Complex planning

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Complex planning

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 00:33

I do have the MK III software, it's not the whole complex that needs moving just the power generating part and the hub inside the roid mine. For some reason the atmo lifter I used could pick up the far-flung FBC forge instantly but not the SPPs (and complex hub) which it wanted to physically travel to. To collect the hub meant giving the pack order then going OOS so it didn't die getting close enough to pick it up. Looks like I'll be sending my Adv. Kestrel out there with a JB after all. I didn't know you could connect more than one station at a time though, that's good to know.

EDIT: There has to be something else going on, for some reason if I pick up the complex hub to try and rebuild the complex I'm only able to connect about 20 of the hundreds of factories regardless of which ones I pick. Surely it can't be a placement issue as Hephaistos packed them together when building them so you'd expect the majority of the factories near one of the ones in the initial complex to be available but nada. Same is true of the SPPS. Instead of the stack they had been placed in I put them in a nice 6 x 5 grid, spacing them 10km apart because I thought that since the original hub had to be moved anyway and the farthest SPPs weren't that far beyond I should be able to connect everything at once but nope, same problem. I'm starting to think I should have just left the whole thing alone after all.

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Complex planning

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 23:55

Well that was pretty hellish, managed to connect all the factories using a combination of both types of kits creating multiple hubs before joining them all together into one. Still fine tuning because I had two 25MJ shield factories when I only needed one so had to disable it and one of the food factories supplying it unless I find something else I want to build instead.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”