Need Help with Control Setup

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

chaoseclipse
x4

Need Help with Control Setup

Post by chaoseclipse » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 12:05

I used to play X3TC and AP a long time ago. I remember I had my stuff set up and didn't have much in the way of issues. But now that I'm coming back since like 2018, I can't for the life of me remember how I got my Joystick, Throttle, and Rudder Pedal to all work together.

For reference, I have:

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (F-16) Flight Stick
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle
Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal

Right now, if I select the Joystick, the Throttle and Rudders won't work. Even when I try to bind key presses to something on the Throttle Cluster, X3 doesn't even recognize I'm pressing buttons on the Throttle Cluster to set a Keybind.

And yes, I do have the drivers installed and I know they work.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally remembered. My dumb ass forgot the T.A.R.G.E.T. software was a thing for Thrustmaster products. Got it programmed and now it's working. Anyone else that comes across this looking for a solution, remember this game only allows the use of a single controller at a time, so you're going to have to use some kind of Joystick remapper software to combine multiple controllers together to make a Virtual Joystick.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Need Help with Control Setup

Post by Terre » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 19:39

In the past I've used Joystick Gremlin to configure virtual joysticks.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

chaoseclipse
x4

Re: Need Help with Control Setup

Post by chaoseclipse » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 22:24

Terre wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 19:39
In the past I've used Joystick Gremlin to configure virtual joysticks.
Yeah, I had completely forgotten about Virtual Joysticks being a thing for a few hours. Once I remembered that Thrustmaster's T.A.R.G.E.T. Software is meant for generating Thrustmaster specific Virtual Joysticks for their products, I managed to get everything to work correctly how I used to.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”