Hostile ships spawning in unclaimed sectors?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fireanddream
xr

Hostile ships spawning in unclaimed sectors?

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 15:07

To clarify I'm not talking about the sectors accessible via HSAP. I'm talking about two vanilla unclaimed sectors, one east of Legend's Home and one west of Xenon Sector 534.

The one next to Legend's Home will have Xenon ships coming through the gate every once in a while. They don't technically spawn out of thin air but jumped from somewhere else to the sector. Since my satellite gave no warning and given how unlikely they are to migrate all the way through the OTAS sectors, I'm guessing they jumped into the sector for some reason.

The one west of XS534 has a duke's freighter hanging out doing absolutely nothing. I killed it, it came back, I left it alone. Any reason/deep lore for these two scenarios?

ITFUncleDave
x3fl

Re: Hostile ships spawning in unclaimed sectors?

Post by ITFUncleDave » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 11:01

This also happens in my game and it's really irritating, as I wanted to set up some factories in the sector east of Legend's Home. They don't leave the sector very often but every time I clear it out they just come back.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Hostile ships spawning in unclaimed sectors?

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 19:03

A little note, the satellites don't give notifications for these sector's. I currently have on in UCS - XS534. If I turn on notifications with it and have it report anything, it does not pick up the 2 dukes that sit in there for me. In fact I discovered that when I had it on, it completely disabled the audible warning system altogether. I actually think it had to do with this> I had one also in Duke's Citadel Beta and Sanctuary of Darkness, both monitoring in case hostiles spawned while I was trying to mine them out. Once I removed those satellites, the warning system began functioning again.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”