ: type=Colossus
  return null
]]>

Deathifier
xr

Post by Deathifier » Sat, 13. Nov 21, 18:34

Interesting results, I expected the diplomacy ships in the rare category and the Hyperion, the others seem a little random, however other than the UFO they're all out there to obtain.

Regarding it being fixed in the patch, I'm sure the dev's will add a check somewhere along the way - maybe in the version update process that I think runs when you load an older save in a newer version.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 13. Nov 21, 18:38

There's a Hyperion Raider and you can capture the Kha'ak M6 and up?

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sat, 13. Nov 21, 19:43

Jimmy C wrote:
Sat, 13. Nov 21, 18:38
There's a Hyperion Raider and you can capture the Kha'ak M6 and up?
Sorry, my fault because ... Language
- I meant the Hyperion (there's only one, have trouble to seperate Vanguard and Raider -variants with their german counterparts)
- With "Kha'ak" I referred to the LFL-finds for M6-blueprint, and M5,4,3-ships (have not tried to board a M6, don't expect that possible)

- I made more mistakes on "Common"
- Wahlhalla, MARU, Atmo-TL are not needed for "Common".
- Some more "Unbuyables" (that are not Diplomacy) are neither in Common nor Rare (easy to make mistakes between the 4+ scipts I used) but some are Rare
[Will edit previous post]

DanKara
x4

Re: [BUG still in 1.3?] Rare Blueprint Collecter? Master Collector?

Post by DanKara » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 04:28

So... Patch 1.3 is live. I am full of hope.
Patch notes contain no hint regarding RARE and MASTER Collector. I start to daubt.

Started my MainGame. Last ship blueprint gets completted (ARAN) - still neither RARE nor MASTER.
In my MainGame I run my "add rare blueprints"-script: without UFO still no RARE / with UFO unlocking RARE (but not MASTER)

Testwise I started a NewGame in 1.3 (once again ParanidExcellency)
Run my "add rare blueprints"-script: without UFO no RARE / with UFO unlocking locally the achievement for RARE Blueprint Collector (but not MASTER)

I am left disappointed.
Well... on the good side I think we can expect a future 1.4-patch (?) :gruebel:

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 01:37

DanKara wrote:
Fri, 26. Nov 21, 04:28
So... Patch 1.3 is live. I am full of hope.
Patch notes contain no hint regarding RARE and MASTER Collector. I start to daubt.

Started my MainGame. Last ship blueprint gets completted (ARAN) - still neither RARE nor MASTER.
In my MainGame I run my "add rare blueprints"-script: without UFO still no RARE / with UFO unlocking RARE (but not MASTER)

Testwise I started a NewGame in 1.3 (once again ParanidExcellency)
Run my "add rare blueprints"-script: without UFO no RARE / with UFO unlocking locally the achievement for RARE Blueprint Collector (but not MASTER)

I am left disappointed.
Well... on the good side I think we can expect a future 1.4-patch (?) :gruebel:
I'm sure they will notice it. Might have to bring it up directly with one of them though. Try reaching out PM if they don't see or respond to it. Given what they fixed in this patch, I'd imagine they will fix more eventually. The Patrol software is bugged as well last I checked. And hopefully a 1.4 patch doesn't break anything previously fixed. Have faith. 8)
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 14:02

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 01:37
... Try reaching out PM if they don't see or respond to it. ...
... Have faith.
Thank You! I have already contacted CYCROW and he was kind enough to answer. In short:
“UFO-blueprint is removed in next Patch… If there is a next patch”

Yet there was/is no word about such a fix being retroactive.
And with X4 “Tides of Avarice” and that other rumored “next X 2022”-game in the making, EGOSOFT-personnel may not find the extra time needed to patch FL…

DanKara
x4

Post by DanKara » Sat, 12. Mar 22, 13:08

In my current game, started shortly before 1.3 dropped, I have once again more than 680 blueprints.
This time around I left one of each class out on purpose, so I could unlock the achievements for Rare, Common and Industrial after a potential patch 1.4 drops.

Purely out of curiosity I added the UFO-blueprint via the Script Editor once again. Much to my suprise the 'Collector of rare blueprints' unlocked (locally) in that modified game. I did some more testing and it became obvious, that I included (much) to many ships in that category. The shortened list include (only):

- Heavy Centaur Prototype (Argon Diplo-3)
- Agamemnon (Paranid Diplo-3)
- Enhanced Jaguar (Split Diplo-1)
- Acinonyx Prototype (Split Diplo-3)

- Mercury Prototype (unbuyable)
- Vulture Prototype (unbuyable)
- Demeter Prototype (unbuyable)
- Toucan Prototype (unbuyable)
- Scorpion Prototype (unbuyable)
- Asp Prototype (unbuyable)
- Nova Prototype (unbuyable)
- Advanced Express (unbuyable)
- Advanced Eclipse (unbuyable)
- Enhanced Mercury (unbuyable)
- Enhanced Kea (unbuyable)
- Kite Vanguard (unbuyable)

- Unknown Object (UFO)
(16 ships + 1 UFO)

There is still a measure of uncertainty to it, as at times / loaded savefiles I also needed the Falcon-Prototyp and/or the Hyperion.
If anyone is interested in further testing, I uploaded my simple script here: https://www.file-upload.net/download-14 ... d.xml.html
(Download it, copy it to ...\X3TC...\addon2\scripts, start a (new) game, activate ScriptEditor, run this script.)

@CYCROW, @DEVS:
Is it possible to not delete the UFO from the list of needed blueprints, but instead add a fixed / random mission, that offers the UFO-blueprint for sale or reward?
Don't think I will ever find the energy to start this for third time...
Last edited by DanKara on Tue, 22. Mar 22, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”