Closest shipyards to gates for station upgrade kits

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sovereign01
x4

Closest shipyards to gates for station upgrade kits

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 20:48

When I started building complexes I realised that when there are many factories that need upgrading, the bottleneck was how quickly TLs could reach shipyards to collect kits and therefore finding the ones that transports could get to quickly OOS was most efficient. With that in mind, here are the findings as well as what race they belong to and what size kits are in question, bearing in mind each race only makes two kits except the Terrans who with the ATF make all four. Sectors with * denote jump beacons:

Small
Elysium of Light (Goner)
Rhy's Crusade/Family Pride Alpha* (Split)

Medium
Depths of Silence/Lucky Planets Alpha* (Boron)
Rhy's Crusade/Family Tkr* (Split)

Large
Kingdom End Alpha* (Boron)
Heaven's Assertion/Paranid Prime Alpha* (Paranid)

Extra Large
Heaven's Assertion (Paranid)
Grand Exchange Alpha (Teladi)

At first glance, the Argon get the short straw however the in-game encyclopedia classifies the one sold from the Goner Wharf as an Argon product. And if you want your complex upgrading quickly to XL and you're not on good terms with the Paranid, you're SOL! :lol:
Last edited by Sovereign01 on Wed, 19. Jan 22, 17:11, edited 2 times in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Closest shipyards to gates and beacons for station upgrade kits

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 23:37

the jump beacons are actually randomly placed, so they wont be the same in everyones games.

Also, you are missing the XL kit from Grand Exchange Alpha (one of the few alpha sectors with a jump gate)

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 01:18

Cycrow wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 23:37
the jump beacons are actually randomly placed, so they wont be the same in everyones games.

Also, you are missing the XL kit from Grand Exchange Alpha (one of the few alpha sectors with a jump gate)
I had a feeling that might be the case, which is why I included sectors with the gates close to the shipyards except with the Boron L kits- none of the shipyards that sell those are in sectors with gates, necessitating beacons only. I'll amend the list- the Boron really got the short straw on this one.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 06:13

The JBs are random. Last game I had one in Great Reef alpha, but none in Kingdom End so I got my stations from the former.

Yesterday I issued a jump & dock command to my TL and it crawled all the way from Great Reef beta, and also I noticed the presence of a JB in Kingdom End alpha, time to do the opposite I guess.

Sovereign01
x4

Re: Closest shipyards to gates for station upgrade kits

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 17:27

That's why I distinguished the JB ones with * and included those without, does this mean that the random element is with regards to not only each beacon's location in the sector, but actually which sectors they appear in?

It highlights that unless you're playing as Terrans you need to be on good terms with at least two of the races, and how useful the Paranid are because Heaven's assertion not only has a shipyard very close to the gate but offers both L and XL kits. And given how much more space those kits occupy means additional trips compared to the smaller ones it really adds up.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 18:53

Teladi have a shipyard in CEO's Sprite - Its not too far from the north gate either. It carries most of what Teladi have factory/ship wise. And it has a docking hangar for everything M6 and smaller. Useful place if you want to duplicate Flak Artillery, Flail Barrage Missiles, and anything else the Military Base sells (Boarding Pods). Mentioning it because I docked 10 Dolphin Super Freighters there and now my missile frigates don't have to wait for missiles anymore. :D

Pirates also have two of the kits. These are both close to an East gate in there sectors.
Small: Hatikvah's Faith / Medium: LooManckStrat's Legacy (The Marauder)

Lost Order should also have a small one, but it's half way across the sector from it's gate.
Weaver's Tempest has both the Small and Large.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 03:27

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 18:53
Teladi have a shipyard in CEO's Sprite - Its not too far from the north gate either.
What do you mean it's not too far? It's quite far from both gates in the sector.
Other than that, it is a very useful yard that has nearly the entire Teladi kit and the connection to a Military Outpost lets you replicate things you otherwise can't, Hammers, Flails, Pods, Adv. Sats, EBC and Gauss ammo. I didn't realize it had an internal dock before though.

One thing about the upgrade kits and the CCK, the ones offered by different races come in different sizes and prices. The annoying thing is the Pirates and Yaki have the cheapest of all the upgrade kits. Argons have the next cheapest S and L kits while Teladi have the cheapest XL. Meanwhile, the Terran CCK is the most compact at 7000 units, but not the cheapest.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 21. Jan 22, 03:36

This reminds me, I have to shore up my Paranid rep as it's dropped below what I need for XL upgrades, I've got 4 new stations that will be needing upgrades when they've done a few more cycles,

I've been training my marines at the military outpost in that sector because one of the sets of gates at the hub is between Company Pride and Thuruk's beard (to connect to Split and Teladi space) so jumping back and fourth is cheap. The outpost itself is a fair distance from the gates, however because the Ocelot and Sirokos that I send there are the speediest in their class, the trip doesn't take them long.

The station upgrade kits are the same cargo volume between races, the only difference is the price; it's the complex construction kits that occupy different volumes with the Terran one being the most expensive, the extra miniaturisation must drive up the price. At the other end of the scale, the Teladi CCK takes up the most space at 9,000 units and is the cheapest.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”