My god, it's full of ships!

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Jimmy C
x3tc

My god, it's full of ships!

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 18:17

The Yaki blew up one of my MTR traders, so I decided that they would compensate me by surrendering enough ships to pay back the loss. I got two of the three ships that did the hit, but I decided that wasn't enough. So I went to Savage Spur to hunt for more. I bailed over two dozen fighters and transports. I've recovered a dozen but more keep showing up and now, a Senshi has appeared. I've pulled back to Empire's Edge to catch my breath and take care of a few things.

But I'm definitely going back to finish recovery.

Hwitvlf

Re: My god, it's full of ships!

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 12. Feb 22, 20:07

The Yaki respawn immediately. They appear to have a set number of active battle groups at all times so new ones don't appear till the old go away.

The bail rate in FL is so ludicrously high that there are floating derelicts all over my universe that aren't even worth the effort to claim. I have about 50 bailed fighters/TP/TS in Yaki sectors. I actually reported it as a bug when I first played FL, but the devs never replied so I guess it's intentional. I average about a 50% bail rate. I prefer challenging gameplay where you feel like you've accomplished something big when you claim a ship.

I wouldn't mind if there was automated salvaging as one of the methods for income, but as it is, it's way too imbalanced compared to other sources of income.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sun, 13. Feb 22, 06:10

Automatic Salvaging would be welcoming, but atlas that's a not a thing in FL.

I've also run into this issue of pilots bailing way too easily. In previous games that would be a huge blessing, but since FL reduces your "honor" when you accidentally kill a bailed pilot, I really hate going against M1s with weapons like PSG or PBG, and I'm too much of a control freak to not care about my in-game honor.

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Mon, 14. Feb 22, 18:52

The 21 bailed ships from a protect-station mission - probably at least $20 Million worth not counting bounties, drop-off rewards for the bailed pilots, and the mission pay.
Bailing and collecting ships can be fun, but isn't this excessive?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 14. Feb 22, 20:28

Only 21? I'm coming up to 60 bailed fighters and 25 bailed transports in Savage Spur. I'm trying to recover more than I bail, so I can wrap this up, but every time I go back in there, there's new ships worth bailing.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Tue, 15. Feb 22, 04:21

Hwitvlf wrote:
Mon, 14. Feb 22, 18:52
The 21 bailed ships from a protect-station mission - probably at least $20 Million worth not counting bounties, drop-off rewards for the bailed pilots, and the mission pay.
Bailing and collecting ships can be fun, but isn't this excessive?
I'd say go have a seat in Grand Exchange or Black Hole Sun for a bit. You'll find plenty of Ls and Ms to keep. :mrgreen:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”