Ranking all the M2s in FL

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Hwitvlf

Re: Ranking all the M2s in FL

Post by Hwitvlf » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 18:07

The Turret priority list was added during Albion Prelude and was a massive change to the flexibility of playerships. It gives the player access to the same turret controls which the NPC ships use. They seem to swap weapons largely based upon target's speed and range.

Personally, I don't prefer auto-switching weapons as I need to know exactly how my ship's weapons will behave in order to choose targets and angles correctly. I use the config I pictured for beam weapons only since they can target anything from Capitals to fast moving missiles. As per the settings, they'll target missiles first, capitals second and so on. "Protect Ship" is included for fighter drones as they don't seem to be considered fighters. The "Attack my Target" is included so that I can choose to fire on TS/TP ships or stations.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 19:12

Hwitvlf wrote:
Tue, 22. Feb 22, 18:07
The Turret priority list was added during Albion Prelude and was a massive change to the flexibility of playerships. It gives the player access to the same turret controls which the NPC ships use. They seem to swap weapons largely based upon target's speed and range.

Personally, I don't prefer auto-switching weapons as I need to know exactly how my ship's weapons will behave in order to choose targets and angles correctly. I use the config I pictured for beam weapons only since they can target anything from Capitals to fast moving missiles. As per the settings, they'll target missiles first, capitals second and so on. "Protect Ship" is included for fighter drones as they don't seem to be considered fighters. The "Attack my Target" is included so that I can choose to fire on TS/TP ships or stations.
Weirdly, I've found that when equipped on the Pteranodon the ship and the PALC really struggles against fighters since it often uses weapons other than the beams and it takes a long time to clear out those pesky Xenon fighters. Perhaps I should add some PBEs to the mix.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 21:55

Correctly prioritized, PALC turrets can handle anything on Ptera. You're engaging an M2, the turret keeps it hit. It fires a Firestorm! Turret detonates it, then turns back on the M2. Meanwhile, turrets with no LoS on the M2 hit whatever enemies they can see.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”