Nemesis - hard to hit an enemy

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: Nemesis - hard to hit an enemy

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 02:33

iXenon wrote:
Wed, 20. Jul 22, 16:11
Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 20. Jul 22, 15:41
Why even bother with the Acinonyx when the Maru is free? :lol:
It depends. I choose the commonwealth side and wasn't able to get Maru at the first attempt. It has Hull Polarizing Device and my marines weren't able to cut the hull. Boarding Pods solve that problem in general, but there are only two M6 ships that could launch them - Acinonyx and Maru. So, to get Maru you have to have Maru :) or Acinonyx. I was lucky to find the last one and it helped me to get Maru after that.
If you got one, the Carrack might be worth trying with. Its got decent turning and speed. And can fire boarding pods.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 04:14

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 02:33
iXenon wrote:
Wed, 20. Jul 22, 16:11
Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 20. Jul 22, 15:41
Why even bother with the Acinonyx when the Maru is free? :lol:
It depends. I choose the commonwealth side and wasn't able to get Maru at the first attempt. It has Hull Polarizing Device and my marines weren't able to cut the hull. Boarding Pods solve that problem in general, but there are only two M6 ships that could launch them - Acinonyx and Maru. So, to get Maru you have to have Maru :) or Acinonyx. I was lucky to find the last one and it helped me to get Maru after that.
If you got one, the Carrack might be worth trying with. Its got decent turning and speed. And can fire boarding pods.
I do have one (when my standing with Pirates was much higher I bought one of every ship as well as factory blueprints :D ), I don't know if it shares the Brigantine's problem of the low fire rate, there seemed to be long cooldown on pods meaning you could only launch one at a time instead of all simultaneously the way you could with an M7M. And the Carrack's shields suck :D

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Wed, 10. Aug 22, 08:26

Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 04:14
I don't know if it shares the Brigantine's problem of the low fire rate, there seemed to be long cooldown on pods meaning you could only launch one at a time instead of all simultaneously the way you could with an M7M.
I believe this is a "missile" (the pods are missiles) property and could be find in the game encyclopedia. It shows the delay you can launch the missiles with. Anyway, on any ship that could launch boarding pods you can use "Piracy menu" (5) and it will launch all pods at the same time. Maru, Carrack, whatever - doesn't matter, it works for any ship. :wink:

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 19. Aug 22, 16:04

iXenon wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 08:26
Sovereign01 wrote:
Wed, 10. Aug 22, 04:14
I don't know if it shares the Brigantine's problem of the low fire rate, there seemed to be long cooldown on pods meaning you could only launch one at a time instead of all simultaneously the way you could with an M7M.
I believe this is a "missile" (the pods are missiles) property and could be find in the game encyclopedia. It shows the delay you can launch the missiles with. Anyway, on any ship that could launch boarding pods you can use "Piracy menu" (5) and it will launch all pods at the same time. Maru, Carrack, whatever - doesn't matter, it works for any ship. :wink:
That's where I must have been going wrong then, I was firing them manually because it was easier while controlling the main guns. On the Brig the launching point seemed to be quite far back meaning you had to be right on top of the target to guarantee a hit- certainly when I was boarding a Boreas I struggled with that. In the end I took it with the trusty Pteranodon/Sirokos combo.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”